Houlihan's Restaurants Inc Employee Reviews

Great Company
Server / Hostess / Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 26, 2018
I loved Working for this company and am sad my location closed. It was a very laid back work atmosphere with fast paced daily activities. The management was extremely hands on and helpful.
Houlihan's is a terrific company where you can grow throughout your career.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 25, 2018
Days are routinely fast paced with much to learn for anyone who wants to advance in the hospitality business. Good interpersonal skills are an important part of any position in the restaurant industry. I have found that working with a productive team is most satisfying.
Pros
Personal satisfaction in providing a wonderful all around experience to guests.
Cons
None. I enjoy every aspect of the business.
fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
this was my first and only job as a waiter and this place made me feel welcomed. it was great money with a great staff and great management. unfortunate we closed
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Fun work place good restaurant
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there for the challenge to meet and excede required crieteria. Good people and friendly evironment set up for easy communication and teamwork
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
No cell phones
You love the challenge!!
Lead Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
A work place that you will enjoy working.Theres nothing like working in the city and doing it with people you will call family. I must say that working there was great on my pockets and experience with cultures.
Pros
Holidays are the best!
Cons
Unexpected time will be required of you.
Good work relationships
Host (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Management was organized and helpful. The servers were mostly young and inexperienced and there was no urgency. I ran Opentable and kept the floor running smoothly and the rotation fair.
it was not a busy location so I spent alot of time just standing there and trying to keep busy. Not all locations are that slow.
Pros
employee discount is 50%
Cons
lack of team work
good place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 28, 2018
stayed busy. my typical day was always washing the dishes, taking the trash out, sweeping, moping, and taking the boxes out.the day truck comes I will help put the truck up in the freezers.
Pros
drink all day
Cons
no break
Negativity
Expo/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 27, 2018
While working at the restaurant, all I would hear was gossip about coworkers with that coworker standing right there so they could hear all about it. I grew incredibly tired of this atmosphere quickly.
Great Place
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work, I worked there for a long time and the managament was always great with all of its staff. Too bad that they went out of business and never let anyone know ahead of time.
not a positive enironment
ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 23, 2018
poor location and clientele was not of normal character. staff was very unprofessional and was very aggressive with the guest and others. not a friendly
Pros
free meal
Cons
poor attitudes
Productive, Positive work enviorment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2018
A typical Day is checking for cups to be restock, napkins. Check all assignment for the day. Greet all customer and check on tables. Check in with manager on duty for assignments and task for the day.
Pros
tips daily always leave with cash for gas or grocery
Cons
short maybe no break
Similar to Most Restaurants
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 18, 2018
I'd imagine Houlihan's is like most food service environments, as it is fast paced and reliant on communication with coworkers. Management was unorganized in ways, but they have since redone that department. I would often not know when I was going to be done with a shift, and end up leaving many hours after predicted cut time.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Not flexible with schedule
fast pace you have to keep up
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2018
it was ok working at Houlihan's it was really a lot to do as a dishwasher and not enough pay I would recommend to support family but overall ok experience
Pros
free meals when you first start off
Productive and fun work environment.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day at Houlihan's requires all employees to work hard to keep the guests happy and the restaurant in good form. I have learned many lessons from Houlihan's. I have learned how to fix a problem the guest is experiencing in the most professional way possible. If I cannot handle the problem on my own the management staff is quick to assist me. The management is very helpful and understanding in any situation. The part I like the most about this job is interacting with the myriad of people that come into the restaurant.
Pros
Interacting with new guests during every shift.
Cons
Guests problems and no health benefits.
The job is okay for some extra money
Busser,expo,dishwasher,prep (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJSeptember 4, 2018
If i had a better job offer j would take it but at the moment it is all ive got but it doesnt give me enough hours at the moment. Its more of a teens job not something i would do if i need to provide for a family
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minority is a bing thing
fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 31, 2018
I really enjoy the fast paced environment. I like to have daily challenges. The management on the other hand were more focused on friendships rather than actually managing.
eh
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 4, 2018
i wouldnt recommend, its stressful. always worrying about if your gonna run out of something or not. not knowing if your gonna be able to make it by for the rest of the week or not..
Pros
discounts
Cons
drama
Overwhelmed by the required tasks
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJAugust 1, 2018
The responsibilities of the job at times was overwhelming due to the high demands and fast paced environment. I was fed by the chefs delicious and hot meals. There were late hours for the position i was in.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
long hours additional responsibilities
Very stressful place to work. Loved the people. Just the management was terrible.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSJuly 26, 2018
Management was always changing. Place has gone downhill. Was part time which means no more than 40 hours a week. I always worked more than that and didn’t get paid time and a half.
Basic
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
It's your everyday friendly neighborhood houlihans. you know what you are going to get out of there when you enter.wonderful food and drinks. Upscale TGI Fridays basically.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houlihan's Restaurants Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about