Hot Topic, Inc. Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 1,634 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Voted one of the top 25 retailers to work for two years in a row, Hot Topic’s unique culture thrives in an open and collaborative work environment where autonomy is the foundation of your success. You will be given the opportunity to bring in new and innovative perspectives to contribute to the continued success of our business. We foster a welcoming space where you can be who you are and love what you do!
When you join us, you become a part of something bigger. You join a creative group of individuals who are passionate about delivering the best retail experience through our product, customer service, and connection to our brand. With talent from all over, we’ve brought in the best of the best to achieve this common goal.
Work doesn't have to feel like work here at HT! Learn more about our current opportunities and how you can become apart of the fandom at workatht.com.
Explore Hot Topic, Inc.
You're seeing Hot Topic, Inc. jobs close to Ashburn, VA.
Salary estimated from 1.5K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Hot Topic, Inc. have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
The job itself is easy and it’s a nice environment to work in, not very stressful and simple tasks to pass the day. However you are working with a lot of teenagers which can be annoying and the hours can be anything from once a week to 5 days a week depending on the time of year.
Decent job if you can get the management position. Good for your entry level experience but not a long term job. Pay is low and responsibility is high.
One of the best jobs I’ve had, I just wish they had a better rate for their employees. Management was fun, we got things done and still felt like a true family. The discount is great and you’re able to fit in quickly.
the job is so boring and the management is always accusing everyone of stealing. the rate they want you to work at is ridiculous too. they always complain we don’t reach our goal everyday
Working here was so much fun, and the environment was so accepting and loving. The management team made sure to accommodate everyone’s needs and they were very flexible with schedules.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 227 questions about working at Hot Topic, Inc.. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Hot Topic, Inc. employees.
Insights from 786 Indeed users who have interviewed with Hot Topic, Inc. within the last 5 years.
Are comfortable with repetition. Can you lift 50 lbs and easily go up and down stairs?
They asked what my interests were and why I wanted to work there and of course the normal interview questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" things like that and the manager was really understanding and she listened to me
Willingness to work OT of needed ability to follow direction per supervisoe willingness to be crosstrained in other other areas
Genius Brands launches its first Stan Lee-branded CP range(opens in a new window)Kidscreen
The Collectibles Evolution: Business is Booming as Categories Begin to Blur * The Toy Book(opens in a new window)The Toy Book
Hot Topic Black Friday Sale: 30% to 50% off(opens in a new window)dealnews
Hot Topic Cyber Monday Sale: Up to 60% off sitewide(opens in a new window)dealnews
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Hot Topic, Inc.?Published on May 24, 2021
- Hot Topic, Inc.