Housing Works Culture reviews

Very productive
Landscaper/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2018
It was fun learning about an environment and how things are tooken care of in a housing project learnable to life culture it builds character as a man some things you think you wouldn’t do as a child you get a job at doing and see there’s no problem or pressure to work around places you would hang at and now to be taking care of these places
Positive Environment
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Housing Works is an amazing place to work with exceptional staff and benefits. The environment is encouraging and there is a strong community influence.
Decent pace to work
Asset/ Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2018
Overall culture is good, but it is something that you have to get use to as it is not very common. There needs to be more accountability for all staff levels.
Interesting and informative.
HIV Testing Recruiter Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYMarch 16, 2018
It was very interesting and I'm still learning about housing works. The culture has made a big turn around and I am optimistic about its future. They have great doctors at the Pitkin av location.
a typical work view
Assistant Residential Safety & Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 13, 2017
a typical day work can be a little overwhelming but with teamwork work is completed. i have learned that Housing works is a healing community and save lives. Sometimes Senior management can be micromanage and demanding when its not really called for. I enjoy working with my team but as far as staff morale that is very low. the hardest part is coming to work feeling like the work you put in or did was not good enough or to feel like your job could be on the line. the most enjoyable part of the job is when our senior executive department come together and show appreciation to everyone with staff parties holiday bonuses etc.
Pros
nice luncheons, staff appreciation, bonuses
Cons
Salaried workers can not get paid overtime
I love Housing Works
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
It’s such a chill place to work. I love this place. Everyone are down to earth. Pay is great and there’s always promotions. You can start from a sale associate position and end up as a manager.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Customers want everything their way
Great Culture - Organizational Problems
Residential Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
There was a great family culture at HW. Management sometimes appeared disjointed and it was difficult to get answers. Benefits were very good! Overall, I would recommend it, but make someone aware of the organization they are walking into.
Very relaxed, fun work environment. Friendly atmosphere.
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 10, 2017
Housing Works was a very relaxed, safe and fun place to work. The staff works hard to end the twin crisis of homeless and HIV. The clients at Housing Works are very thankful to have a safe environment to receive appropriate services. The workers are diligent in the efforts to provide needed services.
Pros
Meeting excellent staff members.
Cons
Learned new skills that helped me grow in the medical field.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
It was a difficult environment because of the culture of the facility. At that time, they were understaffed and that was my first experience in a clinical environment. It was very difficult because I had to learn everything on my own.
awesome
staff (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2016
Awesome culture.
Great benefits,
Great people to work with.
More observation on certain directors can be done so that their supervision can help the staff below them grow.
Fast pace work environment
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2016
There are any opportunities for professional advancement at Housing Works. Moreover, the job culture espouses diversity and high performance. Also, there is a tremendous amount of workflow and output given to employees to complete with quick and abrupt deadlines. However, the organization does cultivate creativity and staff input on how to increase and maintain productivity.
All in !!!
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY / New York, NYJanuary 10, 2016
Team work, makes your job more easier and flexible, without that you will always have a hard time at work, but the most enjoyable part of the job is that I am always crossing division in communicating with other's department within the organization and helping others co-workers to have thing done.
A diverse and interesting place to work
Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 20, 2015
Working at this company, I have learned to deal with different populations of people, high and low functioning. I have also learned the importance of advocacy and great customer service.
Housing Works is a very friendly environment.
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2015
Housing Works is a multi-culture work setting environment, where every employees enjoy every aspect of their roles and responsibilities.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
Time.
They viewed their employees as friends instead of workers
Telecommunication Technician Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2015
It was a fun and learning place to be because of the varity of people and their background. They did not discreminate and view every-one as they should.
Great job culture. Great co workers
The Works Catering (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
While a huge amount of work every day, day in and day out, I thoroughly enjoyed my co workers as well as the work in the bookstore. The Works catering was very well paid and very well managed. There is a strong work ethic and a camaraderie that forms when you respect your management and co workers.
Pros
The benefits were great.
It's a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 20, 2015
I have a good time at work with my co-workers and the customers, its a friendly atmosphere and the customers are always pleasant
Excellent place to work!
Graduate Clinical Practicum-Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 7, 2014
Spend a lot of time working with people from your community. Excellent attention to staff teamwork and cohesion.
Room for growth and lots of love
Re-Entry Supervising Case Manager Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2014
Housing Works is a great place to work. I have learned so much about team work and working towards a mission in general. I would recommend anyone serious about gaining an understanding of people from various walks of life while providing services in a welcoming environment to give Housing Works a try.
Pros
Diverse group of people
Cons
not enough staff to do the work targeted.
Excellent
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  130 Crosby Street, New YorkMay 29, 2014
Housing works is/was truly a unique place. It's primary focus was/is to ensure housing and medical attention for people living with Aid or HIV. The staff and members are so caring and dedicated to providing for the needs of their clientele, that they often place their own needs/lives on the back burner. A truly rewarding place to work and their continued success provides hope for countless people in the time of need.
Pros
Family Oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Housing Works. Our community is ready to answer.