Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Found 1,106 reviews matching the search See all 1,107 reviews
Fun and collaborative
STUDENT PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The therapists, case managers, and physicians have great communication and everyone is very positive and overall fun to work with. As a hospital, they strive to do as much as they can for patients as well as, helping students learn to be their best professional self.
Awesome workplace!!!
Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Houston Methodist was an awesome workplace, and provided many opportunities to grow and experience things outside of your regular position. They understood that a well developed staff makes the work easier and helps support the organizational mission.
Understaffed and Not enough job openings
EKG Technician Student (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 19, 2018
During the time that I was doing my clinicals I have found out that Houston Methodist with being #1 in Texas for healthcare to have more job openings with the amount of new locations that they are opening.
Pros
Reputable
Cons
Understaffed
I enjoy working on the floor
Patient Care Assistant II- Orthopedics Unit (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoy working for the company. The company has a lot of great values that they offer you. They give out quarterly bonuses. They also give out hand washing bonuses.
Bad management
RN NICU Level 3 RN (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Lunch had to be taken in a small room that someone put a table with 2 chairs in like a walk in closet. We would have to prop the door open because there would only be 2-3 nurses staffed. Bathroom was off the unit and at times you couldn't go because they would only have 2 nurses working who were also suppose to go to all deliveries. You would hope there was a mother/baby nurse to help watch patient so you could go to restroom. More concerned with making money then staffing for patient safety.
Very stable company!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
You can't go wrong with Houston Methodist Hospital.They're one of the best place to work for. They give bonuses every quarter and many more incentives for their staff. Been with this hospital for 12 years,and they always value their staff.
Pros
Stable place to work
Cons
salary not compatible to other hospitals
Love the ICARE Values culture
Nurse Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
My 27 years of employment and experience at Houston Methodist Hospital was incredible and have molded me into who I am today. I took great pride in entering the doors of the organization and valued the relationships and people I encountered.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Traffic got worse in the Med center, communte became harder
I love working with Houston Methodist Hospital
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with Patients. I learned a lot working at the Hospital. I was happy with Management, they were all very Professional and helpful and very flexible. The hardest part of my job was the schedule. But after all I would do my Best to do a good job and to make Patients Registration easy.
Pros
Good Enviroment to work
Cons
Short Lunch
Houston Methodist is a great place to work.
Food service Team leader (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I was a team leader in the FNS Department. I managed my time here on a daily basis due to volume of patients and staff. I was overall satisfied with the work requirements.
Research Institute
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Too many days unplanned and over worked with hardly a chance to take a lunch break. No recognition for hard work. No opportunity for advancement. Staff is not treated fairly and equally.
Help c nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Very good medical facility but job was not in the field I wanted. I hated to leave as Methodist provides such quality care and the culture tis so welcoming. This is a good place for new graduates and experienced nurses.
Pros
Quality helath care
Quality Patient Care
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Houston Methodist focuses on quality patient care and provides excellent clinical quality.

There are areas that focus on development of staff and opportunities for development. These opportunities are not equally available to all departments or areas within a department.
Loved Huston Methodist Sugarland
Full time 10.05/hr (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXSeptember 5, 2018
This was an awesome place to work and grow as an individual. Their respect for religion is something more employers should adopt. I felt comfortable being myself and would have loved to stay.
Pros
good environment
great place to work experience
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Being a floor tech it was a great experience and i worked all area's of the hospital and i made a lot friends and co-workers that worked together team
Pros
had a lot parties
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for!
RN Orthopaedic certified (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2018
The Methodist really knows how to take care of its staff as well as its patients. Many employees stay for 20-30 years! Supplies are well stocked and staff are not overloaded with impossible pt. loads.
awesome place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
would love to work there again
full of surprise and patients
i learned about blood draws , wounds and many other things
hardest part of the job leaving knowing that I still had work to do
loved the people I worked with
Pros
awesome people
Cons
Was not happy working there
FSA (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 22, 2018
Was very over worked, short handed all the time, stressful, management was not helpful. THe main reasons I am not working there today. I have nothing more to say about my experience and duties working at Houston Methodist.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
did not like management
Great company
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
I enjoy working for Method. Looking for something that does not require weekend work. I have been working weekend shifts for 20+ years. With a husband with health issues, being available for him on the weekends is necessary.
Pros
All skills are utilized
Cons
Difficulty to balance work life versus non-work life.
Unit tech.
Unit tech. Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
As the day begins it starts with a very busy start simply because we have much responsibilities within the unit. We have to work as a team to get instrumentation and supplies ready for the next day. As a team we have so much time to finish our work.
Pros
Pay, people, and work load
Cons
Traffic, very busy
Great Hospital
Graduate Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
A very motivating environment where research has a big role. Houston Methodist Hospital cares a lot about its employees and we all get bonuses regularly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight