Hot Head Burritos Employee Reviews

horrible workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 26, 2019
I loved working at hot heads until it was sold without anyone beng told about it. lots of teenagers were hired and either never trained or trained incorrectly. this was not a hard job at all and wish they had one in Florida so I could work at that one!
Pros
one free meal per shift
Cons
no benefits
Poor Ownership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 17, 2019
I worked here for a year and at first it was okay, Once i promoted the co owner would start drama with crew and talk about everyone behind their backs. High turnover rate and did not pay enough to most crew members. Very slow sales in store. Almost as if no one wanted to come in. Was blamed for the lack of sales in a day and was overworked and under paid by a lot. No good balance between home and work as well.
Pros
free meals
Cons
everything else
Whatever you do go somewhere else.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, OHMarch 12, 2019
To start off the managers don't care about you or the costumer. It is not clean ever, dirt bugs, piled up dishes and nobody would do them. Only time it was clean was inspections which they failed twice and barley passed the last one during the last quarter. The managing staff wouldn't train myself or anyone properly and would throw a fit and complain when you asked a question. The staff is verbally abusive to other staff members. What ever you do, do not work here.
Pros
nothing was actually terrible.
Cons
No breaks ever, unless you smoked
stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 7, 2019
manager was inappropriate, very bad management and unclean. I didn't learn anything but how to roll a burrito, they are terrible people none of them got the work done.
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible
Nice atmosphere
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day at work was simple. It was easy to get into the swing of things and keep yourself on top of things. Some customers were rude though, which is always a downer in food service. Management was great, as well as the teamwork. Everyone would make sure tasks were finished on time. Best part of the job was enjoying down time with co-workers
Pros
Easy job, breaks, 50% employee discount.
Cons
Some rude customers, sometimes too busy.
Place sucks
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJanuary 11, 2019
They tell you as a shift lead to tell the employees what needs done and what didn't get done bit when you do nothing changes and when you continue to do what they tell you you end up getting fired.
Your average fast food restaurant
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 14, 2018
I only worked a part time job here, but I cannot say it is anything special. I was only paid minimum wage and I didn’t get called up to work very often.
Just a bad job in general
Worker (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAOctober 19, 2018
I'd say the main issue I had while working at Hot Heads was the management. The manager would go out of their way to try to intimidate newer people working there to, I guess, "keep them in line." Did not train well at all, yet had very high expectations of you to retain whatever little training you received. They told me I could not work there is I didn't have a particular app on my phone, thus forcing me to go buy a brand new phone just to start working there, overall just not worth it.
Poor Managment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2018
Although my manger and store owner are nice people, they aren't the best leaders. If I could hire a different manger myself I would. And my current manager has a bad habit of hiring people that aren't a good fit for the team. If there was a process to vet applicants outside the current manager, we would have a stronger team and better customer satisfaction.
Don't work for the Spence family.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 5, 2018
Only things you will learn is how not to run a store. They run a quick hook on everyone and will eventually make you crazy with the amount of work/responsibly so they don't have to hire more people. Everything they say and do run against ohio employment laws and regulations. If they call you for Brunswick or stringsville run you will be the next fall person.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Read comment
Slow pace store, no benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 3, 2018
The boss is too strict and demands a lot for little pay. Environment is clean and everything made fresh daily. Slow store but nice for high school kids.
Easy and laid back environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Waverly, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Very good place to work and learn. Awesome atmosphere. The area manager is one of the best I’ve ever worked for. She helps us all everyday and goes out of her way to make sure we are taken care of.
Not a place anyone would recommend
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 24, 2018
The owners are not concerned with providing a positive work environment and impose very unrealistic expectations on their staff. Their stores are often understaffed and management is often asked to do more and more with less and less resources.

Full time management is scheduled for over 40 hours a week and are never guaranteed their time off and aren't given overtime. Part time shift leaders are expected to come in early, work off the clock before their shifts and even do so on their unpaid breaks.

Management withholds promised raises/promotions based on personal bias and sometimes for discriminatory reasons. Management also does little to discourage inappropriate behavior in the workplace and it feels like any kind of harassment claim isn't taken seriously.
Pros
1 free little meal a shift, excluding chicken entrees
Cons
So so many.
fun workplace
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHAugust 21, 2018
I found the employees to be fun and easygoing while being very effective workers, We also valued our customer service skills, and we went out of the way to make our customers very happy
Pros
fun crew
Cons
very short breaks, no free food
High Turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHAugust 10, 2018
HotHead Burritos has excellent food, and easily gives Chipotle a run for its money regarding pricing and food quality. However, the employee turnover rate is quite high when compared to other restaurants.
Amazing Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2018
Hothead Burritos is combined effort of two people who really want to deliver the best in everything. They treat their employees like family. It is a success because the focus is on delivering the best--one burrito at a time.
Pros
Great comapny, great food
Cons
Smaller size means fewer benefits
Standard work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
The job was nice at first but the owner at the time(the branch in Las Vegas is no longer around) was a nice person. But other then that it was just standard for a working environment of fast food service lines like Subway.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Poor management.
Typical fast casual dining workplace
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 21, 2018
Starting as a manager I can say that promoting from within is limited. high turnover rate which is an industry norm.
I lucked out and I really like the owner of the franchise I work at.
Fast paced.
Pros
free meals for full time employees
Cons
high turnover rate.
Good part time job
Hot Head Burritos (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 15, 2018
It’s a good job if you’re lookibg for a little extra money. It’s easy & laid back but you only make minimum wage. I suggest it for any teenagers looking for a job.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Bad pay
Na
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 27, 2018
I do not really think the management they have runs the store according to standard the general manager is not really the best for the job and they could get better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hot Head Burritos. Our community is ready to answer.