Hotel Management and Consulting, Inc Employee Reviews

Teamwork makes the dream work
Human Resources and Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2019
Working in our corporate office supporting our 57 Woodspring Suites', Extended Stay Americas' and Candlewood Suites' is a very fast paced environment and different everyday! I enjoy working with our senior staff and love connecting with new people on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Great company to work for
Traveling Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 26, 2019
Great company, very understanding team. Enjoyed working at different properties learning different styles of customer service with different types of guests.
It’s fun and stress free
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  LagosFebruary 4, 2019
Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions. Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Well set and organized place.
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  LagosJanuary 29, 2019
I love my time been at work , I have not time to waste whenever am at work. But as a matter of fact I love my job because I am proud of it. Keeping myself happy with the workers is the best layout.
Pros
Free lunch 🥙
Cons
Short break, health care and free accommodations
Worst place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 28, 2019
Please read reviews really is the worst place to work horrible management.. they say one thing and do another overworked the employees judgmental and rude
Stressful, No communication, Disorganized
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Very disorganized company. If you need something after 5 pm or on the weekend good luck, they won't answer phone or email. There are no incentives to be the General Manager. They expect a lot out of employees yet do not take the time to know the employees. No work life balance, always short staffed.
February 26, 2019

Hotel Management and Consulting does not manage properties in Dallas, TX. This review must be for a different company.

Overworked and nothing was good enough
GM (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 3, 2018
It was a very stressful job for all rolls. They do not hold true to work/life balance. I did not have a day off for over 2 months from the day I started. They only allow 8-10 employees all together. I was so overwhelmed that I had to ask my wife to come help clean rooms because I was being ridiculed at 10 PM and there was a room dirty. I was a GM at what was considered the best property of the area and it was a mess. They WILL not and DO not give you the power to make the changes that are are necessary to employees and property success. I was thrown in my 2nd day alone with no training. This should not be considered hospitality. It's more like running an apartment complex. I dont give up easy but I cut my losses. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. DO NOT APPLY!!
Pros
I quit
Cons
Working for HMC
They weren’t the nicest and had lots of issues.
Inspector/breakfast (Former Employee) –  Richland, OHNovember 15, 2018
I am a hard worker and will try anything. I think they should have paid more and treated their customers better. Also they didn’t give good discounts and had a moldy smell.
Pros
Good listener, kind, and hardworking.
Cons
The employees
February 26, 2019

Hotel Management and Consulting does not manage properties in Richland, OH. This negative review is for a different company.

pleasant work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  addis ababaOctober 3, 2018
HOTEL FOR ME ITS A PLACE OF WORK WITH RELAXING
hospitality industry is the place where you receive satisfaction and compensation by giving quality service
Pros
lunch bf dinner
Cons
health care insurance
it is interesting and quite essential work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
my simple day at work starts with checking my workplace, is it clean and accurate or not. Here everyone must be punctual and accurate. because it will increase the work efficiency of your time management. And of course, everywhere has their own hardest parts of working and in my situation "doing everything on time" is the hardest part, because there may be lots of clients and we must give a good service on time in order to ease the process of servicing to clients.
Pros
free lunches, well organised time of work
Cons
short breaks, health care, balanced working days.
Very poor quality employer
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WaAugust 28, 2018
The General Manager position is nothing more than a glorified front office manager. You have to wear all hats including working the front desk, cleaning and inspecting rooms, processing laundry and producing all sales for the property. For a 122 room hotel you get 8 employees total. This is the most stingy labor model I have every seen. No retention packages for employees and part time positions only for your employees so good luck keeping turnover down. Also, the GM gets no office, desk or laptop to work from. All work must be done from the front desk. Terrible hotel model, but even worse is Hotel Management and Consulting. DO NOT APPLY!
I love working in hotels.
Chateau saint denis hotel (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 22, 2018
They are very laid back and relaxing u can get the job done in 30 mins. Its all about how long u take in a check out I feel like u should be able to get the job done with in 30 mins. And a stay over only take 15 mins so u can have those room done in no time.
cleaning rooms before guests arrived for a good relaxing night to sleep with a clean fresh room to relax
Cleaning rooms (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
no tips where made hotel not well put together low rates we barely had workers and supplies pay is low but we did our best to make sure our guests where satisfied with there stay in a clean fresh room
February 26, 2019

Hotel Management and Consulting does not manage properties in Jacksonville, FL. This negative review is for another company.

It was a job
Springfield (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJuly 2, 2018
I have nothing to spontaneous to say about the job.. overall they need a lot of work and improvement. They need more stability,. Supplies to work with & they should acknowledge their employees more.
Horrible company who abuses their employees
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 29, 2018
This company does not care about anything other than the bottom line. They overwork all employees from the bottom to the top. They make everyone do way more than they should be expected to do. The overnight position is the worst! They expect you to be available 24/7 but only get paid bare minimum. You only get one day off a week and technically you don't get that because they are always so understaffed that you get called in more often than not.
Pros
Live on site free for certain positions
Cons
Horrible pay, terrible hours, rude guest, overwhelming expectations
Depends on what property
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSApril 27, 2018
Depending on what property you work for and the manager in charge things can be either very awesome and amazing and a great place to work and learn or you could end up in a dead-end spot where you won't even be appreciated for the work you do and not taught anything and end up being held back while trying to advance.
Needs better management
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 23, 2018
The management is horrible, you end up doing everybodies job because the turnver rate is extremely high! The General Manager very rude, she didn't care about you as a person, only about the job.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, long hours, low pay
hardworking staffs
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2017
Work at hotel savoy palmz, staffs where hard working, friendly, gentle and patient with clients also very smart. alway have eyes for detail, aways busy and available
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
1hour breaK
No one cares about you and you aren't going to gain anything.
Safety attendant/ front desk agent (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
As a safety attendant I was given a room to live in for free. The only benefit of this job is the free room, but they will let you go, with no explanation, and with no notice. You are suddenly HOMELESS if you lose your job. The management company sucks, doesn't communicate with employees, and doesn't care about anything you have to say. Don't rock the boat here and you still might not be ok.
Cons
No benefits, no respect for personal life.
Horrible place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 21, 2017
I worked and never received my pay check. The workers were rude and not very helpful. Don't go there, I'm telling you. You will regret it. The rooms are trashed ridiculously and your expected to clean within 30 minutes. First day of work they give you 10 rooms, when on your first day you're suppose to get way less. They set you up for failure.
Pros
Cons
You clock out
November 30, 2017

Hotel Management and Consulting does not manage properties in Abilene, TX. I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience where you were employed. It is imperative that all employees are paid timely and accurately for all hours worked and this is a priority with our payroll department. If you are sure that you were employed with our management company, please forward location details and hours worked to hr@hotelmc.net and we will investigate and resolve this matter. Thank you.

Thanks,
Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel Management and Consulting, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Hotel Management and Consulting, Inc Reviews by Location