Hotel Granduca Employee Reviews

Unsophisticated underachieved management
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2018
I worked at Hotel Granduca Austin for a short period of time. Lets just say that I learned about myself quite a bit. That was a positive. The negatives were too many. The management is so bad I feel bad for new hires. From the type of language used in the workplace to the atmosphere of negativity fostered by the managers, to the culture within the Austin branch. It was the only company I worked for where working slow, and inefficiently is rewarded by management. Anything to keep an inner culture of inadequacy.
Pros
If you are slow and lazy, this is a good fit.
Cons
Don’t show intelligence to management, its frown upon.
Very upscale atmosphere
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working with my coworkers at this company they were very helpful in assisting me when I first started with the company and made me become very successful in my position.
Fun and Easy place to work
Turndown Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2017
The people and managers are very friendly and everyone who books a room are very nice. Its a very self explanatory job and you can be taught super quick.
nice place to work but no growth
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed working here, I loved the atmosphere but there was not opportunity for advancement. The owner of the hotel treated his employees very well and was very generous.
Pros
Great ownership, really care for their employees
Cons
No growth potential
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
It was a huge pleasure to work in Hotel Granduca. The service is outstanding, people are so nice and professional. I can definitely say it was one of the best experience in my life!
Pros
free lunches, free parking
Cons
sometimes long hours, working 10 days in a raw
Nice company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
was great to work as security officer for Hotel granduca, the Payment was not equivalent to work load. But its was fine working with them.
Poor Management
manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2016
I worked for few days but everything at the beginning was a joke, I applied for an assistant manager position and when I went to the interview they told me that position was filled but they have some other positions open. I accepted another position and worked for few days, but through the training I saw that the management is not good enough to run the place because of poor experience and cannot manage that high number of employees. I know working in a hotel is not an easy job but it will be terrible with poor management. I see that hotel their management is just about getting good salaries but they don't care about employees. But they never understand without hourly employees they can't even open that hotel. If they would have acknowledge about humanity and began to respect people they will succeed, other than that it will fail..... and then they going to ended up having temporary workers who are going to ruin the entire place for poor experience and it will effect guests directly. I think the owner should reconsider his choice and decision of current management if he wants his business to be successful. Any way I recommend to work somewhere else for everybody.
Is a nice place to work
Administration Clerk / PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
Is wonderful Hotel Granduca is the best and Number 1 in Houston and number 2 in Texas the General Manager is just amazing I respect her allot.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2015
The corporate culture is a diverse and welcoming. There is opportunity for growth and improvement. I highly recommend Hotel Granduca for others.
Horrible Place To Work On Many Levels - Work Here At Your Own Risk
Associate (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 8, 2014
Hotel Granduca is a beautiful Hotel but that is about it. Very unorganized high stressed environment. You will not have the tools or resources you need to succeed, and even if you are doing well, management wont care. The General Manager is racist. Very cheap company. Plan to do work outside of your job description. Food and beverage is a joke but Housekeeping is getting better. Front desk has big turnover. And lets not even bring up engineering or maintenance. You really do not want to know the abuse that department endures. Workplace favoritism is a huge problem. Severe micro management, even a guest sent a letter stating they felt staff was highly micro managed. Management has no problem lying to you. They never own up to their own mistakes and everyone is in each others business. No one is happy. Be careful the GM knows how to talk and make you think she cares. Everyone in the Hotel talks about how fake she is. At the end of the day it is a 5 star hotel and you will learn things there but only from your own hard work not from the systems you would imagine are in place and well there are no systems and you are responsible for creating your own. Job security is very low. They will arrange it so they can terminate you at any moment so be aware. I have seen it happen several times. Many head managers have no life other than Granduca and have no family, so work/life balance is zero. They expect you to be their slave. If you think this paragraph is false go ahead and take the offer they give and you will hate life in a few short weeks. That is a guarantee. Oh and everyone who  more... has left Granduca has felt a huge relief and realized that Granduca was a mistake of their career. Good Luck!!! The sad part is the owners probably don't even know the truth about Life with Granduca.

Oh and the benefits they claim to offer are horribly expensive ($190) a paycheck especially when you are only paid minimum wage. Keep that in mind when they claim how great the benefit package is.

Culture is everyone talking about how much everyone want to leave, how their manager screwed them over, how fake the GM is, and how Food and Beverage is extremely unorganized.
Pros
family meal
Cons
Everything else
Overnight Concierge/Night Audit
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
I found that working overnight was difficult when it came to being a full-time student, sister, and full-time worker. It was hard to balance sleep with my crazy life. The work itself is not bad, but there is a lot of it. Be prepared for some drunk people, but besides that... I loved it here.
Pros
Free Lunches, Nice Managers
Cons
Overnight can be stressful. Lot of work
Nice Hotel for guests, not for employees
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2013
staff turn over rate is very high, poor management from the top down
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
tedious service