Houchens Industries
68Average

Houchens Industries Employee Reviews

Management is great at encouraging you and helping you succeed, hours are great but pay is horrible, you have to beg for a raise or you’ll never get one. Great atmosphere and overall a great job I love meeting several different people and seeing the same faces everyday while building relationships with my customers!
Pros
Atmosphere, management, overall experience
Cons
Low pay, very stressful environment
I absolutely loved working within this environment. I came into work with a smile and left with a smile. This place is a great place to work and to shop. The employees love and treat the customers with respect, and thoughtfulness.
Pros
Cons
The pay needs to raise
The company itself is great to work for but, what hurts is the poor management at the store I worked at. I was treated unfairly by coworkers and management in the store. But the district management was great.
Working with houchens is an incredible experience. The work environment is generally pleasing. The benifits are well worth the work. And the work days go by safely
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Sonic was a good first job for me to have and It improved a lot of my skills. There was a few difficult times, but overall it was a good job. I wouldn’t decide to work at Sonic again though.
Pros
Good hours and okay pay.
Cons
Bad working environment. My assistant manager was rude.
The store manager is a joke and he picks his favorite employees and caters to them one said employee gets 55 plus hours a week while some fight for hours. He talked down and degrades employees and even reprimands employees in front of other employees and customers. He dosnt know how to lead, order, communicate or even a t like an adult how he got job is beyond me
Great company w great work ethic and one of the best esop programs in the nation definitely enjoyed my time w Houchens and sometimes miss it. Benefits and work culture are also a bonus w Houchens . If u are on the fence about working for them don’t be because this is a fantastic company to work for!
Pay isn’t the best but estop is good for retirement. Hours are some what flexible there’s many opportunities for advancement and long term employment if wanted and worked for
I have enjoyed my time at IGA with Houchens Industries. The scope of my job was well within my means to reach each goal while still providing enough of a challenge to keep me driven and focused. The managerial staff and my other coworkers have become my friends. I will be sad to leave this job, but moving from Pineville to Williamsburg has left me no choice.
I would not recommend working for this company. The HR manager and Assistant HR Manager are no longer at the company since I worked there but their replacements shadowed them for a while before they made their exit. I would hope that things have changed but I have no way of knowing. If you get a job here I would consider having a backup. If you are a single income household you would need two or three jobs to stay afloat.
Pros
Esop
Cons
You could go to McDonalds and get more promotional opportunities, increased pay and feel more like you're making a difference in the world.
Great Job. Great environment with great customers. It was a job that I enjoyed getting to talk to many different kinds of people. There was always something to do at work and I stayed busy.
90% of Employees gossip like high schoolers! Some supervisors are not cut out for leadership. No one listens to constructive criticism or suggestions. But mostly HR is a JOKE!
Its an alright job, just dont think it has good management or flexibility, judgemental managers and don’t appreciate it, they don’t appreciate your work.
Pros
In meat room dont really have to deal with alot of people
Cons
Judgemental managers, not much flexibility, have to clean shave hair net aint a option, even if you have a sensitive skin problem, and break out when you shave.
Very low pay for what the job intels. Would not recommend this place to work. I do not feel it is a good work environment. They have a lot of silly and outdated rules.
40 hr work week, pay is good, job is consistent and i learn a lot from my department manager and get to expand on my knowledge of what i do a seasoned butcher.
I learned the responsibities of being a cashier and what it takes to becoming a good person and also learning how to help someone out when they need the help.
This company is a diversified company and the duties included a variety of daily duties so you are never bored with your job. The management is very precise and micro managed.
Houchens is a productive place to work which helps employees with an ESOP advantage that is a very important benefit. I worked as a Picker/Packer in the warehouse in Bowling Green, KY which was a fun job where we loaded trucks and had a lot of fun driving the forklifts in the warehouse. We had a lady supervisor who was very nice and always made us do our best in the workplace environment.I wish that I had never quit at this facility because of the good management and benefits.
I like my job. I like majority of the people I work with. But, I don’t get enough hours and the job isn’t dependable. The store is a good place to work.
The company is good to work for they start out at minimum wage and they may give you a raise every year normally a dollar sometimes less denpending on how they think you do but they have good job security
It was a good job I just couldn't get enough hours that I needed so I had to find a place where I could get better hours. It was a good work environment and everyone was friendly.