Houstonia Magazine

• Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Productive workplace and a great environment

Typical day at work I go in, work on my assigned stories or anything they need me to do. Work along three other interns. Co-workers are awesome, everyone is willing to help but help by teaching you how to do the work.

Collaborative work environment

I learnt how to work in a fast-paced environment and closely with a supervisor. It's a very collaborative work environment with a chill workplace culture.

Confusion among managment

Mixed messages and disorganized, unrealistic expectation with little training Great event tickets and fun team members. Not a good life work balance.

Pros

Free event tickets

Excellent

Great people to work with, and you can get your writing in as long as you find the story. And if you believe in journalism, you'll be given the opportunity to fact-check stories. One of my favorite experiences in journalism.

Not so happy place

I worked there for a year in advertising. No career advancement, bad management and everyone seems miserable. They were in a cool house in the Heights and a hotspot area.

Pros

free stuff

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Fun workplace

Houstonia Magazine was very fun. I enjoyed the team, the location, and the culture about the magazine industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to share ideas and experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houstonia Magazine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Houstonia Magazine in Houston, TX