Houston Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A place that needs a HR dept thats open and FAIR to all the staff and not just to SOME employees.
Phlebotomy/Extender (Current Employee) –  GAMarch 27, 2018
It's a slow yet fast enough pace place to start your medical career. A place where u can get a great deal of one on one training with few interruptions.
Pros
The Healthy Houston Program.
Cons
Not enough help in one dept. Or another, such as 14 pts assigned to one PCT
Great When You Need A Quick Fix
Administrative Assistant-Respiratory Care (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 26, 2018
Working at Houston Medical Center was a good experience for me. The do offer employees chances to move up or transfer to other departments if they feel they would want to try a new position. It's face paced for sure, but the staff is pretty good.
Pros
Great Hospital
Cons
Poor Bedside Manner from Doctors
Horrible Place to Work
System Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 18, 2018
This is by far my worst working experience ever. The management is sub par at best and extremely childish. If you do not sit in their faces and talk about nothing with them, you will not advance. If you do not discuss hunting and trucks with them, they will talk about you behind your back. No management in the IT Department needs to be a manager. The department is run like a boys club and I did not fit into the mold, therefor, they made my experience there miserable. Rumors were spread throughout the department about myself and others and the management found that to be okay. Management actually spread much of my business without my consent. I turned in my 2 weeks notice and was promptly told that I did not have to work my two weeks and was told to leave. I later found out that they were upset because I would not inform them of the location of my new job and that they were upset. The IT Department is lackluster at best. The management has no ethics, morals, and is in severe need of a class by Human Resources. They are disrespectful and have pushed out the best technicians. They will work you to the bone for little pay and no respect.
Pros
Cons
If you are considering this place for an IT Job, keep looking.
Very friendly employees, quick paced
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 7, 2018
I love it there , the hours and the understaffing is very stressful though ! Would recommend that hospital before any other ! Everyone is willing to help each other.
Excellent Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 19, 2018
My supervisors are absolutely amazing. The nurses I work with are kind, and always willing to help me or teach me something. I'm so thankful to work here.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Extremely Busy
Exciting staff to work with
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 5, 2018
Enjoyed working there ,would go back if opportunity presented itself. Enjoyed my time there .management could improve. Security could be stronger. TEAMWORK was awesome. We pulled together and made our day. Southern hospitality at it's best.
Pros
Work availability
Cons
Under staffed
Great place to work.
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Houston Medical Center is a very enjoyable place to work. There is plenty of opportunity for growth and education within your field, or in any field you take interest.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
All who you work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 26, 2018
Each department is different but reflects on the organization as a whole, management is the primary reason for the high turn over rate, yet they overlook it & just hire someone else, all in who you know
Managers who give your info out
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 22, 2018
4 Main has managers that all they do is discuss your business to other co-workers. The whole floor knows your business because of management. if they do not like you they make an example out of you. They are not professional. All they do is use profanity and break HIPPA.
benefits
Cons
favoritism
Horrible place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 21, 2018
The management is HORRIBLE to work for, very petty and childish. I would work at a fast food restaurant or be unemployed before working there again. Unnecessary exams just to get patient's money. Rude to patients. Rude to staff unless you kiss butt.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, only prn positions, horrible management
Sad place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 13, 2018
Management is full of horrible people. The manager of the department I was in does nothing but gets paid bucks. Coworker in the dept is just as bad. Lazy, no care for patient specimens. Total lack of integrity and ethics is thr standard in the department.
Horrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Treated like a machine. Get fired for the smallest things. Human resources don't care about you. No appreciation. Way too much work for one person. You can never get off on time. No team work. Arguing everyday because of stress. Everyday you work with the concern am i getting fired today.
Pros
Ok benefits.
Cons
Everything else
People
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 1, 2018
People need to be more friendly and Management needs to be more understanding with people and their personal life.I really enjoyed working at this facility and they have great benefits
very stressfull no talking to fellow enployees
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GADecember 19, 2017
Day started at 730am Begin calling insurance company management stood over you very stressful. Having so many accounts that you had to complete in a day not upstanding the hold time on phone calls. The work place was all serious didn't want you to talk to any co workers .
Unexcusable behavior with management
Assistant Nurse Manager/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 3, 2017
I worked in two different departments at this hospital. Both managers were very inconsiderate to employees that were not friends with them. I have been a manager of a L&D unit and had to separate my friendship from my role as a manager. It is hard but it can be done if you set boundaries and guidelines. I loved what I did at the Surgery Center at Houston, the hours were great for family life (M-F 0545-1430, no weekends or holidays and no call). The biggest problem was the management allowed bad behavior thru-out the facility. Several employees had complaints from patients, family, other staff members as well as physicians, yet those employees wouldn't be fired. We even had one employee punch another employee and nothing was done to that employee who assaulted the other employee!!
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Horrible management
Unprofessional work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 26, 2017
Some nursing staff are friendly, but you always have to watch your back because many nurses are two-faced and they will talk about you to management. There is a lot of favoritism in assignments and discrimination. An assistant nurse manager on the day shift is rude and disrespectful, and will talk down to certain staff. Also, your name is posted on a wall in the break room if you clock out after 8:00, regardless of the circumstance.
Pros
patients
Cons
team talk, rude management, punishment for leaving late
Stressful, fast paced. Many inexperienced nurses hired there. Medical assistance work short staffed often only 1 or 2 on a unit.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 18, 2017
Too stressful. Never had a permanent area seems like everyone was a "floater" moving from floor to floor within a 12 hr shift. Therefore no continuity of care for patients. Nurses often left medications on cart that were suppose to be given during their shift( nothing done about it)
Pros
Good mentor upon hire. Competitive pay scale.
Cons
Lots of inexperienced nurses
Poor Management
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA 31093October 17, 2017
Lab employees were not valued above other staff by management. Unnecessary work shifted to phlebotomy staff from Medical Techs, HUC,etc causing stress
Pros
health benefits
Cons
lack team work
Ok job to work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 15, 2017
The department I work in is decent. Some of the co-workers are hard to get along with. The management is terrible and they only care about themselves not the employees.
The Administration leaves a lot to be desired.
Executive Secretary - Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 12, 2017
Some of the people were very unprofessional. I suggested that needed training for the people to interact with people from all nationalities. I worked in Environmental Services and then was offered a job in Administration where I was laid off and and offered a servants package, which I refused.
Pros
Great food in the cafeteria.
Cons
They really need to get some ethical training for all staff and make it mandatory.