Houston Northwest Medical Center Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Top down cleansing needed
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
Administration sees nursing staff as highly expendable, will find ways to run off experienced staff to save money by hiring new graduates and then not train them adequately. I could go on but suffice it to say, the culture is punitive without any way for employees to address concerns that does not lead to being targeted for disciplinary action or termination.
Before HCA buyout, nurse pay rates were highest in NW Harris county which is why many stay but moving forward it is hard to believe this will remain true.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Old facility, administration, staff treatment
great coworkers
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Co workers were hard working and supportive. All pulled together in times of need. Management and administration were fairly ineffective. Lack of processes and policies. Lack of visibility . Lack of best practices and staying current on research. Most had zero experience in specialty they were managing. Culture was punitive.
Houston Northwest
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed my years at Houston Northwest. The people @ Houston Northwest are very friendly, including the doctors. If Houston Northwest used Nurse Practitioners there I would go back.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
Manager is great! Enjoyed working here with amazing team. Overtime was never an issue. Continuing education is encouraged and compensation options are available.
Pros
great team
Cons
n/a
Cut throat environment
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Staff that had been there for 20 yrs had a clique. They were hostile towards newer staff, consistently. They would complain if short staffed, but in same breath, be hostile towards new nurses, which made newer staff want to leave. That behavior really didnt fix they're staffing issues.
My Houston Northwest Experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I love being an employee of Houston Northwest Medical Center. This hospital experience has allowed me to catapult into different aspects of nursing that I haven't ever envisioned before. I have an excellent manager, who does not mind stepping off of her throne as in her manager role and dealing with her employees on an individually civilian based manner. I would highly recommend this facility to others.
Pros
great nurse manager, excellent co-workers
Cons
unable to balance work life and home life due to shift hours
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
Decent place to work, being bought out so beware of accepting any position until all of the dust settles. Buyouts mean big changes that aren't always best for the employees.