Houston Community College Employee Reviews

Excellent environment and friendly people
Bilingual receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job, gentle people. I knew a lot different people. Workplace culture the hardest part of the job. Management Administration very processional and educated people
Love this job
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  8001 Fulton StDecember 11, 2018
This job got alot of customer service experience and help me communicate with people better. Love this job the hours just suck. Couldn't go over 19.5 hours a week.
Educational
Secretary to the Dean of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
While working here i was able to take college courses during working hours. Good benefits for your children to take classes at a discount price. Great environment.
bad in selecting professors.
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
the best college for students , but for selecting professors the worst college in nation. They have so bad selecting system ever.
the grading system is the worst as well, because there is no pluses and minuses in the system, so we will lose in GPA. Very nice technology and classroom equipment.
Worl
ABE/GED/LEAD- Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2018
I feel if I was full-time I would be able to meet the needs of the community. Students deserve the best.The classes that are offed at various times, .
Pros
Flexibllity
Cons
Low Salary
A great place to work and grow!
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2018
A great place to work and grow. Very flexible hour, staff very helpful. Supervisors mentor you and direct you down a path of success. Great place to work for students.
Great work place
Professor, Computer Science Department (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2018
Enjoy the flexibility and freedom with my schedule and work environment. New and emerging technologies are taught here. The ability to grow your skills and enhance your knowledge through professional development is promoted. Great place to work.
Disappointing
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
When starting at HCC I was promised advancement opportunities. I have now been here for two years and have not been able to leave due to college with no advancement opportunities and a very mild raise. My current direct report seems to be rude and slightly racist while also playing favorites.
Pros
Ample time off for holidays
Cons
Sometimes really fast paced and sometimes really slow
Excellent place to work for all career levels.
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
I would recommend HCC as a place to work for virtually anyone. There are positions for all types and the flexibility of management is superb. There are many options for career advancement for those looking to stick around as well.
Pros
Extremely flexible hours.
Cons
Commute is far.
It is a competitive environment.
Adjunct Professor/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
As a part-time professor, I find that HCC offers many training opportunities to improve instruction skills for those new to the field of education. I have received all the support I needed to be successful.
HCC Summary
Mail Room Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
Its a amazing place to work at, and for. Good mangers, great employees, I thank them for the chance to work at Houston Community College. The people there real care about you; it's like a family.
Laid back atmosphere
English Professor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2018
I worked as an adjunct professor and part-time tutor for HCC. I enjoyed working at HCC. My only issue with the company was the lack of opportunity for advancement. They seem to have a hidden code or rely on favoritism when it comes to securing a full-time position with them, which I found to be frustrating and disheartening.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, good coworkers
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement, no health benefits
Fun
Mathematics and Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
Collaborated and organized study blasts and tutorial session. It was fun. I met new faces everyday. It made me happy to see the person i helped improve.
Tutor Chemistry
Tutor Chemistry and Lab (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2018
I working for Tutor student on Chemistry in Houston Community college. I work with students about their problems about chemistry. I listen with them about their problems
extraordinary and loving people
SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTIONS LEADER (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Being a supplemental instructions leader allowed me to connect more with students. I got to experience the best of both worlds, teacher, and student. My Head Professor was so nice and understanding. The management made sure that I had everything I needed for my job. It was the best experience.
Its ol
Instructional Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Its been ok working here so far. Most people are very nice, wish there was more upward mobility. It's a school so they work off budget so pay changes and positions can be changed or eliminated.
Cons
Need more advancment
Great institute
Student (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 19, 2018
This institution provides high quality education service. A professional staff and great environment are the perfect combination to complete your preparation and education.
workplace with a few perks
Work Study Assistant, Info Line Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Enjoyed my work time there worked also with my school schedule. There was usually a change occurring that we all would adapt too but it was good helping.
Pros
helping people
Home
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
This is the best place i have ever worked, very professional, secured environment, no stress, fair pay, very organized management and staff, standard education at its peak
Brunch is always provided for all
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
This work community is a place I really enjoy working especially with the fact that I like meeting young talented students with bright new ideas, mostly straight from high school. It makes me feel younger and active! It is somewhat a service for a locality, meeting with young, agile, enthusiastic and determined students in the neighborhood who have vision and strive to be somebody great in future gives me a comfort feeling that these students are well led by great instructors and mentors.
Pros
Free Brunch, free giveaways/souvinirs
Cons
Healthcare, unpaid holidays/breaks