Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Found 1,236 reviews matching the search See all 1,237 reviews
ok workplace
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
Houston Methodist provides wonderful benefits but it also needs improvement on management. Houston Methodist does not value their employees and the work they do on the daily...
benefits
Cons
management
I enjoyed working here
I use to be a PCA (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 11, 2018
It was really hard for me to get in I tried for months until I finally got the job. Overall I enjoyed working here and my co workers and managers were nice
Pros
Not many
Cons
Stressful at times, short breaks, you get fired easily and written up for minor things
Over stressed & Under paid
Administrative Assistant/Nurses Asst (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 4, 2018
Ask any person working within Med Surge of that floor... especially Nurses Assistants and you will hear how they are understaffed, over worked, underpaid, in high stress environments with poor management. When you complain to management nothing will be fixed. I looked forward to working their all of my life only to be terribly disappointed.
Official response from Houston Methodist
November 5, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Houston Methodist highly values our employees’ success and wellness and the comments indicated are not consistent with our I CARE values. If you have not already done so, we encourage you to please complete an exit interview survey when contacted.

Great Hospital system but poor new management in Pathology/Laboratory Medicine
Laboratory Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2018
Poor leadership that does not value employees for the Laboratory Pathology Department. The Hospital System however is a wonderful place to work for in other of its many departments and hospitals. I have worked in med center almost 20 yrs and I am tired of commuting so looking for employment closer to home.
Pros
Culture of the system
Cons
Poor Leadership
Official response from Houston Methodist
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your post. Houston Methodist is proud of our culture and I CARE values centered around our unparalleled patient care. Our HR team is available to support any issues and questions you require within your team and would encourage that you communicate with their team.

Biomedical tech
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2018
GE management there is slow and do not care about the staff. Houston Methodist staff is great to work with. The raises given to the biomedical tech where befow the cost of living increase.
Pros
Cons
GE Management
high stress but great benefits
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2018
It is a highly stressful workplace for us cooks, management could care less, and they watch you struggle. they play favorites, and the turnover rate is extremely high so we always are a bit understaffed, but management will not step in to help ease your workload. though a small percentage of customers do make the job worthwhile. plus the benefits as well.
benefits
Cons
bad management, high stress
the job is what you make it
EMPI Analyst-Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2018
I go to work, do my job and continue to look for promotions outside of the Methodist. It is an ok place to work, just be careful of the department you work in.
Great place to work, great environment
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 25, 2018
most enjoyable part of the job is that it is something different everyday, not the same challenges everyday. Not stuck behind a desk always interacting and assisting staff.
It is ok to work here
Post-doctoral research fellow (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
It is ok to work here, not comparable to where I have been worked. But I have to relocate for some reason. The management team is weak, can not coordinate things very well, that is pain.
I enjoyed my tenure with Methodist.
Senior Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
Houston Methodist Hospital is a great place to work. I believe they care about the employees. I worked daily with a great group of people that worked as a team. The department as a whole worked with integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
Methodist Experience
Patient Affairs Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2018
Houston Methodist treats their associates with Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence and they go to great lengths to develop the ICARE values into each and every associate.
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
Terrible traffic in the medical center
Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Methodist understands that in order for employees to take care of the patients. Methodist takes care of their employees and the leadership works to lead their employees.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Manangement
I love working at Houston Methodist
Data Analyst, Transplant Center (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
I love working at Houston Methodist. I have grown professionally while working at Houston Methodist. They have a love for the employees and their families.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Distance from home
productive place to work at
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030October 11, 2018
Long hours with a knowledgeable staff and physicians. Excellent equipment with a beautiful facility to work at. Good benefits with competitive salaries.
Pros
excellent facility to work at
Value Driven Company
Senior Patient Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
The company prides itself in providing quality customer care and services to all that visit any one of it locations be it the hospital or one of it's off site facilities withing the community.
Pros
excellent company to work
Cons
not at this time
great place to work.
Unit Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
great place to work! my unit is like a family. PTO is occurred by the hours you work OT usually available. I feel that Houston Methodist truly cares for their employed.
Pros
pto
Cons
having to ride the rail
ICARE values are NOT upheld for management and administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 9, 2018
Managers and Directors are not held to the same ICARE standards that staff must maintain when dealing with patients. Administration does not listen to employees in regards to managers behaviors. Managers are able to put communication records in employee files without notifying employee thus ultimately utilizing communication records to eventually give employee disciplinary counseling.

The physicians generally do want to do their best job to help people. The hospital administration and management are corrupt.
Enjoyable experence
Registered Nurse, Coronary ICU (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2018
Great place start off my career. The culture was driven by their mission statement. Managements were in turns with how employee feels and enormous growth opportunity.
Fast Paced and definitely interactive.
Interpreter employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
This is a fast paced place to work. Interpretation is facilitated for medical personnel, LEP Patients and/or LEP family members. I learned how to adapt to different levels of literacy and cultures. The managers are forward looking and uphold the motto; Leading Medicine, in the way plans are shaping up. The culture is one of teamwork at all levels.
The hardest part of this has been keeping up with the demand. Some days were non stop. In the midst of all this I enjoyed being able to help all parties communicate well and clearly about all aspects of each patient's health journey.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Still catching up on language access issues.
great company but too miuch politics in leadership
Project Manager - MPCG Call Center/Administration (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
great benefits, but too much politics in leadership. The opportunities to advance your career is political and hard to get promoted. Recruiting process so not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight