Houston's Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 11, 2018
Houston's Inc. is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is professional, understanding, and friendly. The company as a whole does monthly birthday celebrations to make everyone feel included. They are very proud to help people advance within the company. Overall they are a wonderful company to work for and I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Pleasant people & Management
Cons
Low pay rate
Fast Paced challenging place to work
Service Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 28, 2018
The hours are long during season, but the pay makes it worth the stress. The clientele is very stressful to serve, but the BOH positions don't have to deal with them. Thank god.
Pros
family meals
Shipping and receiving .
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2018
Very slow paced with no enthusiasm from coworkers. No life balance with very little goals. Expedited shipping orders to local customers. Great temporary job.
Pros
Close facility.
Cons
Not a long term career.
Overbearing management for basic restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2018
Houston’s has been an absolute waste of time. They want serving machines not servers. Why hire servers with impeccable resumes and experience and not allow them to serve in a manner that is efficient but their own method if all the required steps are still being taken. Houston’s wants everyone to be the EXACT same there is no individuality or thoughts of your own. If you can follow the leader or if you’re a great YES-MAN this is the job for you. The GM has no brain at West Paces location its a joke of an Establishment compared to real fine dining experience.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No breaks, basic pay for owork conditions
Good
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 20, 2018
I liked working here, other thn the long hours and having to do things that wasn’t in my job discription because first shift didn’t do it,, it was a cool place to work
cut throat but good money
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
Good money on some days but very cut throat. Depending on how much money you need to make there is not a very good work life balance, but you can make money quick when needed.
Positive
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
Great atmosphere
Great guests
I loved working with everyone there
If given the chance would love to go and work for this company again.
The food is also fabulous
Chic, classy restaurant
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
This is a clean, conservative, highly professional place to dine at. High end food selections catered to the upper middle class and up. The prices are a bit steep, but reasonable given the time and put into preparation.
never again
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2018
it was a terrible place to work. They had rude managers that were very judgmental. made comments about your weight. were very rude towards women employees
Consistent money for a restaurant
Head Server, Bartender, Host, and Food Expediter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Great health care, but you have to work there full time for a year before becoming eligible. Consistent money for a restaurant. It is like any other restaurant as far as a popularity contest with floor charts and promotions.
Pros
Consistent Money
Cons
Poor Management
Sophisticated dinning
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2018
The manager made the job more complex and strenuous than necessary, More negative feedback then positive. The structure of service was thorough with communications but again the negative feedback hurt the relations between peers and manager.
Drama filled back stabers
Accounting assistant, sales (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 9, 2018
Was a good place to work until The CEO, CFO and other upper management people resigned.
They are not open to new ideas or anyone else’s opinion.
New management was an absolute joke.
Pros
Benefits, pay, time off
uptight
Hostess (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 28, 2018
a typical day was busy and required all employees to focus and work hard. the work environment was not ideal which may have impacted the employees' abilities
Pros
employee discount
Cons
uptight
Houston's Review
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2018
It was always really busy. I made a lot of money, but it was very stressful. You were always getting yelled at by someone. Co-workers and customers. Overall, I enjoyed the time I worked there.
Pros
Good money, made a lot of friends
Cons
Stressfull
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Very fast paced environment, excellent pay, set schedule, and flexible hours, team-work environment, free lunches, 30 minute break, friendly, hard work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
blisters if you are not wearing the right shoes
Productive and fun place to work.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
It was a enjoyable place to work. Busy but, fun. The staff is great and nice to be around. The food is always great and taste wonderful. I would recommend anyone to work there or, just go there and try the food and wonderful staff to be around. It's a great place to be.
Don't bother
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 16, 2017
this company is run like an expensive hobby by people with no experience running a business. They confuse commanding with leading. They confuse compliance and submission with cooperation. And they seems to lack the ability to do math.
Cons
ignorant incompetent management
Chaotic Work enviroment
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 15, 2017
The only pro of working at Houston's Inc. was that it was a job that I got paid at.
The management weren't trained properly. It's bad when I myself knew more information and had more skills than my leads and supervisors.
I did not get paid the right amount of pay for all the skills I had nor did they pay fairly.
There is nothing I can say, other than Houston's Inc. is a horrible place to work, I would NOT recommend them to anyone.
I currently have an equality case against them because they let me go when I was on requested medical leave.
The Sushi Steakhouse
Sushi chef (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 25, 2017
Houstons was my first real kitchen job while in school, it built me a very strong foundation and gave me superior knife skills. I Learned great knife skills and how to make sushi, the culture was deep and the lessons were great i would recommend this work place to anyone.
Pros
Free Lunch and Benefits
Cons
Once upon a time Houston's was a fantastic company.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 25, 2017
Very cut-throat. Lots of so called "misunderstandings". Went from being a very caring environment to its polar opposite. The best people still at Houston's are in the Warehouse.
Pros
Cons
Everyting