Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Found 1,268 reviews matching the search See all 1,269 reviews
Great Benefits / Bad Work Life Balance
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SERVICES / PATIENT ACCESS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Worked numerous hours during the week to put out fires and attend pointless meetings. Then worked on the weekends to get real job done. The paycheck was good but not worth it due to the lack of work life balance.
Houston Methodist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I miss working for Houston Methodist. I was very happy, I have been looking for job down in south Texas for a year now but, no luck. I hope I will find job her in Valley.
Typical work day
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I'm a Patient Access Coordinator at night in the ER and I love my team. Everyone that I work with get along with each other. I have learned to manage my team. The culture with Houston Methodist is positive and uplifting. We have what we call the ICare Values and this is how we show care towards our patients and each other. The hardest part about my job is working nights being away from my daughter. I love working with my team, we get things done in a timely manner.
Pros
Benefits, HR support, Open door policy
Cons
Short lunches, Medical insurance co-insurance
Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Need more concern for employees more employees incentives for the employees 3months reviews off day care for employees uniform free days more union based
Advance technology and innovative company
Surgery Department biller (Current Employee) –  Sugar land Methodist HospitalJanuary 4, 2019
A typical day for me is ensuring all patients and my peers treated with the upmost respect. I have learned that company is a cultural diverse and spiritual base hospital, excellent in healthcare leading medicine. The management teams pushes the employees to further their education, while growing with the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients and employees building personal relationships.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
N/a
good
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 4, 2019
My experience at Methodist is a very good one....I have learned so much by working here. Everyone is so ready to help you advance in your career. The team work is very good
Pros
only work three day 72 hour not 80 hours
Cons
the long hours
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working on the Mother-Baby Unit at Methodist. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job keeping all patients happy. Most enjoyable part of the job working with the new mothers.
Pros
Loved working with new mothers
Cons
Keeping patients happy
Excellent company
RNIII-CVRN, Charge/Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Houston Methodist lives up to its values and mission daily. As a magnet hospital, the nurses provide top notch care to all their patients. The company cares about its employees and patients like no other hospital I have worked for.
Excellent Employer
Patient Access Representative, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Friendly, Caring, easy employer that's not only compassionate about the patient but also the employees. I would recommend anyone in the healthcare field to work for Houston Methodist!
Productive and nice clean place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2018
clock in, get ourselves ready for the day lab coat, highlighters, pens, etc. management walking up and down hallway making sure we were doing what was expected.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
30 min lunches

Want to know more about Houston Methodist?

Ask a question
Awesome Place to Work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2018
The Houston Methodist Hospital holds its employees accountable for their performance, knowledge, customer satisfaction. We together as a Team, from administration to housekeeping make us Leading Medicine...
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Expect stressful situations
excellent place for healthcare administration related intenrships
Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2018
Had a wonderful experience working at methodist during an operations internship. While it is unpaid, Methodist employees will provide an excellent foundation for students looking to get into hospital admin.
Pros
free parking, employee discounts.
Cons
n/a
great place
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  BaytownDecember 16, 2018
I really loved working for Methodist i was there for 11 years. I only left because of a move. If I go back i will be looking for a job at Methodist. They are not perfect but in my option they care about the staff and really try to make it a great place to work. due to that it is a great place.
Pros
great people
Cons
very long hrs, most days no lunch
workplace
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2018
I loved my jobs, very busy place, I learn something new everyday. Management is not so great, if everybody was doing their job it would be much better,.
Pros
very advance equipments, clean facility
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 9, 2018
This is a good place to work. They have great culture and hold high standards for their employees. The staff is friendly and helpful. The doctors are great.
Productive, Empowering Employees
Registered Nurse, Emergency Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
Houston Methodist Hospital provides many resources for employee to not only grow within the unit but also advancing in further education for career goal.
It is a fast paced facility with room for advancement opportunities.
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
Houston Methodist Hospital offers great benefits to all of their employees and strive to make everyone feel like they are a part of team. They embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs. They treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
Fun learning experince
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 5, 2018
When staffing is full work is easy going, short staff is not so much team work is good for the most part, working RN's and physicians was a great learning experience fast pace. One hard part about the job not being recognized for the hard work Nursing Assistance do. Great part is the trust is receive from patients there families and my coworkers
Best hospital I've ever worked in
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2018
When I tell people I worked at Houston Methodist I am consistently met with the response, "Wow". I agree: Houston Methodist is simply the best hospital out there in my opinion.
Pros
Rehab staff and management tops
Cons
Tough to get productivity
Great place to work! Truly care for their employees
Staff RRT/CPFT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2018
I dont intend to leave unless something better comes along! I have had the opportunity to work with some amazing Doctors and Nurses during my employment
here.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight