Houston's

Houston's Employee Reviews

United States67 reviews
You're a commodity, not an employee
This can be a very difficult place to work; it can also be a very profitable place to work. Be on time always, look your best as personal appearances need to be clean, not gaudy. For younger people, this job can teach an excellent work ethic. Don't expect management to take your side, that rarely happens. The corporation is all about the guest experience. This is a team environment and you must be willing to blindly do your part. It will all make sense after training as you will see it work in real time. This company is looking for a younger employee someone who will do what they are told, does not question instructions and does not have an opinion-- it's not a democracy, do it you're told. Expect a very challenging
work environment, but it is also a very very profitable experience.
Very pertinicious
Very discriminatory! Doesn’t like children to dine- in, very racist against minorities. Nasty and racist. I’m surprised this establishment is still in business after all the negative things they have done, along with the numerous allegations of discrimination. I would avoid this place at all cost! Food is- meh!
No breaks
They don’t offer any breaks for servers, they don’t have bussers so your tip out is less but your side work takes hours. They play favorites and the managers just blame the employees for the failing business which in all reality the archaic dining style is dying out with the clientele
Pros
Pay- but that’s if people tip
Cons
Everything- run far away
The lay offs have begun!!!!
BEWARE the end is near for the one time great company. The leadership of this company has destroyed it. The cash and carry account will be gone within a year. Check it out turn over and lay off are at a all time high
Dependably undependable
They fired me during the Corona virus for taking time off.. over worked and under payed. Had to threaten getting the better business involved before they'd give any owed benefits.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The Managers are racist and rude.
They seem as if they want to conduct a interview with you, but as the interview continues they barely give you a chance display/discuss your work experience. The interviewing manager barely looked me in the face while I was in a interview. My interview arrival was on-time, even though they made me wait. The staff seemed almost scared to talk to you while waiting for a interview. The worst restitutions to work at in the city of Atlanta. a
worst interview ever
Managers so unrespectful, they even doesnt look your face when they are talking,I am sorry for the people, who is working there, they have to face with this atattude all the time
Great
I love it. Learning experience was great.
From wine and beer, form hospitality to great Sense of urgency. Food and quality was a part of the distinction from other restaurants.
Great money if you don't mind being treated like cattle
Money was great, guests were mostly great. Revolving door of vastly inexperienced management... over 25 different mangers in 6 years (5 different General Managers). Getting time off was very difficult and over the years employee moral diminished greatly. Staff is treated like their disposable with constant employee turnover, zero positive employee reinforcement or team-building and disrespectful treatment from managers.
houstons
very nice place to work. well known, works like a machine which can be very comforting- great management and staff and the food is also great!!!!!!!!!
High Intense work environment
The only good thing about working here is the money. You will make at least $700 a week...MINIMUM. and you get paid every week. if making a lot of money money is ALL that matters to you in your life then this is a great place for you. however if you dont do well with disrespect, constant yelling, running around like a frantic chicken, being belittled by the vp, managers, and even appointed shift leaders then this isnt for you. you also will have to FIGHT for free time and having a life outside of houstons. i mean you will literally have to fight to have an off day and even keep your standard off days (because everyones always asking you to pick up). that is because since the employee staffing has such high turnover (because its too much to deal with), they ALWAYS have "house" shifts that need to be covered. (meaning they never have a fully staffed server chart to take every table in the restaurant). so when you request an off day you are responsible for covering not ONLY just YOUR shift. but, every shift they already need covered before. UNACCEPTABLE. not to mention they literally yell at you every day all day. thats the only way they communicate is through yelling demands and never regular talk; that is the culture. and management encourages your coworkers to talk to you like that as well its just how they do things. and all of this outside of the entitled clientele that this restaurant brings so you already know what that means. its just not a healthy work environment. and will consume your life. if you dont demand your already standard off time.
so yes, you will be PAID..but
 - more...
Unfortunately my experience with this company was horrible
I was hired with no experience which is what it says in there application (no experience needed) but was fired after literally 3 days because I didn’t learn fast enough granted this was my first serving job ever. They knew I was in school and had another job before they hired me. So I had other obligations, they did not care. They want you to be a god sent server in a matter of days. I was set up to fail.
Pros
Coworkers were nice, great food, tips were nice
Cons
Poor management, impatient, job never safe
Great people, challenging work, collaborative
So busy the time flies by. Work is shared with lots of cross training. Small enough company where the President knows your name and supports you. Fun, friendly people who are committed to company values and hard working.
Pros
They recognize employees, family atmosphere
Cons
Don't be tardy
Flexible schedule with a wonderful management team
The flexibility I had working for Houston's Inc. made it possible for me to juggle multiple jobs. Even though the position was remote, there was great communication between myself and management. The tasks that I was responsible for were made clear with good instruction.
I worked independently and developed good relationships with the store I was assigned to. I was trusted to do my job and receive plenty of help when
I stocked and re-stocked product, took inventory, completed orders, received shipments and used an electronic device (iPod).

I learned how to complete orders on the iPod, and estimated sales.
black people beware
they practice discrimination. so if you're black don't even waste your time. interviewing. All of the managers and staff are ignorant.Just beware if you want a healthy environment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Eeo
Good money
Probably the best paying job I ever had and will have. I would easily make over 1000 a week. That being said I worked a lot and was not mentally or physically happy there. Managers and some coworkers can be cruel and do everything in their power to beat you down. It’s a very intense restaurant and training period. When corporate comes through they ruin everything an start 86ing items. They will fire you for one guest complaint, or even a wrinkly shirt. But man was the $$ worth it. I worked there for 2 years until I couldn’t take being abused anymore.
Pros
Half off all food, amazing money, paid weekly, well run, fast paced, fancy
Cons
Negative environment, almost impossible to get a day off
Pays well..
I think management means well, but the location I worked at was extremely understaffed. Put a lot of pressure on the other employees to cover shifts and stressed everyone out, they're so picky with who is hired, though. they should ease up, especially considering at least one person walks out on their shift every week because it's so crazy. Workplace culture appears to be "team oriented", but in reality, everyone is just over-critical and snappy. No breaks, no days off if they can help it, but there are some great people there. People get fired pretty frequently, over little stuff. Pay is amazing and only worth it if you don't get worked up about your "team" being rude, placing blame, throwing you under the bus, shaming you for not picking up shifts...etc.
Pros
great money, payed weekly, some very personable managers and coworkers
Cons
no breaks, huge amount of knowledge and responsibility required, stressful
Wonderful Place to Work
Houston's Inc. is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is professional, understanding, and friendly. The company as a whole does monthly birthday celebrations to make everyone feel included. They are very proud to help people advance within the company. Overall they are a wonderful company to work for and I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Pleasant people & Management
Cons
Low pay rate
Fast Paced challenging place to work
The hours are long during season, but the pay makes it worth the stress. The clientele is very stressful to serve, but the BOH positions don't have to deal with them. Thank god.
Pros
family meals
Shipping and receiving .
Very slow paced with no enthusiasm from coworkers. No life balance with very little goals. Expedited shipping orders to local customers. Great temporary job.
Pros
Close facility.
Cons
Not a long term career.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston's. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9