House Buyers of America Employee Reviews

Cutting Edge
Real Estate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 9, 2018
Fast paced and a good work environment!

If you are up to speed on modern technology and take pride in coming to work and doing your best each day, you will do well here.
Lots of synergy among employees and many perks you won't find in most offices.

I have worked here 6 months and made a few suggestions that I felt would improve the company and the sales process. They are now hiring a person to fill the new role I suggested. That is a major compliment!
Pros
Stocked fridge with Sparkling Water, Redbull, Snack. Casual Dress when needed, flexible schedule withing reason.
Cons
May have to work over periodically or take after hour calls but that is the nature of industry.
Bad working environment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChantillyJuly 9, 2018
There is a reason why this company is always hiring. They will tell you in your interview that the company is growing and they are looking to expand, but that is not the truth. This place is a revolving door, NO ONE stays here very long. Be ready to work long hours, forced to treat vendors with disrespect and lie/cover up things wrong with homes. There is a constant tension in the air and the CEO micromanages everything. If you have any kind of ethics this is NOT the place for you.
Pros
Terrible Company to work for!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 1, 2018
Run!! Don't waste your time interviewing with this company! It is not a good company to work for. They are not ethical and they do not treat their employees fairly. The work environment is very hostile and the CEO uses fear and intimidation on his customers.
Fun place to work!
Senior Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 29, 2018
I have been employed at House Buyers of America for five years now. It’s a fun place to work, lots of benefits, and the people are great! In fact, all of the employees here are a “cut above the rest.” I epecially like the fact that I learn something new every day. It’s always busy - never boring. I couldn’t ask for better position.
Love this place, best job I ever had!
VP (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 26, 2018
Worked at this company for over 10 years, fantastic work environment. Work hard/play hard, entrepreneurial culture. Rewards based on performance. Very innovative and fast growing company. Well thought out policies and procedures, everyone has a clear role and good communication about what is expected. Great people, everyone works well together, good team environment. We've been growing a lot, so some weeks can get very busy, but it ebbs and flows. Overall good work life balance.
Pros
Casual dress, flexible schedule, happy hours, free snacks and drinks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House Buyers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

House Buyers of America Reviews by Location