Houston Foods Inc Employee Reviews

A good place to work for teenagers
Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Vidor, TXNovember 27, 2017
This is Burger King so it is very fast paced and customer orientated business. You have to be people friendly to work at a place like this. They seem to have a hard time keeping management and do not train their management like they should. I fought to learn as much as I could, but pretty much learned anything new on my own.
good family
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Good family business. Owner interacts with staff on a daily basis. Lots of 1 on 1 contact with ownership. Daily accountability on sales and labor controls.
fun people to work with
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
A typical work day started by coming in and communicating with the manager who you were reliving. Find out what that shift and taken care of and were they stood on sos, sales and labor at that time of day.You checked criticals before they left and then took over the floor.
Pros
Free food
Cons
very rarely got a break.
An environment where you will a always be moving. Training of new employees is another role managers take.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 2, 2017
It is a place you will meet knew people all the time. Customers will aid in measuring your tolerance level as well. A smile is a must, kindness and patience.
Busy day at work
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
Always keep my station clean always keep smile in face the custumer is always right my co-workers where all nice and we got along pretty good never fought i quit because my mom gota sick had to be next to her.
Pros
Discount
Cons
30 minute break
productive and easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Working at Burger King was a good fun place to work at. It was a nice place to work at for being my first job and learning how to deal with customers. The only hardest part of this job was lunch hour time and when we were short handed.
Pros
discount on employee's meal
Cons
short handed
job was ok but did not like the crew i had to work with
COOK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I was ok with the job, just didn't like the fact that all the teenagers never did anything and I had to do all the work. Then when I got sick I was fired for no-call no show and I didn't even have a phone at the time
Productive and fun workplace
System and Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 5, 2015
This is a good job with decent salary. hardest part is traveling. Enjoyable part is fun environment, help full co-workers. This job increased my networking knowledge.
Pros
Skiled co workers
Cons
Traveling