Hotwire Communications Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Productive and workplace good communicaion
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  bangladehJuly 1, 2018
Company is the first and leading career management site in the country.
Your web-site aims to explore maximum benefits of the Internet. We believe our service will help the job seekers manage their career more efficiently. This site will also help employers solve many of the problems associated with traditional recruiting methods and allow them to save time and money.
Pros
Quality
Launch Supervisor
Launch Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2018
I love Hotwire Communication. Wonderful family Oriented place to work. Wonderful opportunities to grow with the company and build your development skills.
Hotwire Communications
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2018
Hotwire Communications is a fast-paced telecommunications company with advanced growth. This organization offers various career opportunity and makes room for advancement possible on a daily basis.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Customer Service scheduling can be too rigid
Hotwire Communcations
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 22, 2018
They will teach you to use more tools and there is no advancement of pay increase. Working for this company will prepare you to work for other companies in a technical field.
Learn alot
GROWTH AND CONSTRUCTION INTERN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2018
You can learn a lot from the mangers. At times it may be a little chaotic with multiple projects at once, but overall it is a great place to work and learn about the industry.
Pros
great staff
Cons
chaotic
horrible, completely unorganised and you get blamed
Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 9, 2018
From the start this company was the most unorganized I've ever worked for. They expect perfection from you but don't have it together at all themselves in other areas. The minute you expect to be treated like they said you would in the interview they start threatening you and the supervisors try to black mail you by failing your jobs if you don't do what they want. Horrible, not a career, a joke. They are beginning to get very strict on the techs but not on the assisting side of things such as the warehouse having the parts or supplies you need. The Head of this branch either does not care or is missing something critical in management skills
update
Collector (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 4, 2018
typical stressed environment i have learned how to collect in billing by the bad debt methods and past due account info.we do inbound and out bound calls. we disconnect accounts explain billing.work hours are 9-6 high micromanaged department. employees are treated like kids basically. manager is very condescending.
Not a good career choice
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 28, 2018
The tech is awesome ! Unfortunately they manage the business like they own the world they treat loyalty with disdain . Do not work there if your looking for a career it is not promised nor should you expect it.
Fast paced and busy environment
Tier II Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMay 25, 2018
In a typical day, I work with many field technicians, and other personnel, to ensure customers' services are functioning properly.

With industry standards constantly changing, we have to learn how to use and maintain new products and hardware constantly.

The job itself is not too hard, but it can be difficult if the different teams are not on the same page.

I enjoy having to learn how a particular device works, and the different ways we can manipulate them to get the results that are needed.
Cons
No windows
Poor management
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2018
They capture your attention with the hourly pay, but once you are in, you soon find out that it is smoke in mirrors. The health insurance is too high. You know that it is bad when the benefits personnel tell you to apply for Obama Care like the majority of the employees had. Management is rude. There is a very high turnover rate and that is because management shows favoritism.
Pros
Pay, hour lunch
Cons
Very high healthcare, cruel management
bad place
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 18, 2018
amazing company, amazing product, upper management is terrible, they lie to the owner and hide issues.

the president of the company needs to go, very shady.
At first it was wonderful during the training period, I saw a future with the company
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2018
Once I was out of training and put out on the floor, it was a totally different story. The call volumn and the expected time matrix was crazy. Many unhappy clients that required follow up, but no supervisor support.
Pros
good pay and decent benefits
Cons
Stressful and inconsistant
Customer Service
Customer service/Tier 1 Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2018
I was hired for Tier 2 but I was told, I had to take the Customer Service position . Having a technical background I did not follow there plan for customer service and we had issues. I was made to feel inferior because of my technical background.
Pros
Great start pay but not raise after that
Cons
Bad Management, Hard to Advance
its a nice company to work for
LNP Provision Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMay 14, 2018
The environment here is very nice here. The company isn't bad either. My only negative for working here is that the do count the cost of living increases. We will probably never see a raise.
Cons
No rasies
Hotwire Communications
Corporate Event Planner / Administrative (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleMarch 22, 2018
The start of my day consists of opening up my emails and see what requires Immediate attention. Discuss my manager and co-worker on the next Corporate events in line. Schedule departmental meeting, in house luncheon r guests. Everyday in corporate America companies there are a vast amount of learning. Not only in my current position aNeeds an Administrative Assistant / Event Planner, but I find it important to me to learn other departments for growth. The management style is very demanding and expect outstanding performance. The culture at Hotwire is team based and we all help one another. My goal is that I meet both the Manager/s and my expectations. When my planned Event/s, exceeds my managers expectations.
Pros
Working in a team based environment
Cons
Would like more management feedback
Not a good place to work.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2018
They pay descent, but you will likely never get a raise EVER! So make sure you get what you need upfront, or you can forget about it. They hire people with experience to perform a role, then don't ask those people for their input on anything! There is no communication, and a lot of back stabbing and finger pointing! The owner micro manages things she knows nothing about, and the management prefers butt kissers to knowledgeable people who know their business. In one instance deferring to a butt kiss with 6 yrs of experience over those with over 30 yrs experience each. Causing more problems than answers! They excel in delivery of cable services but know nothing about the security industry and should get out of that field of work.
Pros
Descen, t pay and benefits.
Cons
Job security, communication, and cooperation.
Expendable Assests
Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 1, 2018
The title speaks for itself. Every employee at Hotwire are nothing but expendable assests.
-Management will suck you dry, and dispose of you.
-If you are are threat to someones advancement and/or position, they will find any excuse to alienate you until you quit.
-Nothing is organized or set in stone. One thing will be said, and be completely different the next day.
-No procedures or real processes. Everything is being made up along the way.
-Due to the fact that 90% of the employees there have no where else to go, they will stab you in the back to ensure that they remain in good graces with upper management.
-Watch what you tell your coworkers or peers. There are people who will pretend to befriend you, and report everything back to your boss.
-Insecurities are very high amongst employees. Due to the high turn over rate, and the various demands of upper management, titles/job descriptions are never organized or set.
-The owner of the company is extremely out of touch with her employees and allow the tyrants(upper management) to do whatever they please. Even if it’s to the detriment of the company.
-The level of respect is very poor. Management regularly gossips and degrades each other to one another. If they do not like you, they will berate you and slander your name throughout the office. Discrediting you every chance they get.
-Being considerate and trustworthy is deemed as weakness. Being cold and calculated is glorified.

If after everything you read, you still decide to apply here, please know that you have been warned.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Hotwire is barely a company...
LNP - Provisioning Specialist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 17, 2018
interdepartmental communication is a joke, no one gets a long with each other, and half the teams don't have immediate supervisors to provide them support...

don't do it
Pros
Cons
hotwire
Systems needs to be updated.
Customer Service/ Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLFebruary 8, 2018
I like the pace when its not busy season and needs better management. Also the company is on the forefront if fiber optic technology and grows faster every year.
Likes my boss
TAC Tier II-Repair Supervisor-Provisioning Lead (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 7, 2018
Only part I liked was the actual work and my direct supervisor other than that the hiring process for new employees was not great and the pay structure was way below standards.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
Low Pay