Hotwire Communications Employee Reviews

Great for experience and title promotion - horrible for pay and benefits
Overly Educated Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 11, 2017
Ideal situation for entry-level professionals who can afford to spend a few years with horrible pay and no benefits as there is ample opportunity to gain experience at higher pay grades without the pay. If you are experienced, do not waste your time here. They want highly educated employees but they do not want to pay you for the educational investment you have made in yourself.
Poor Management
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 19, 2017
Poor management. It's like going back to high school. Management is like dictators and only give opportunities to their inner circle. If you have time to take off most likely it won't get approved so your pto is waseted.
na
Senior Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 7, 2017
great company to work for love my co workers the company is growing meaning career growth for those with the company. not a hard job just have to make sure you stay in tune with your customers
Pros
na
Cons
na
Most Laid Back, Well Paying Job Ever!!
Residential Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 5, 2017
Majority of your work is remote and you only visit the office for meetings. I was on salary which helped a lot during the slow summers. Nevertheless, the only reason I no longer work for Hotwire Communications is because I moved. If I could transfer to the area I moved to I certainly would have! You'll love it.
Pros
Freedom, Feel at Home, Everyone is happy, Very Good Culture, Has your back as a rep
Cons
Gas for daily commute, Random calls for appointments
Horrible Place to work
In-House Lead Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309June 23, 2017
Company is Growing but, they treat it like a small company. No advancement unless you are friends with upper management. Supervisors have no clue on managing a team. Raises Non-existing. 5 years with no raise! They will work you until you drop. Management will stab you in the back to make themselves look good. High turn over rate.
Pros
Fiber Optics
Cons
You name it.
Bad Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2017
The people that work in most part are really nice, however, management really needs to be worked on. Apparently, they promote just because you know someone from upper management, not for your hard work, dedication, or skills. That is why management there is terrible. Management treat you like dirt just becuase they have that title.

I worked in the Fort Lauderdale location off of Broward and 441 which was unsafe for the employees and they didn't really care. On weekends, they had a police officer there for protection, but that wasnt enough. The building is old and never been updated since they bought it and the kitchen was tiny..could only fit about 5 people there so most of the time, I had to eat in my car or go out.

I had enough and left, hopefully, they will get better with better management, their OSS, and their network.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Run! Spend a $1000 and get your fiber certifications..
Operational Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
I worked there for 90 days,... give or take. 3 weeks before our "separation," I told my wife that I was going to make them fire me. LOL.. I can't tell you if the problem is technical or Hotwire just being plain cheap, but their network is poo. Go and Google the name of any property Hotwire has under contract. Read the Google provided reviews. Hotwire customers persistently lose their IP address. The TV works because they run it on a private network. But your internet will drop out multiple times a month, week, and day at times. The worst part is that they will tell their field techs to lie to the customer and tell them to purchase a Hotwire branded router for $150 or go get a Nighthawk at BestBuy. Sad... I got fed up and said "F It!" Started telling my repair tickets to contact the FCC. Got fired pretty soon after that. Have some self-respect and go work somewhere else. But I'd retrain real soon. 5G will reduce active wireline/fiber circuits in 3-5 years. Your days are numbered...
Pros
Pay - That's it.
Cons
A whole lot!!!
Horribly unprofessional company
Senior Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 28, 2017
Hotwire is a terribly managed company. They do not give raises at all, and do not promote from within. I would strongly advise not working there unless you have no other options.
Pros
Work hours are consistent.
Cons
No raises, bad management, no safety regulations.
Not a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2017
The people that work there are great, the management really stinks.
CEO is disconnected and doesn't engage anyone !! Since day one, the rumors were they were hoped to be bought out !! Heck of an environment thinking you're probably temporary from day one ! You will never get a raise, they will make all kinds of promises , but will never deliver !!
Pros
Regular paycheck
Unhealthy work environment
Tier 2 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 4, 2017
The Company has the potential to be a good company in the Telecom Industry however

Ownership run the company on a shoe string budget making it difficult to complete your responsibilities.Company continuously changes protocol on a weekly basis due to lack of resources

Management lack the intestinal fortitude to hire the right people to change the culture of the company. Supervisors are Dysfunctional unorganized nescience and very unprofessional

Company has No Direction or Foresight for the Future

No Growth Potential... employees having been working for company for years without a raise.

Health insurance Has very high Deductible

Overall the only positive....Good Place to get experience in the Telecom Industry to use for future employment. Not a place you want to stay long Term.
Pros
Steady Paycheck
Cons
Management is Horrible
Fun work place but management doesnt know the difference between a cable and a rope
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 20, 2017
Worked in two different dept they said they promote from within but they never do. Dont expect a big salary raise if any maybe 5 or 10 cents after a few year working for them. One of their best techs was never appreciated. Left to avoid conflict with racist redneck supervisor.
Pros
Fun place to work, good people working there
Cons
Management dont really care about you, only on how squeeze you more and more
fiber optic installer
Field technician// Fiber optic installer (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 9, 2017
Installing fiber optic wire in residential homes; positioning the entry filters in corresponding outlets within attics and outside the home. climbing ladders and in attics
Great Group of Employees to Work With
Regional Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 9, 2017
Small but growing organization. Fun working environment but not all department on the same page. Employees are friendly and fun to work with but it takes some time to establish credibility with leaders.
Their loss
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 1, 2017
I was called to schedule an interview and the first thing they asked was my salary requirement which I said I would not disclose until an offer was made. Then was told they would call me back the next day with an interview time. Never heard back. They didnt even ask me about my background or experience. They will never find talent this way, only people that will quit after a month. Not a good way to start an interview process. Their loss not mine.
Pros
Probably none
Cons
Recruiters
a place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 28, 2017
if you need a job. this a nice little company to stay at for a year or so until you find something worth while with good benefits and good pay.
Lead / Customer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PA 19004January 19, 2017
Over all experience has been a positive one, health benefits could be
better, work environment is pleasant a friendly work situation I have no complaints
Wonderful Experience
Property support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Great Company really taking telecommunications to an A plus experience unlike any other company great team of professionals
Pros
Puts customers First
Cons
Great Company
Fun, creative and productive environment.
Client Relations Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Fun, creative and successful company. Flexible and able to work in a constantly changing environment with strict deadlines and critical response times.
Hotwire
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 16, 2016
Going to the office and get ready to sell FIBER products to new customers

I learned how to sell FIBER Services

Management only care about their own interest.

Co- Workers where professional and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was cold-calling for new business

The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits and compensation plan
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Hard to have a day off
Not a Job to look forward to
Tier 1&2 Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 3, 2016
Hotwire has the ability to be one of the best companies to work for, but management switches constantly, no room for growth. No communication between management and the call centers.
Pros
Paid time off, sick time
Cons
no room for growth, short breaks, stressful job enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotwire Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8