Hotwire Communications Employee Reviews

This company is the best job I had but...
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cypress, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I have been here for several years doing the best I can as being a great employee. I barley call out, come in on time and do the work sent to me in a timely manner. If someone calls out and Im needed, 9 times of 10 Im there to assist. I have not received not one raise, work appraisal, recongnition of being a great employee or anything . Not even a "your doing a good job" from my boss. My department complains about my boss all the time about the same things but no one wants to do anything out of fear for losing their jobs. You can't go to hr because even though it's supposed to be confidential its not. There are some bad and there are some good .Like I said, this job is the best paying job with the benefits and all so I guess I was expecting a little more from this company when it comes to compensating their employees. They do it for some and not for all . We are not treated equally ( not speaking race).
Productive and workplace good communicaion
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  bangladehJuly 1, 2018
Company is the first and leading career management site in the country.
Your web-site aims to explore maximum benefits of the Internet. We believe our service will help the job seekers manage their career more efficiently. This site will also help employers solve many of the problems associated with traditional recruiting methods and allow them to save time and money.
Pros
Quality
Not a good place to work.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2018
They pay descent, but you will likely never get a raise EVER! So make sure you get what you need upfront, or you can forget about it. They hire people with experience to perform a role, then don't ask those people for their input on anything! There is no communication, and a lot of back stabbing and finger pointing! The owner micro manages things she knows nothing about, and the management prefers butt kissers to knowledgeable people who know their business. In one instance deferring to a butt kiss with 6 yrs of experience over those with over 30 yrs experience each. Causing more problems than answers! They excel in delivery of cable services but know nothing about the security industry and should get out of that field of work.
Pros
Descen, t pay and benefits.
Cons
Job security, communication, and cooperation.
Poor management
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2018
They capture your attention with the hourly pay, but once you are in, you soon find out that it is smoke in mirrors. The health insurance is too high. You know that it is bad when the benefits personnel tell you to apply for Obama Care like the majority of the employees had. Management is rude. There is a very high turnover rate and that is because management shows favoritism.
Pros
Pay, hour lunch
Cons
Very high healthcare, cruel management
Customer Service
Customer service/Tier 1 Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2018
I was hired for Tier 2 but I was told, I had to take the Customer Service position . Having a technical background I did not follow there plan for customer service and we had issues. I was made to feel inferior because of my technical background.
Pros
Great start pay but not raise after that
Cons
Bad Management, Hard to Advance
At first it was wonderful during the training period, I saw a future with the company
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2018
Once I was out of training and put out on the floor, it was a totally different story. The call volumn and the expected time matrix was crazy. Many unhappy clients that required follow up, but no supervisor support.
Pros
good pay and decent benefits
Cons
Stressful and inconsistant
its a nice company to work for
LNP Provision Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMay 14, 2018
The environment here is very nice here. The company isn't bad either. My only negative for working here is that the do count the cost of living increases. We will probably never see a raise.
Cons
No rasies
Terrible place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Overall horrible culture and management. Hotwire is one of the worst places I have worked from a culture/management perspective. Ancient practices due to lack of relevant or up to date management. The company is working as an old school Telecom company in a Tech world. CEO has no care to involve herself in her company besides upper management. Very High Turnover. You have been warned.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Terrible Management/Benefits/Culture/Office Environment/Extremely High Turnover
Mom and Pop Telecommunication Company that is growing.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 30, 2017
When first hired, worked in a one room apartment. There were really no processes, just answer the phones and try to help customers to the best of your ability. Coming from 2 larger telecommunication companies, I started to implement processes to better help our growing customer base. I would then train new hires with these new processes. There were no performance incentives in place. No reviews being done. No raises. Just work to be done. No appreciation by upper management. After a few years, things started to change and the working environment got better. Company has it's cliques even though they tried to incorporate inclusion with different employee sponsored events.
Did not promote within. If so, there was no significant bump in pay. Would hire outside help at a higher pay scale.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
No employee recognition or incentives.
horrible, completely unorganised and you get blamed
Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 9, 2018
From the start this company was the most unorganized I've ever worked for. They expect perfection from you but don't have it together at all themselves in other areas. The minute you expect to be treated like they said you would in the interview they start threatening you and the supervisors try to black mail you by failing your jobs if you don't do what they want. Horrible, not a career, a joke. They are beginning to get very strict on the techs but not on the assisting side of things such as the warehouse having the parts or supplies you need. The Head of this branch either does not care or is missing something critical in management skills
Poor Overall
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 6, 2017
Management is poor. Most don't know what comes with being a manager. Unorganized and poor communication.

No advancement opportunities. Roles are filled for new positions prior to it being posted on the company website. Favoritism is huge here... employees are not evalutated or commended for a good job. Instead they are promoted because some manager likes them.

Benefits are bad if you have dependents - be ready to pay $500+ monthly.

They are paying New employees more and not giving anyone else a pay raise to match that. It's sad and the morale is very low.
Pros
Corporate events are cool.
Cons
Heathcare, pay, morale, management
Amazing co-workers and employees. However, company seems not to care about it's employees.
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2018
Honestly, it's a great place with great people. However, the company doesn't take into consideration that the rate of living increases every year and they mostly decide to promote from the outside. I'm looking for something that will allow me to grow, while maintaining my family at home, and growing within the organization. I would like a place that I can stay at until retirement!
Pros
Flexible Schedule.
Cons
Doesn't really care about employee well being.
No Support Employers do not care about well being of Employees
Onsite Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customers of Hotwire but soon I came to realize that the company did not support what they claimed in their employment manual. No review available to see how your work was progressing.
Pros
Loved the customer relationship
Cons
No support from Management or feedback, terrible training
Good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 11, 2018
It was a great experience to work there. I learned a lot about cable, internet, and phone services. The pay was fair for the amount of work required and the management was competent for help during work hours.
Mostly typical telecommunications company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 30, 2018
Fiber to the home mostly. The company offers the opportunity to learn new skills and improve existing skills for experienced cable, wire, and telecommunications technicians, but it's mostly on the job training. Pay varies depending on your position, experience level, and how skilled and assertive you are at negotiating. Advancement is limited and slow.
Hotwire Communications
Corporate Event Planner / Administrative (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleMarch 22, 2018
The start of my day consists of opening up my emails and see what requires Immediate attention. Discuss my manager and co-worker on the next Corporate events in line. Schedule departmental meeting, in house luncheon r guests. Everyday in corporate America companies there are a vast amount of learning. Not only in my current position aNeeds an Administrative Assistant / Event Planner, but I find it important to me to learn other departments for growth. The management style is very demanding and expect outstanding performance. The culture at Hotwire is team based and we all help one another. My goal is that I meet both the Manager/s and my expectations. When my planned Event/s, exceeds my managers expectations.
Pros
Working in a team based environment
Cons
Would like more management feedback
Good Place to Work
Customer & Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 17, 2018
I personally enjoy the work environment. The pay is on time management for the most part just lets you do your work and go home. They have opportunities for advancement.
Bad Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2017
The people that work in most part are really nice, however, management really needs to be worked on. Apparently, they promote just because you know someone from upper management, not for your hard work, dedication, or skills. That is why management there is terrible. Management treat you like dirt just becuase they have that title.

I worked in the Fort Lauderdale location off of Broward and 441 which was unsafe for the employees and they didn't really care. On weekends, they had a police officer there for protection, but that wasnt enough. The building is old and never been updated since they bought it and the kitchen was tiny..could only fit about 5 people there so most of the time, I had to eat in my car or go out.

I had enough and left, hopefully, they will get better with better management, their OSS, and their network.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Unhealthy work environment
Tier 2 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 4, 2017
The Company has the potential to be a good company in the Telecom Industry however

Ownership run the company on a shoe string budget making it difficult to complete your responsibilities.Company continuously changes protocol on a weekly basis due to lack of resources

Management lack the intestinal fortitude to hire the right people to change the culture of the company. Supervisors are Dysfunctional unorganized nescience and very unprofessional

Company has No Direction or Foresight for the Future

No Growth Potential... employees having been working for company for years without a raise.

Health insurance Has very high Deductible

Overall the only positive....Good Place to get experience in the Telecom Industry to use for future employment. Not a place you want to stay long Term.
Pros
Steady Paycheck
Cons
Management is Horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 5, 2018
It was always a great feeling to wake up an work at hotwire everyone worked as a team and we enjoyed what we did for the customers seeing a smile on there face about our services just brings Joy to our hearts at Hotwire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotwire Communications. Our community is ready to answer.