Play YouTube video button

Houston Methodist Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Found 1,001 reviews matching the search See all 1,002 reviews
Best company to work for
Guest Relations/Service Quality Intern (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 28, 2018
The title says it all! I love working here and I feel like every employee here is like family! There are many employee activities! The CEO really care about all the employees who work here!
Productive growth in all departments
Phlebotomist II (PRN position-seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
A typical work day always included positivity, growth, always learned something new with fun and progress to lessen the stress level. It is a team work environment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
being employed in Houston Methodist I have learned a lot in my 2 years there, its always fun because every shift is different and you learn something new always, I meet a lot of people from time to time learn their culture and how to handle them in easy and hard way possible because every person is unique nothing is the same and I think that's the challenge I have on my work place how I handle those kind of situation
Pros
free dinner
Cons
low benefits
about houston methodist
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Houston Methodist is a great place to work.

how ever, we do have to attend a lot of meetings and classes
but i learn a lot in our classes and meetings and also take some notes at times or have emails sent to me about certain topics we learned in class. we also
Busy, growing and a nice place to work
PCAIII/US (Former Employee) –  Infusion CentrFebruary 24, 2018
As listed on my resume.
• Collect blood and urine specimens for lab evaluation.
• Assist registered nurse and MD with all aspects of patient care and comfort.
• Manage department supply chain. This includes floor stock and nutrition.
• Unit Secretary for Infusion center, includes entering charges for my department and Dialysis.
• Initiate IV access.
• Competent in MARS, Method, HIS, PHS, EPIC and Microsoft Office.
Enjoyed becoming like family to our chemo patients because we saw them every week.
Methodist Willowbrook
PBX / Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
My experience there was good. I was pulled in many directions but quickly learned to manage my duties and time well. I had a good attitude and liked helping people but the hours were long and tiring. It could get stressful at times so I made sure to take my breaks.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
Long days
Decent place to work.
Security Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Houston Methodist is a decent place to work. The best thing about working there is that some of the employees make it a pleasure to work with. The environment is pleasant as well as the décor of it,as it is aesthetically appealing.
Pros
Pto, 401K, Paid Holidays
Cons
Occasionally stressful environment, understaffing, department morale.
management support
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
There is little to no management support of the staff. High turnover rate of directors a in the Case Management and Social Work department. Limited continuity. Loved working with families and patients.
Typical day at work and management
Heart Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 19, 2018
As a Transplant Coordinator I manage about 110 patients and it grows as new transplant are done. I see patients in clinic on Mondays and Tuesdays and see them for follow up care and any post transplant complications. there is a Transplant Protocol for the institution and I make sure it is followed unless there are certain exceptions for the patients. I coordinate the care between the patient, social services, financial as well as patient assistance to be able to to provide the best care for the patient and there families. I also participate in research as well as Grand Rounds. Continuing education is very important to us in caring for our patients. We work as a team and we work well together and we earned the No. 1 Heart Transplant program fro CareChex for 2017.
Pros
We work well as a Team. Good company benefits
Cons
need to work on work life balance.
This is a great company to work with.
Facilities/ Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2018
The co-workers are friendly and the hospital is a great place to work at.Great bonuses and reasonable benefits. They have great 401ks and good health insurance. Good Vacation time. And excellent discounts for all employees.
Benefits
Cons
Hard to apply for an advancement for a new job
Great place to work, great caring fundamentals
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Huge hospital, therefore my experience is different compared to the others. My supervisor gave me the great liberty to organize my working schedule freely.
Overall good experience, long weekly meeting but I can't complain about anything else.
Forever changing: not always for the best
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Show up on your floor only to find out your being pulled to a floor you've never worked and someone else was pulled to replace you from another floor.
Learned that being FT didn't mean on the floor that I was hired for...
Management: has been a disappointment because job description is now is different then when I was hired. Changes being made without collaboration of employees.
Cons
No breaks, barely lunch, grey area on criteria
Good experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
I had a good experience at my internship and learned a lot. People here are generally friendly and helpful, which is something that is ingrained into their overall culture. However, their onboarding process is cumbersome and the employees who handle it are rude and unhelpful.
Workplace Culture
PCA II/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoyed learning my job well enough that management trusted me to create documents and train all new hires. I got to use my love for my job to help others learn and love their job too.
Pros
Quick paced, got to train new hires
Cons
Lack of sufficient raises even after great yearly evaluations
Challenging place to work with fun coworkers
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2018
There is a strong team environment with most coworkers looking to help you. Some cases will be challenging. The surgeon culture is becoming more modernized and appropriate for today's age. The new building will hopefully make things much easier. The department does need more surgical technologists to meet the demands. Magnet recognition. A good teaching hospital to learn in. I learned cardiac, thoracic, vascular, and transplant services.
Diverse work place
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  WILLOBROOKFebruary 8, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. Management is supportive, the working environment is diverse. The nursing team is collaborative, and the the education department is very supportive to nurses and help them achieve their goals.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
staffing
fast pace place to work
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoy working at houston methodist hospital, it is a fun and exciting place to work, leading medician and you are able to run right down to theer for services if you get sick or hurt on the job.Would retire there but I need to work closer to home..
Pros
plenty of OT
Cons
15 minute breaks are not guaranteed
My Review of Houston Methodist.
Business Analyst- Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Houston Methodist Hospital is a wonderful place to work. Very professional, friendly, and balanced culture. The people that work for Houston Methodist are welcoming and is valued.
Pros
good Benefits, Culture, and incentives
Cons
Not much career progression.
experience
ED Patient Access Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 6, 2018
After finishing school and finding a good job, i have learned a lot within Houston Methodist. It has been a good experience since i have been here. There has been lots of ups and down within the company. You get to meet so many people while you are here.
benefits
Cons
pay
Sr. Operations Manager III (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Great place o work and learn. Stable organization with competitive salaries and great continuing education courses. Sugar Land campus has a wonderful CEO