HotSchedules Employee Reviews

Not a good company and doesn't follow Austin culture
Hotschedules (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2018
CEO is from Atlanta and is basically eliminating all positions and departments in Austin. He is not a fan of the Austin tech culture even though the company was started in Austin and is apart of the tech scene. If you're looking for a job, go elsewhere.
Hotschedules is all smoke and mirrors
Enjoyable environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2017
The culture here is very positive and enjoyable. Everyone is very diligent about their jobs but there are plenty of activities to unwind and relax. The only downside is the pay scale.
Demand Generation Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 15, 2017
Overall HotSchedules is a good place to work. I'd give it 4/5 stars. The benefits are pretty stellar except they took some perks away with the new management. Compensation seems to be mostly in line with the market. There are some issues in sales that upper management is dealing with that will hopefully help make the department more efficient.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Employees don't feel successful when the company is
core values
Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2017
Hospitality
We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
Empathy
We started in a restaurant. Service of others—both externally and internally—is in our blood.
Innovation
We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
Community
We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
Fun
This isn’t a just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
Accountability
We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Productive and fun workplace prioritizing collaboration and communication
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Fantastic environment with peers more than happy to assist new people at every step of the way. Challenging but not overwhelming. Working on moving away from start-up and promising leadership. Focus on ethics, philanthropy, and fun.
Pros
Good management, fun environment, great benefits
Cons
Enterprise systems contain bad data (headache they are trying to clear)
Start up with friendly people
Account Specialist / Bilingual Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2017
Startup with friendly people
Has pool table, foosball table and pinpong table.
Hours were variable, unable to choose your own.
Great office space.
No restaurants around to go eat.
Fun workplace with a relaxed culture
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2017
I began my career as a QA Engineer at HotSchedules. Working here allowed me to develop actual skills that I will be able to apply to all of my future jobs. My direct managers were the best I have ever worked with and they were instrumental in my learning and growing as a tester and automated test writer.
The culture is fun and relaxed on the QA team while still maintaining a high level of quality and steady skill development.
The most enjoyable part of the job is probably working closely with more experienced automated test developers to increase my skills.
Pros
relaxed culture and supportive management
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
One of the best places to work
Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
I cannot speak highly enough about this company. The culture is great, the people are fantastic and the management ACTUALLY cares about what's going on in your world. 10/10.
A Start Up That So Desperately Wants to Be Considered Cool To Work At
Bilingual Customer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2017
Medicine balls, oversized bean bags, option for a standing desk and all the rest of the bell and whistles that you'll find at any corporate office for any online service company. To be clear, working for Hotschedules is great. Really friendly work environment, light drinking on the job after 4pm on Fridays and tons of opportunities for raises. But with more raises comes an increased expectation of product knowledge (there are many products), the ability to train others and often new titles which of course include tons of new responsibilities. A typical day is talking on the phone for 8 hours, helping rural Red Lobster and Jimmy John's locations get there BOH server operating again. I am a very opinionated vegetarian. Overtime I grew increasingly dissatisfied knowing that I was facilitating the operation of all these highway restaurants that I patronize as infrequently as possible. Of course you do get the occasional call in which you have simply the most delightful conversation with someone and often times that makes the day worth it. It just wasn't for me long term.
Pros
drinking beer while working on fridays, ping pong
Cons
way too much expectstion boring phone and computer junk that I promise you will come to despise
Fun and Productive Atmosphere
Tier II Integration Specialist Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
Amazing benefits to their employees. They go above and beyond ensuring that their clients are treated highly and their feedback is being heard. You really get the sense that the company truly cares for their clients and make their program competitive.
Pros
Amazing health benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible hours, Catered lunches
Cons
No where to advance to within the company
Productive and fun place with foosball table
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 5, 2016
Fun place to work where employees will be challenged to do their best. Great coworkers, with a wonderful work/life balance.
Fun
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2016
This is a great place for experience. Very family oriented and beer, work hard play hard. Free pizza every Friday and games.
Great Company to Work For
NetSuite Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2016
HotSchedules is a great Austin company to work for that is rapidly growing. They have a great culture and definitely believe in the work/life balance.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
Good people, decent company, decent perks, iffy management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2015
The good:
HotSchedules has a lot of nice, talented people. There are decent perks such as subsidized lunch delivery, snack bar, ping pong and foosball tables, and the occasional company sponsored fun event. There are lots of interesting new products to work on.

The bad:
There's a decent amount of attrition, which means many people aren't happy. The company underpays and and some of the managers seem to be in it only for themselves.

The company sets unrealistic arbitrary deadlines for software and then rushes out products whether of not they are ready for prime time. As a result we put out buggy products. Then they wonder why they aren't catching on.

The fun events keep getting cheaper and more rare. The benefits are so so.
Fun place to work
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  AustinSeptember 7, 2015
opportunities for advancement but behind curve as far as compensation.
- office is improving
- fast paced
- relaxed atmosphere
Very Family Orientated
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 20, 2015
Very unique positions that don't really transfer to and from any other work place. They understand completely when family just happens. Benefits package is excellent along with the vacation pay.
Pros
Paid time off and no dress code
Cons
Low communication in managers
Austintacios
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2014
This is a very young company that is run like a fraternity. They hire for personality not necessarily job skills. They demote talent in favor of yes, men.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
unorganized, cliques, few women in management
Great workplace love the culture
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2013
Interacted with clients mainly in the restaurant business all day, we trained and fixed any issues with the software for the customer. The workplace is very relaxed and a fun environment. Everyone gets along with one another.
Pros
lunch plan and perks for the employees
Cons
the high call volume
Small company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2012
Small office, small skeleton crew. Easy work but not rewarding enough.