Houston Northwest Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great team work
MICU Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
Great Dr's to work with, great management team and great leadership. Tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities. Flexible schedule and self schedule
Good company
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
I worked there 5 years and it was an incredible learning experience. I had the best supervisor and a great team. I believe it was a good place to work.
I would not recommend
Nurse Intern (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 24, 2018
This hospital has cut back on so much since it was bought out. It's a shame. Even medical supplies are in high demand now.

With the new policies towards staff; I see many leaving.
great place to work
RN Staff Nurse Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Houston Northwest Medical Center--I started out as a new nurse and was able to learn different areas. The only reason I left working there was because we moved from Houston to Conroe, my children were in school and I wanted to be off on the weekends but have a full time job.
Unity a PLUS
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
I was fortunate to work under a supervisor that was Fair/ Flexible/ and Assisted with the whole team. It is about helping each other to accomplish the goal for focusing on the Patient follow up appointments. -
The supervisor was always available to answer any question or
handle the difficult situation or Patient.
Pros
Our department of Patient Navigators / Professionals
Cons
Asked to assist Patient with issues that where out of our Scope/ Practice
Productive day at the hospital and learning all the good nursing stuffs
nurse aid (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
Didn't work there long enough to know lot of people, typically, I came in helping the nurse to do vital sign, bring food trays to patients, help them to get bath or walk them to the bathrooms
Pros
Nice nurses
Cons
Too busy
awesome
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
great place to work, my favorite job. I only left because I had to relocate. I loved my boss and work environment. also great benefits and people. I would definitely go back!
On the job at Houston Northwest Medical Center
Staff nurse Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
Houston Northwest was a great place to work. A typical day there was busy but enjoyable. The staff were supportive and easy to work with. The managers were also supportive at all times. The hardest part of the job was not having free time to spend with patients.
Contract
Echo (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2018
High paying contract for new students. Poor management. Staff not well trained to cross train for pediatric echo. low staff. high volume. no contrast studies.
Pros
no parking fees
Cons
no contrast studies
Top down cleansing needed
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
Administration sees nursing staff as highly expendable, will find ways to run off experienced staff to save money by hiring new graduates and then not train them adequately. I could go on but suffice it to say, the culture is punitive without any way for employees to address concerns that does not lead to being targeted for disciplinary action or termination.
Before HCA buyout, nurse pay rates were highest in NW Harris county which is why many stay but moving forward it is hard to believe this will remain true.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Old facility, administration, staff treatment
great place to work.
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
Good job. Gathered charts from floors. Picked up charts from ED and scanned and linked to files on computer. Good environment to work. Good management.
great place to gain experience
ER Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
HNWMC is a great place to gain ER experience From minor care complaints to level 1 traumas were a typical days work. I learned to critically think while under pressure and continue to provide efficient and safe patient care. The staff I worked with worked well together and never let me sink when having multiple critically sick patients. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes there was no time to eat lunch or take a restroom break, but I believe that comes with working in the ER. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a great group of nurses and physicians to provide great patient care.
Pros
experience
Cons
short staffed
New Management
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2018
New management came to the ER and there was a mass exodus of long time employees. If you are good at what you do, they will definitely take advantage of you. Beware of the ER management.
Great Place to Work
Assistant CFO, Administration (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Houston Northwest has great employee and physician engagement. The Sr. Leadership team pushes everyone hard, but is more than fair and keeps the work environment fun.
Houston Northwest Medical Center
Junior Volunteer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77090February 19, 2018
It is an overall great place to get hospital work experience. It was very fun. Met new people everyday.I got to work in pediatrics,with medical equipment, reception, I delivered gifts etc. Great for Junior Volunteers.
Pros
Great exposure to professionals
Cons
only 1 time a week
great coworkers
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Co workers were hard working and supportive. All pulled together in times of need. Management and administration were fairly ineffective. Lack of processes and policies. Lack of visibility . Lack of best practices and staying current on research. Most had zero experience in specialty they were managing. Culture was punitive.
Great customer service experience with Medical involved
Patient Access Rep II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Check In Er patients. Register in Lobby or Room. Key In chart. Scan . and Repeat . The hardest part of this job is having to deal with rude in pain patients. The most enjoyable is having to see and learn medical terms.
Pros
Its Steady
Cons
not having pto
A nice hospital setting.
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2018
A nice hospital setting is Houston Texas, excellent hospital benefits and vacation. Good management practices and employment opportunities. A nice place to work and use your customer service skills.
Productive and fun
Patient Advocate Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Patient Advocate Liaison with 5+ years of uplifting patients/families spirits by offering viable solutions for their short or long-term healthcare services. The tenacity to handle tense and difficult interpersonal situati ons with full empathy and professionalism. Well-versed in developing and implementing patient relations initiatives by providing periodic accountability and varies reports. A passionate patient advocate, whom functions as a mediator for patients/medical staff; when conflicts arise by appropriately tackling any issues by taking immediate action to remedy with a resolution.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Health insurance
Houston Northwest
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed my years at Houston Northwest. The people @ Houston Northwest are very friendly, including the doctors. If Houston Northwest used Nurse Practitioners there I would go back.