Play YouTube video button

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Found 1,082 reviews matching the search See all 1,083 reviews
overall a good experience in this hospital
PCA, Er Teh, UAA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
A lot of good hardworking people trying to keep up with the demands of the hospital. But the workplace culture is decent. No more comments about management.
Pros
Free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
frequent changes too many competitive management, power hungry actions hurting hard working workers, policy changes every two weeks, unrealistic expextations.
Urology Department
Senior Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
The management in this department does not really look to talk to the employees they just look at the patient volume. There is a select few that have more say in office than the management themselves.
Pros
Dr is willing to show you anything you don't understand
Cons
Lead team never has time to train employees co-workers can be more drama than high schoolers
Great Place to Work
Academic Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Great place to work. Very caring atmosphere, love their patients and their employees. Always motivated by the CEO and COO and what they do for all..
Pros
Good atmosphere, leadership, motivation
Cons
Salary low, hard to advance unless you know someone
Coworkers young and entitled
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 8, 2018
Management more concerned with Employee Satisfaction Scores than actually being a trusted, consistent and fair manager. Inconsistency and managers trying to please everyone without clear boundaries causes chaos.
Pros
Love the work I do there and enjoy helping patients
Cons
30 minutes for lunch isn’t enough time to decompress from the. barely enough time to get food, eat and use the restroom. Employee parking lot isn’t secure, several auto thefts and break ins
Best place to work ever!
Registered Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
I can not think of a better company to work for! If you are looking for a company that is dedicated to helping their employees succeed, Houston Methodist is the right place for you.
HMH is the best in Houston
RN II (Current Employee) –  ICUAugust 7, 2018
This company is all about its nurses and employees...above all they genuinely care about their patients, they aren't just money. Tuition reimbursement and actively encourages you to be the best you can be.
Not my favorite
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXAugust 6, 2018
Typically staffs 3 therapists. The workload is very light but the nursing staff undermines RT recommendations. Management does not stop in to see or speak with night shift. Performance reviews are completed even though no one from management sees the night staff.
Pros
tuition reimbursement t is easy
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work teamwork and we take patient care to whole new level. very organized and a great career and place to work for. recommend to everybody
Productive teame work
Remote Pro Fee Denial/Edit Coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030July 30, 2018
Very team oriented manger was very involved. For a contract position I felt it was a good opportunity and good hospital to work for. Very good management in the business offices.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Relaxing and Friendly work environment
Admitting Representative II - ER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
The staff overall are friendly, work ethic is great, the management in my opinion needed a little work in my department. I verified insurance, update demographics, do problem solving, fix some equipment in the office, help my staff member with any questions they had.
Great Healthcare Facility
Post Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
Excellent place to work. Poor HR communication. I would recommend this Hospital to other professionals and patients especially due to their excellence in many specialtyies.
my experience
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2018
my job keeps me going and alert. let me see the difference in peoples life. the people i work with are pretty much family oriented people. i enjoy working here but i think everyone has to move on with life and find something better if you can .
nice place to work at
A/R Representative II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
Houston Methodist has great ICARE values that everyone who works at Methodist follows. It is a very nice place to work. There work place culture is very good. Management try to help employees with there issues and everyone works really hard to achieve goals.
Good company
Supply Chain Tech II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Excellent company. Pay could be more, but that's the price you pay for job security.

They do a lot for their employees. Excellent benefits, a little more expensive than most companies.
Excellent patient mix, management could use some work
Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Very slow to adapt new ideas and technology, otherwise - some of the best surgeons and educators I've ever worked with. State of the art physical therapy with very qualified therapists.
Good Environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
clocking in early in the morning, setting up my station, serving the patient family members and staff of the hospital. Once the day is over, collect my things and go home and still have time to run errands. if needed.
Pros
Slight free range, manage yourself
Cons
None have came across
Poor management
Senior Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 15, 2018
I was a former employee and once a new manager was hired the whole clinic started to be a disaster! When I was first hired it was great! I enjoyed going to work everyday! We helped each other work and kept the clinic a calm but fun place to be at! It started with every employee being here at least 5 years or more so I was very happy with that: no big turn around on employees! Once a new manager stepped in, the clinic is now down to 2 employees that had been there for years! The other 11 employees either quit or got fired! This even mentions a superior physician even left the clinic! Sad place!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Poor manager! Can’t stress that enough!
Phlebotomy Coordinator
Phlebotomy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Methodist was a great place to work. It had overtime and great staffing. The Manger was attentative and would encourage with any situations. The Phlebotomy Coordinatiors was acting superviors. Monitored the staff and sat in on interviews, ordred supplies and trained new employeees
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Insurance was good.
Great Experience! Amazing place to work and gain knowledge about the medical field
Intern-Houston Methodist Community Benefits (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Being in the Community Benefits Department, a typical day at work varied from day to day. There was never a moment of boredom it was a very fast paced job. My co workers were so willing to work with me and teach me their trades. It was a very safe environment for learning meeting new people. Overall, I would love the opportunity to work for them again in the future!
Pros
Luncheons, networking, learning new crafts
Cons
Non-paid internship
Houston Methodist
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  6565 Fannin Houston TX,77030July 11, 2018
Methodist company overview is a great company to work for depending on your role within the company. We pride ourselves with ICARE Values Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence. Methodist provides several personal resources for employees to improve self and family to include health, education, investments, discount programs with attributing facilities. Unfortunately there aren't enough hours in the day to balance works, self,and life to utilize all resources. Research appears to be most important to Methodist growth and income. Like most facilities benefits fluctuate.
Pros
Being part of a team for leading medicine and medical procedures
Cons
If you look hard enough I'm sure you can find a few Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Houston Methodist.

Powered by Comparably