Houlihan's Restaurants Inc Employee Reviews

houlihans
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOApril 18, 2018
I started working at houlihans when I was 16 and stayed for many years. Easily got promoted and move up the ranks. friendly environment with a lot of positive vibe co workers
Pros
good people
Cons
late nights
Stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJApril 12, 2018
Quick paced and stressful. I cried a lot. Midway through my time here, we got a new manager who made the job a lot more tolerable and was easier to talk to, but by that time I had already made the decision to leave.
Hello
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJApril 11, 2018
Hello,
Is it me you are looking for
I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
I can only say I love you for all time.
You used to whisper my name
I loved it even i had some shame
Pros
Sing while you worked
Cons
needed to be updated
Great company
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 9, 2018
A great business model. The company bought Applebee's and the food quality has expired. From the outside looking in, it appears there is a cap in the salary for most managers.
Fun serving job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 26, 2018
Being a server and Houlihans is a lot like any other serving job. There isn't really any room for advancement and your manager may be a good one, and may not. Just a general food service position.
Good work place, hectic environment
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 22, 2018
Working at Houlihans gave me an opportunity to learn about people and how the food business runs. It was very hectic working there but it was worth it with awesome coworkers!
Fun place to work and everyone is like family
Dining Room Supervisor, Head Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 19, 2018
A typical day for a server is coming to work, checking out your section, greeting guests and making them feel welcome, giving excellent dining experience, taking care of payment, helping out other servers, doing side work, cleaning your section after you're cut, cashing out with MOD, then going home. I have learned that kindness and teamwork goes a long way in the restaurant business. Management is awesome there. They will work right along beside you, and try to accommodate any time off or if you would need to leave early. It's a fun place to work because everyone does treat you like family. The hardest part of the job is when you get those tables where everything seems to go wrong. But they're not there all day with you, so you can go about your day when they do leave. The most enjoyable part about the job is everyone you work with, regular guests that come in just to see you, and the flexibility of hours.
Good food and better people
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 10, 2018
A good place to work, can be a bit stressful but that's part of working in a restaurant. Kitchen and FOH staff almost always get along. Hardest part of the job can be the lunch special, where they actually time how long it takes for dishes to get out, but in my time working there we never ran out of time.
Great job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  25651 Detroit Rd Westlake Ohio 44145February 14, 2018
People are nice and smokes break's we're once after rush and one after close. Dinner was usually busy and fry station was the worst,but overall I think you should try to get the job.
Stressful at times, but injoyable
Dinning Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 2, 2018
Fellow management and our great staff make this job worth staying for. I worked at the north location for a few years before going to the south location. I have to say, South has by far been the most enjoyable for me. Love fellow management. I can't say that enough. It's like a second family ♡ our clientele is great
Pros
Great fellow employees, delicious food
Cons
High family health care cost
Productive workplace
TRAINER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Over all a great place to learn how to create personable relationships, learn how to suggestively sale and convince a guest that they are interested in buying an item, and how to perfect team work and problem solving
Horrible management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 20, 2018
While I gained a stronger sales initiative, the management and unnecessary competitiveness between servers was overbearing. I loved my regular customers.
Face paced environment with a wonderful staff
Key Manager, Server (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 19, 2018
I loved working at Houlihan's for the last 12 years and I have learned so much during my time here filling in at pretty much every job in the restaurant. A typical work day for me varies pending on which role I am filling for the day. If I am in the role of Key Hourly Manager, a typical work day starts with organizing the restaurant , counting deposits and the safe, and logging in the previous days paperwork. Throughout the day you will be required to answer the phones, talk with customers and handle many difference scenarios. If I am in the role of a server then I would set up the restaurant and provide exceptional customer service all while keeping everything stocked and clean. Our management is wonderful and truly cares about the staff and will always go over an above to make sure everything runs smoothly and sets a great example of what they expect the Key Hourly Managers to do. The hardest part of the job is during the peek hours and can be highly stressful and challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is our staff. They are amazing people and help keep everyone in high spirits and make the day go by pleasurably.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly staff, high standards for food and cleanliness
Cons
Short breaks
terrible place to work
FOH (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJanuary 18, 2018
the managers blow, the staff blows. There was a lot of drama working there and they were so slow most nights with 9-13 servers on the floor and it was impossible to make money. There is also an extreme amount of favoritism going on amongst ALL the managers.. if they dont like you, be prepared to get the brown end of the stick .. every time.
A place for serious cooks.
Broil cook (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2018
Outstanding employees,' above all great at working around your schedule. They had a very wide variety of different culture inspired food which I found to be very enlightening.
Okay place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Met some good people and had an okay time working there! Poor service choices with some of the staff members not being very cleanly, quality people. But overall not a bad place to work
Pros
50% off
Cons
Never consistent hours
Great working experience
Fry Cook/Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2018
Working at Houlihan's was very cool I got to work at almost every station. Everyone there was very friendly other than the manager who was extremely rude to me.
server life
Bar tender- creating beverages (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2018
i was a server and bartender so it was pretty typical. as a bartender i had to make sure i knew all my drinks, that the set up from the morning shift was redone.
Part Time
Server/ Expo / Host (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Houlihans is a great place to work while in school - it provides a friendly place to work, along with a wonderful food menu to speak about with your guest.
A very organize and well managed establishment
Server (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 29, 2017
A day at work would be a normal pace flow of traffic right before dinner, i learned that just before dinner hours it is wise to prep yourself before such a fast pace shift begins and if times got too hectic, the management staff was at the right positions to attend to any problem occurring before it was it got outta hand. the staff and customer relationship really set the tone for regulars in the restaurant, as the tone being a relaxing and fun place to eat. the hectic parts of the day could be seen as hard but knowing that is hectic is that everyone is getting to work and serving the customers in a timely fashion for the great eating experience.
Pros
The experience the customers
Cons
running out of certain inventory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houlihan's Restaurants Inc. Our community is ready to answer.