Hotels Unlimited, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Experience Thanks to Coworkers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 12, 2019
I'm in sales, which can be stressful, but most of the people I work with (at my location and other locations) are so nice and supportive that it makes all the difference. We can laugh about everything together, and I know they've got my back. I sometimes wish that corporate would give us more leeway and fewer rules and parameters... but I've worked for companies before with no corporate oversight where everything was a confused mess, so it's a good thing in some ways. If you're a people person with lots of energy, I recommend working in sales at Hotels Unlimited.
Incredible company!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 5, 2019
I have had a great experience working with at Hotels Unlimited. The atmosphere is very fast-paced, which is something I really enjoy and thrive in. Would highly recommend to anyone trying to break into the hospitality business.
Good company
Front Desk Management (Former Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJJune 28, 2019
I moved on to a big city, but I had a positive experience during my time with Hotels Unlimited, and I'd recommend them to others. Dealing with clients in the hospitality industry is stressful, and this was no exception, but my managers and ownership were pretty open to my ideas for improvement. For the most part, my coworkers were upbeat and energetic, and I felt supported and appreciated.
Good-sized company; hard-working and upbeat colleagues
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJune 18, 2019
The company is big enough to have solid structure, but small enough that your ideas can get to the top and make a difference. There's not too much specialization - plenty of room to get a wide range of experiences. Hard work is expected, but it's easy to work hard when everyone around you is pitching in, trying hard, and maintaining a positive attitude. Compared to other hotel companies, I think the average experience here is very positive.
Not the best company to work for!
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramada Hotel, Toms RiverJune 3, 2019
Management at the Ramada Hotel in Toms River and Corporate are VERY unprofessional and sneaky. They make you work ridiculous hours as if you don't have a life outside of the hotel. Staff is friendly I got along with pretty much everyone there. Good place to get your foot in the door if you are looking to be in the hospitality industry but that's about it. I started off as a Front Desk Agent for two years and got promoted to Front Desk Manager so there is opportunity for growth but this company is not the best company to work for because of their unprofessionalism and they are very sneaky! Don't be surprised if they terminate you for no valid reason. They may offer you a promotion but then end up letting you go you if you deny it even if you are given the option to stay where you are at LOL! WHAT A JOKE!
Pros
Free meals, get to meet new people everyday at the front desk and staff is awesome!
Cons
Ridiculous hours, barely have a life outside of the job and management is terrible.
Dont do it !
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMay 20, 2019
At first it seems great - especially if you have no prior experience. The pay seems okay, and everyone seems nice. Then you ACTUALLY start working - upper management belittles you and treats you with no respect. You have no work/life balance, and find yourself wandering if it's worth it. Please, if you value your sanity - avoid hotels unlimited
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
No breaks, disrespectful managers
Terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 4, 2019
This company is a complete mess! Let's buy a bunch of hotels and hire unqualified staff (children) at minimum wage.
Don't ask for help or training either.. you're on your own.

They also shuffle "management" around like a deck of cards "to see who fits!"

If you want to join a respectable and professional team that values their employees, LOOK ELSEWHERE! THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.

As a guest; that doesn't mean a thing to them either. You will receive a generic response from one of their desktop folders or points to shut you up. If you're that unhappy, they might throw in a left over cheese or fruit platter... give that a whirl.

Oh, and they are VERY prejudice! It's down right disgusting.

MOST UNPROFESSIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEAUSURE OF BEING ASSOCIATED WITH.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Enjoying What I Do
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 2, 2019
HU is a terrific company for anyone looking for a position with support and growth. It is a great feeling being able to wake up and enjoy going to work. I have worked for four different hotel franchise companies and I can honestly say HU is by far the best one I've worked for.
Pros
Management, Benefits, Quality of Life
You’ve been warned
Management (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 7, 2019
The company is ran by the incompetent children of the person who started the company. Management is a joke and is promoted/gifted a position due to who they are friends with or if they are found to be attractive. The pay is extremely incompetitive compared to other management companies and well below what you will find at a corporate property. Micromanagement from the very top trickles down throughout everyone within the company. I could continue, however I understand if you are like me and just need something until a real opportunity comes around!
Pros
Coworkers who hadn’t drank the koolaid
Front Desk
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJanuary 31, 2019
Enjoyed working the front desk and meeting new people every day. Getting to know the business guest that stayed with us week after week. This was a very upbeat job.
I enjoyed working there. It is a clean hotel would recommend to stay there if in the area.
Banquet Captain, Bartender, Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Very clean
Food is good
Drinks are expensive
Pool on site
Respectful Employees
Located in and exciting part of Freehold
Closest hotel to Six Flags
Pros
Free lunch and dinner for employees
Cons
Always changing management and rules
Do not work here
Server (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 15, 2018
This place is horribly managed. I was never trained and was thrown into the job. Don't bother asking anybody for help nobody knows where anything is . The atmosphere is extremely dirty and violates a lot of health code violations. Stressful if you are a structured person. If you like sitting around and not doing anything this is the job for you.
This company is alright.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 19, 2018
The food and beverage director is stuck up, doesn't have any manners. All she cares about is the money going into her pocket. The operation manager is so annoying, all she cares about are the flaws of the employees but doesn't let you know if you're doing a good job. The complaints are terrible ! Security is a joke! Housekeeping just takes guests stuff that is left in the rooms. The catering department is a negative environment. On sundays its the worst day to work. Always get complaints in the morning when there isn't a manager around. Get yelled out and get paid very low isn't worth my time.
Pros
Free food and discounts
Cons
No break, stand on your feet for 8 hourd and management is alright
Highly competitive work environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 19, 2018
i very much enjoyed working for this company they care about employees and and customers alike. they also like promoting from within. corporate does a good job communicating down to the lowest level employees.
Official response from Hotels Unlimited, Inc.
June 26, 2018

Thank you! This means a lot to us, and we'll continue to work hard to provide a supportive environment for our great team members.

Nothing to say
Night Auditor - Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJOctober 9, 2017
There is nothing to say about this employer. The reason I worked there was the convenience of the location. Otherwise, I would have worked elsewhere. Thank you.
Very unprofessional
Associate (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMay 30, 2017
Beware of this place!!! No work ethics and utterly unprofessional. It's a flat org culture with zero opportunity to grow. Free lunches in hotel buffet.
Pros
NOne
Cons
Too many
Official response from Hotels Unlimited, Inc.
June 5, 2017

We are so sorry that you feel this way. Our company is growing, and we are proud of our long history of promoting from within. We care about offering clear job expectations, strong training programs, and mentorship opportunities, and we are open to ideas about how to make improvements in these areas. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

House what i like to do
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2017
Housekeeping is what I like to do but I just love to clean up n everything because I love doing housekeeping work n cleaning services work to
Great, if you have no life outside the job.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJJanuary 13, 2017
Pay is not competitive, promotion means pay cut with more hours and more responsibility. Management does not want to hear you have children or expecting children - they can't work you to death or use you when they want if you have other outside things to take care of. No positivity. No encouragement. No employee respect, and they remove the ones who do back their employees.
Cons
Management, pay, hours, accountability, morale
Supportive - Rewards Talent and Hard Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJAugust 18, 2016
The company is small enough for my ideas to shine, and large enough to have a solid infrastructure and a variety of opportunities. They're willing to try new things. Managers are hands on. Everyone has a voice. Opportunities for advancement are steady. I've learned so much, and upper management was supportive of me the whole time.
Pros
Some free meals, hotel and theme park discounts, fun coworkers
Cons
Depending on your position, you may be expected to work long hours and/or nights, weekends, etc.
Negative environment.
Account Receivable Bookkeeper/Jr (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJune 22, 2014
It depends what department you work with, but certain departments have a very negative atmosphere, with condescending bosses. If you don't like being put on the spot, or belittled in front of everyone, do not apply.
Pros
Flexible hours to a degree.
Cons
Negative environment, poor management in certain departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotels Unlimited, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.