Houston Healthcare Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 6, 2018
this is a good job to have. you learn a lot working in a hospital setting. the management was very good about being fair and keeping the place ran right.
A very challenging place to work But always had time to grow in a place where you really can excel at
CNA/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
Very very friendly atmosphere just love getting up going to work with a smile no negativity more like a family setting everyone was very close always willing to help one another very reliable coworkers we just love each other
Pros
Nice outings
Cons
No bonuses
educatonal
LPN (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 26, 2018
Well, this was something that I had not done before. The floor I worked on was great would help in any way, the patients were sick but wonderful for the most part. I had the ability to see nursing from another side.
a good company
Risk Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 25, 2018
Learned a great deal working at HH before I had to retire early due to a family medical emergency.
The management was fair.
Workplace culture was good.
Hardest part of the job was deadlines and meeting them.
Most enjoyable part was helping others and working with great people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
na
The lab is a toxic environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 20, 2018
The lab at Houston Healthcare is a joke. I have never seen a group like that before. No regard for patient specimens, no regard for turn around times, and absolutely NO TEAMWORK!!!!!
VERY toxic environment
Cons
equal opportunity place to work.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 14, 2018
The last FT job I worked at HMC was as a care manager responsible for discharge planning and insurance notifications and reviews for my assigned floor.
It is what you make it
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 12, 2018
It's a great place to get experience. The ER gives multiple opportunities to learn and apply new skills and they are sure to keep your skills fresh with skills fairs
It's a great hospital to work for.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 11, 2018
I love working at this Medical Center. Working here some days can be stressful but for the most part it's a great place to work. Some day it's a fast pace an days it's slow. I love working here.
A place to start to get some experience but not to finish
Technician I (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 11, 2018
Lack of continuing education opportunities for technicians
No room for advancement
Budget cuts constantly
No loyalty to employees that has put in time
Fast paced Emergency Dept.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Houston healthcare, the Emergency Department has 26 emergency rooms and a rapid medical screening and treatment area. The job is fast paced but remains a positive learning environment.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
Rare pay increases, no bonuses, difficult to achieve merit increases that are also rare.
Culture at Houston Healthcare!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 30, 2018
I thought that working at Houston Healthcare would have been a great experience, but it has turned out to be a joke.
The culture there is very political and it is not what you know (skills, etc.), but rather who you know. And if your friends know them or not. This is not a fair environment to work and the employees are so broken down and treated unfairly between the high price of medical care to everyone knowing everyone's business. Unbelievable!!!!!
seemed great
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 8, 2018
drawing blood on all floors, everyday learning something, management makes you feel disposable, people are petty in work environment, hard sticks on specified floors, loved my team!
Pros
independence
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 5, 2018
I enjoyed being here, Its nice to work somewhere where you are a person and not a number. I do not feel like the pay is competitive and the benefits have decreased in coverage and increased in price.
job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 22, 2018
it is a competitive workplace. sometimes it depends on who you know versus the job that you do. you have to stay of your toes to take care of the patients.
Pros
meet different people
Cons
sometimes cutthroat
Workplace Culture
Family Medicine Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 5, 2018
Environment was conducive to learning and growth as a physician. Proper training was given to provide healthcare to the community served. There was support from the staff and department for the residents and attendings.
Productive and fast paced
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 5, 2018
A typical day at Houston is 12 hours of fast paced teamwork. Most employees are very cooperative, helpful and polite. Working there has taught me the inner workings and flow of having a career at a hospital. Management is usually very attentive and on your side. The hardest part of my particular position, patient transporter, would be the sheer amount of requests or having to transport the bodies of the deceased. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients and family members as well as most of the employees.
Pros
Discount lunch, good benefits, plenty of paid time off
Cons
Short lunch breaks, can get overly busy, short staffed
A place that needs a HR dept thats open and FAIR to all the staff and not just to SOME employees.
Phlebotomy/Extender (Current Employee) –  GAMarch 27, 2018
It's a slow yet fast enough pace place to start your medical career. A place where u can get a great deal of one on one training with few interruptions.
Pros
The Healthy Houston Program.
Cons
Not enough help in one dept. Or another, such as 14 pts assigned to one PCT
Great When You Need A Quick Fix
Administrative Assistant-Respiratory Care (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 26, 2018
Working at Houston Medical Center was a good experience for me. The do offer employees chances to move up or transfer to other departments if they feel they would want to try a new position. It's face paced for sure, but the staff is pretty good.
Pros
Great Hospital
Cons
Poor Bedside Manner from Doctors
Fast pace stressful place to work
Floor Care Specialist UVC technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 20, 2018
Very fast pace and stressful place but peer atmosphere is relaxed little advancement made available great benefits and health insurance customer service is good
Good Place to work
Physician Incomplete Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 19, 2018
Houston was a good place to work. The pace of my job was slow. I'm looking for something with advancement and a faster pace of work. I'm looking for a job with more customer interaction.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Just slow working hours