Play YouTube video button

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

Productive and growing work experiance
HMSTJ, Ob/Gyn (Current Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXMay 17, 2018
busy work days with 120-140 patients a day, very productive and growing work place, great learning environment, they give opportunity to move up and expand knowledge in different work areas.
nice place to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77094May 16, 2018
This facility gives you a chance to advance your career.they encouraged personal and career growth on your field.wages an benefits are good and competitive to other facilities.
Hierarchical hospital with little job growth
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2018
It is a hierarchial driven hospital and is very hard to move up. If you don’t have a residency then you will never b a clinical pharmacist here. There is a divide between the operational pharmacists and the true clinical pharmacists. Clinical pharmacists tend to take on the mentality of “it’s not my job” with anything they deem as an operation duty. Ego here is a problem for both physicians and clinical pharmacists. Nurses are extremely over burdened and tend to take out their frustrations on pharmacy. It’s a great place for learning though, but not to work. When there is a problem, it takes an extremely long time to be fixed because of the bureaucracy and how large the hospital is/how many people need to be informed. Scheduling is a nightmare and can feel abused with scheduling decisions at times. There is a lot of educational presentations and it is a good teaching hospital, just don’t go in July as a patient when there’s new residents.
Pros
Cafeteria discounts, teaching hospital
Cons
Rarely can take a lunch, culture is negative behind the scenes
Wonderful place to work.
Unit Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Center, TXMay 11, 2018
Wonderful place to work.
Good benefits.
Heath care, Dental, 401K, 403K and paid time off.
Good management.
Houston Methodist has a lot of locations around Texas..
Enjoyed working here
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
Great environment. Very supportive. Excellent leadership and management teams. Truly enjoyed the culture and working for this organization. One of the best employers in the area.
Some management needs work
RN II ICU NURSE (Former Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXMay 10, 2018
Be very careful of management because they do not have your back, they only care about the bottom line. Some managers need to use the ICARE values on their employees like they were taught to use.
Pros
coworkers
Great company
Accounting Representative III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
Great company, finding the correct department with good management can be challenging as with any job. Overall the company is great to work for. Benefits not the best.
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Harris County, TXMay 9, 2018
The best place I have had the privilege and honor to work for in my career. Very competitive pay. Shared governance so nursing has voice for improvement. Patient safety is always a priority. The best part of my job are the opportunities for growth and development.
APPLICATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
I learned a lot; however, the 24/7 workday expectations negatively impact work/life balance and health! The management culture covers for each other no matter what is happening. There is no reliable chain of command to follow when issues arise.
Pros
ability to learn
Cons
the culture is stifling
Wonderful Place to work
Medical Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
Methodist was a company that really valued its employees. In some form or another they showed us how much they valued their employees. My knowledge in my then role was enhanced while working there.
Pros
Bonuses
productive work with cleaning rooms and areas
Environmental Science Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodlands, TXMay 5, 2018
cleaning is a major part of the job as well as being timely while doing so. The management above the leads in the EVS department are people who are not sincere with there job and only look out for those who are on there pay grade. The hardest part is the lack of staff due to so many people quitting. The leads are always helpful in every kind of way. the enjoyable part is the experience of working in a hospital environment.
Pros
great experience
Cons
bad management in EVS, not the leads .
Excellent Job Culture
Revenue Cycle Manager III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2018
Methodist Hospital has excellent executive management. The culture is nurturing, with many opportunities for continuing education and advancement. The salary and benefits are excellent. The work life balance can be a struggle, but overall a great place to work.
Pros
Employee discount lunches and parking reimbursement assistance.
Cons
Mediocre departmental management.
Sr. Volunteer Coordinator- Promotion (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2018
A typical work day consist of meetings, assisting hospital volunteers and stake holders. Management is great and make sure that you are advancing in the area that you enjoy. The hardest part of the job is not having the budget to contribute to certain projects.
Working in the Emergency room
PATIENT ACCESS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
I work in the emergency room as a PAS Coordinator a typical day usually its very busy a lot of ambulances show up and there are 20 plus people waiting in the Lobby. I have learned so much from working at this hospital. I don't even know where to begin. they are big on making sure our patients are comfortable and everyone is happy. Hardest part of the job is when we loose patients in the ED. Most enjoyable is talking with the patients.
Productive was a must, fun stuff was sometime give to employee.
Sr Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
My day started off entering charges and verifying insurance, I was learning medical coding, management was fine. The hardest part about the job was end of the month we had to wait on all charges from the doctors, but all in all I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Sometime after meeting we had free lunch
Cons
Employee clinic was there if needed
My workplace
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
A typical day at work - Multi-tasking and fast pace
Learn how to prioritize and to do a great job
My Manager is awesome - the best I have had since working with Houston Methodist. Easy to talk to and help with work overflow.
ICARE Values are stressed here in the workplace. I use every opportunity I get to show my patients and co-workers ICARE.

I enjoy my job, but there is no room for growth.
Pros
discounts/bonuses
Cons
healthcare for this year is awful
wonderful place to work at.
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
As an employee in the Food and Nutrition department the environment is fast paced and very well organized. Management is very fair, always improving the quality of the food.
Currently working as RN.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 21, 2018
I started working as Registered Nurse at the Meridian Care in Galveston. It is a good transition for me from PCA to RN. Though I was an experienced nurse in the Philippines but I need to start again getting experience here in the US. I like the workpplace in Meridian because I have compassion with the elderly. And I understand their situation and needs to be attended to. It is a challenge for me in dealing the hardships of the residents. The hardest part of this job is the driving which take like an hour to our home. But still i like the job and i enjoy it.
Pros
I am able to start RN job without being a resident nurse.
Cons
clocking in and out during break and the time clock is quite a distance to the unit.
My work place
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 20, 2018
My day is full of suspense enough to keep me from getting bored.
I learned to be fully independent, troubleshooter, and think on my feet.
I tend to think that my manager can fully rely on me, especially being at a remote location, where I successfully operate, virtually on my one.
The workplace culture is loaded with policies, protocol, and an ethical approach to patient care.
The hardest part of my job is seeing patients in pain, by I am satisfied to be there for them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my peers and how we collaborate to achieve the best patient care.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Need more hours
a great place to work
Staff Nurse - Medical/Surgical/Neurology (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
i really enjoyed my time at Houston Methodist. working med/surg is tough sometimes, but coworkers make it much easier. and i had some of the best coworkers and the absolute best manager ever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houston Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight