Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital Employee Reviews

nice place to work everyone was so nice
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
good cool environment. enjoyed my CoWorkers. There was always something different going on with the Patients. Very quiet , relaxed and layed back job. Never got to see the Hospital Expand due to different situations that was beyond control. jfhgjfhjkgfh jkjfkjfj kjkdjkfjdkf kdjdfkjdkf
Pros
free drinks, Kitchen on site & close to the Beltway
Cons
never got to see the expansion of Hospital
Horrible scheduling and work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
Do not work here unless you are trying to get your foot in the door with psychiatric specialty. Coworkers/patients have said that West Oaks and Sun Behavioral Health are worse, but Houston Behavioral Health is not much better in that case. You are only given 3 days for training, IF even that. You are thrown to the wolves due to frequent under staffing. Employees have been assaulted by patients before. There is not enough staff to ensure a safe environment. Management will just blame you for "not being careful". Written up easily. Some coworkers are okay, others will leave for numerous breaks and keep disappearing throughout the shift, taking over 30 minute breaks. Night shift ALWAYS gets there late. I find that disrespectful, taking up time that you could be giving report and leaving already, etc. Just don't work here unless you are just trying to get your foot in the door and then leave for another place.
Cons
lack of training, frequently understaffed, rude coworkers
The People are Awesome, But Upper Management are not the Best and Lack Experience is Current Field (My Opinion)
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2018
Worked here going on four years and the atmosphere is by far the most toxic environment I have ever worked in. I was never trained but only taught by a fellow co-worker was we went along, but results are demanded with out proper protocols as if we taught the all the systems bells and whistles.
Pros
Staff personalities are by far awesome.
Cons
Everything Else.
Productive Work Enviorment
Adolescent Therapist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Working as a therapist here is a great position to be in. You have the opportunity to cross train on other units and there is a lot of room for job advancement. However, it is difficult to maintain hours if you are in a PRN position because your hours can change at the drop of a hat depending on the census.
patient and Staff safety is not important
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77080November 6, 2017
In the beginning the hospital was great under the leadership of Lucenda DeBruce CEO but after she left the new CEO hired his family members and totally forgot about patient care or the safety of the Staff.
Pros
good nursing leadership
Cons
CEO and CFO only care about numbers and if the patient is insured
Poor management
Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2017
The most unprofessional work place ever.
“DO NOT WORK HERE” you get treated like 💩 and under valued. They will theathen your job if necessary.
The worse
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Supervisors are vindictive and extremely prejudiced and biased
Adult and Adolescent Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Management are in cohorts - mafia-like syndrome. If you don't belong to the group, hardly would you get a fair hearing on any administrative or clinical issues.
non supportive
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
lack of support from upper management. culture of avoidance and lack of managerial accountability. no investment in improving work conditions and heavy patient loads
Psychiatric Nurse
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Bullying from management, which trickled down to some nurses who felt invincible because of being in a clique with management. HR is never available, staffing is poor due to lack of communication with the scheduler who sometimes forget that she is actually a scheduler and have nothing to do with policy and procedure. CNO is nice however follows the lead of a nurse manager who seems to want to be a bully to anyone who is not in the clique. Anyone who isn't within the clique will be reprimanded, if not fired, without cause or a thorough investigation. Lots of biases at this facility....
A nice place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
I enjoy working with patients, listening to their stories individually and in a group setting. Taking patients vitals allows me to have a personal relationship with them. My management team are always available and helpful when I need them.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Being flexed
OK place to work
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
Paper charting. Lots of codes. Hope you're up to date on your CPI. Co-workers friendly. Management not so friendly unless you learn to suck up to the right people.
Pros
Free fountain drinks for staff.
Cons
Clique-ish
Great place to start!
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
I really love my job at HBHH. Its a newer behavioral health facility and one of the few in the Houston area. My experience daily is filled with learning and educational opportunities. I am the type of nurse who wants others to succeed but you also have to want that for yourself.
Pros
Great employees!
Cons
Food
Lack of management makes this place dangerous
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2017
We've been through 3 CEOS in six months.
Stay far away. executive leadership is non existent and this place is a crumbling mess at best and would be a better place to work if people actually cared about their job.
Staffing problems
Intake & Assessment Nurse (Current Employee) –  Housoton, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Flexing full time staff out and replacing them with PRN nurses does not portend well for the hospital.
Environment is excellent
Nice people to work with.
Outpatient Clinic Manager/Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
I love my job, the people are wonderful and I don't ever want to work anywhere else! The enviroment is supportive and friendly.
the best place to work in houston
Infection preventionist/ Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2015
I love working for HBHH. We took our time to open the hospital in that down time we put ourselves in the patients shoes and, we learned how to change the way we treated patients. It was a eye-opening experience. After taking turns being the patient we met after the experience and shared how we felt words came out of career behavioral health employees "humiliated, degraded, disrespected confused, and not informed. the post conferences we had became very passionate and emotional we learned and we Re-engineered our processes from the intake process to the discharge process and our hard work shows.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9