Houlihan's Restaurants Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work, I worked there for a long time and the managament was always great with all of its staff. Too bad that they went out of business and never let anyone know ahead of time.
not a positive enironment
ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 23, 2018
poor location and clientele was not of normal character. staff was very unprofessional and was very aggressive with the guest and others. not a friendly
Pros
free meal
Cons
poor attitudes
Productive, Positive work enviorment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2018
A typical Day is checking for cups to be restock, napkins. Check all assignment for the day. Greet all customer and check on tables. Check in with manager on duty for assignments and task for the day.
Pros
tips daily always leave with cash for gas or grocery
Cons
short maybe no break
Similar to Most Restaurants
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 18, 2018
I'd imagine Houlihan's is like most food service environments, as it is fast paced and reliant on communication with coworkers. Management was unorganized in ways, but they have since redone that department. I would often not know when I was going to be done with a shift, and end up leaving many hours after predicted cut time.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Not flexible with schedule
fast pace you have to keep up
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2018
it was ok working at Houlihan's it was really a lot to do as a dishwasher and not enough pay I would recommend to support family but overall ok experience
Pros
free meals when you first start off
Productive and fun work environment.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day at Houlihan's requires all employees to work hard to keep the guests happy and the restaurant in good form. I have learned many lessons from Houlihan's. I have learned how to fix a problem the guest is experiencing in the most professional way possible. If I cannot handle the problem on my own the management staff is quick to assist me. The management is very helpful and understanding in any situation. The part I like the most about this job is interacting with the myriad of people that come into the restaurant.
Pros
Interacting with new guests during every shift.
Cons
Guests problems and no health benefits.
The job is okay for some extra money
Busser,expo,dishwasher,prep (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJSeptember 4, 2018
If i had a better job offer j would take it but at the moment it is all ive got but it doesnt give me enough hours at the moment. Its more of a teens job not something i would do if i need to provide for a family
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minority is a bing thing
fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 31, 2018
I really enjoy the fast paced environment. I like to have daily challenges. The management on the other hand were more focused on friendships rather than actually managing.
eh
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 4, 2018
i wouldnt recommend, its stressful. always worrying about if your gonna run out of something or not. not knowing if your gonna be able to make it by for the rest of the week or not..
Pros
discounts
Cons
drama
Overwhelmed by the required tasks
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJAugust 1, 2018
The responsibilities of the job at times was overwhelming due to the high demands and fast paced environment. I was fed by the chefs delicious and hot meals. There were late hours for the position i was in.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
long hours additional responsibilities

Want to know more about Houlihan's Restaurants Inc?

Ask a question
Very stressful place to work. Loved the people. Just the management was terrible.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSJuly 26, 2018
Management was always changing. Place has gone downhill. Was part time which means no more than 40 hours a week. I always worked more than that and didn’t get paid time and a half.
Basic
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
It's your everyday friendly neighborhood houlihans. you know what you are going to get out of there when you enter.wonderful food and drinks. Upscale TGI Fridays basically.
was great management
chef/prep cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2018
loved my kitchen manager always gave days off that i needed always worked with my daughters schedule. always there to help if im stuck or needed help. if something came up at school they worked with my schedule to go pick up my kid from school and let me bring her so i could continue working to make up hours.
Pros
free food, good hours, great management
Cons
no breaks
When i worked there, it wasnt great
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 12, 2018
When I worked at houlihans in 2016, management wasnt great but they have made drastic changes and changed management trying to make the company better. Food is fine, restaurant is mostly clean. its a good starting place.
Pros
job movement
Cons
men
Hard work and bad hours
Busser/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 11, 2018
The pay is 4.50 an hour plus tips, and the only days when you can make decemt tips is the weekend. The hours are very bad because it can get in the way of weekend activities
Pros
discounts, cool managers
Cons
hours
Great job!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  230 W huron rdJuly 9, 2018
Co-workers are very friendly. Management very understanding. Can be very fast pace during lunch hours. I enjoyed my time working at Houlihan's. Great job for college students.
Great place to start serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJuly 3, 2018
Great place to gain server experience. I learned a lot on how to deal with guests at houlihans. Only thing business starts to slow a little after summer.
Great place to work, fun atmosphere and good culture.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 3, 2018
Love working for Houlihan's. Great culture and flexible scheduling. Great onboarding/training program for all levels within the organization. I enjoy working here.
Great Pay
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2018
Dishwashing at Houlihans was very easy and didn't require a lot of knowledge, the pay was very good. It was easy to get hired and stay employed. I liked working there.
Overall experience working for Houlihans
Server, Bartender, and Salary Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 26, 2018
On paper it seems like an amazing place to work, it's been around for a long time which is impressive. The money as a server, or bartender is decent but you have to hustle for it. They often times set expectations for you to follow without following them themselves. No leading by example.
Pros
Money is decent, the guests are nice, the menu has a little of everything on it making them open for all types of diners.
Cons
Upper management is awful, they have horrible communication skills, they don't give everyone equal opportunities to shine, and never hold thank you themselves accountable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houlihan's Restaurants Inc. Our community is ready to answer.