Houston Astros Employee Reviews

It is great work for the astros
USHER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2018
No problems, get to watch the game for free and help people answer there questions know there way around the ball park. Managers are nice and laid back.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Who doesn't love the idea of working for the HOUSTON ASTROS!

Great culture. From getting into the elevator and everyone welcoming you, to VP's picking up a piece of trash while walking out of the break room, to everyone in the meeting being encouraged to engage and speak their mind regardless of title, it is the best overall work environment!
Pros
Houston Astros, Weight Room, Good Benifits, Discount to Team Store, Tickets to games
This company could improve its relationship with the workers by providing breaks, better food, medical benefits, 401K, and increase in pay.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
This is a very fast-paced work environment, with no breaks; customer oriented. With benefits for the workers, i.e., medical, 401k, an increase in pay, and breaks this could be a great place to work; most people are looking for another job to help pay the rent.

The history of the Houston Astros is great!
Pros
free lunch, but the food taste bad.
Cons
no benefits, no breaks, 30 minutes for lunch.
minor league life
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
It was a very good work environment. spring training was fun and outside of the subpar living conditions in the minor leagues it was very entertaining.
Very fun
Retail Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2018
Very fun.Constant growth, change, and upward momentum. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better systems/services.
Good place to work if you're a busy body
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
I worked here during the World Series in 2017, we got to watch the game for free! It was quick-paced and tiring, but it was a fun experience. Overall it was a friendly environment and I never had a bad day there.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Games, Discounts
Productive & fun place to work
Ticket Scanner, Usher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002July 9, 2018
typical day at work is very fun and exciting
I have learned a lot about customer service working here
management is very cool
workplace culture is family oriented
Very flexible and easy part time job
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2018
The schedule is extremely flexible as a guest services representative, you essentially get to choose which days out of the month you want to work and that's about it. The pay is also relatively pretty good for the work you're doing since you mostly just direct people to certain areas or show them where their seats are, and at times, you do have to fill out quick incident reports if a fan gets hurt by a foul ball. Management is very kind and understanding about personal situations.
Great bosses
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Worked here for nearly 6 years. Great opportunity to learn about the finer points of running a business. Highly recommended if you are willing to work your hardest and be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Pros
Being around baseball/Astros; learning about a large corporation
Great place
Minute Maid Park (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2018
Go work for the Astros! If you love baseball then you will getting paid to watch it! The staff is great! Your bosses are nice! It is the ideal job! I was happy to be there!

Want to know more about Houston Astros?

Ask a question
Very competitive
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
I was blessed to get drafted in 2004 and play 5 seasons for them. Very cut throat with 100+ professionals trying to take your job. Stressful but fun playing in front of 1,000's everyday
Pros
Cons
Days off your on a bus
Scoreboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
get paid to watch baseball. Hard to complain. Work all home games and events held at Minute Maid Park, very relaxed atmosphere and not recommended if you are not a fan of sports.
Retail/Warehouse
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Not a lot of work hours since it is a baseball stadium but an excellent part-time income source. If you have a family this is not a job for you. This is a job for college students
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
You can't leave the stadium
exciting
Box Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed talking with people. the job provided me an opportunity to put that basic urge to use for a purpose. I'm a very social person while working with great people gaining knowledge.
Opportunity and personal growth
Sports Business Immersion Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
A typical day in the intern program I had the opportunity to be involved in with the Astros would change by the week. The program allowed my fellow interns and I to spend valuable time with each department in the Astros organization. This aspect of the program helped me shape my desired career path and was a incredible learning opportunity for me in my first role in a corporate environment. The culture is a true team building environment and everyone is motivated in their respective roles. The hardest part of the job was getting adjusted with each department rotation the interns faced every week. I learned the objectives of each department of the business and developed a passion in my chosen career path.
Pros
The variability of job roles and challenges
Cons
Unfortunately the program only lasted 8 weeks and only one week was spent with each department
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
If you love baseball, you will love working for the Astros.Teamwork is a huge part of working there. Management is amazing all the way from the top to the bottom. Depending on position there may be a lot of standing, but overall fun place to work.
Pros
free lunch, see games
Go Astros
Retail Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2017
Enjoy my part time position with the Astros. It's been a great way to make some money while I have been attending graduate school in the area. Added perk, they won the World Series while I was there, so you can't beat that!
Fun place to work under a firm management
Retail associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
The management is concise and fantastic and the environment is beautiful if you're a fan of baseball or the Houston Astros team in general. The pay is okay for the job title and they're very flexible as well.
Pros
Discounts, flexibility on hours
Cons
Not full-time, only part-time seasonal
Everything about the Astros was fun, except my manager.
Season Ticket Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work! The entire organization is friendly. Potential to move up. Best group of salespeople I ever worked with. You have to work some holidays and weekends though.
Awesome work environmnet
50 Raffle Seller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
Everyday coming into work I felt really good about going, my co workers were great and my boss was easy to tell my concerns to. I got to watch the games and interact with fans, the only part that was tiresome was when the games would drag on and you had to stay walking around until the 6th inning.
Pros
Watch the game, met the players, lots of insinitives
Cons
Stairs all the time