Howard Hanna Real Estate Services Employee Reviews

Real estate is super fun.
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 15, 2018
Great place to work. Travel rewards to top sellers is a great incentive. You get to help first time homebuyers realise their dream of owning a home. Touring various styles of homes.
Pros
Meeting lots of fun people
Cons
Expanding sphere can be slow going.
Good company very helpful
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 12, 2018
Good company but wait long to be compensated based on banking approval must wait for final approval to set up a closing day3s as long everything is prepared properly
Pros
Advertising
Cons
No benefits
Howard Hanna
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 21, 2018
This work was my favorite work of all as I worked very closely with a lot of people, both buyers and sellers and worked very hard to get homes sold for both. This is the top company in my opinion in my area.during my employment and I truly enjoyed the field of sales very much! Howard Hanna had and maintained a great reputation in the Michigan area.
Howard Hanna
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  TecumsehMarch 12, 2018
Howard Hanna is a fantastic company! As a real estate agent it's really up to you to manage yourself and make money. However, the company provides great training and incentive programs!
Pros
Make your own hours, working from home is an option, great training
Cons
comission based, can be competitive
Good Company
Receptionist and Listing Admin (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44136March 5, 2018
Good Company and benefits! Receptionist job is not just a receptionist job and I was not advised of that at the time I was hired to do job. I was also to handle phone line connections in the back room, literally connecting wires in back room and offices to give agents phone lines.
Pros
Good Company and Benefits
Cons
Not advised of everything before hire at first.
Real Estate Salesperson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 4, 2018
I love working as a real estate agent. The work is very rewarding, but as an independent contractor, you are not salaried and are paid strictly by commission. Income can be very erratic. You can have a big month and then be slow depending on the market.
Pros
Free to set your own schedule.
Cons
Erratic income.
fine
Real Estate Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15236March 1, 2018
I worked as a real estate sales associate at Howard Hanna Real Estate Services for a number of years in the Pittsburgh area and the suburbs of Pittsburgh.
I enjoyed my work including my co-workers while i worked there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poland, OH 44514February 16, 2018
Great job, my previous manager was one of the best managers to work for. We worked well together for 16 yrs, Unfortunately, when new manager was hired office moral & personal changed.
Fun place to be a realtor
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYFebruary 16, 2018
If you can handle sales, and not having a steady income Howard Hanna is great. If you are driven and a high producer you will be successful with the great amount of resources and support that other brokers do not offer.
Great real estate company with a lot assistance
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 9, 2018
If you are going into the real estate business, this is definitely the place to do it. Howard Hanna is the biggest real estate services firm in New York state.
Howard Hanna Work Environment
Part-Time Real Estate Professional (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIFebruary 4, 2018
Howard Hanna is a first rate realtor. A family owned business, the owners truly care about their employees and treat you like family. Probably why they have grown to the third largest realtor in the Country.
High Energy Environment
Personal Assistant to Top Producing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2018
I worked in a variety of positions while at Howard Hanna, some better than others. As an agent, it is the best place to work ... from benefits and support, workplace culture etc.
New Realtor
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2017
As a newer agent it is extremely difficult to grow your business or understand your responsibilities without continued classes after licensure. The only way to jump-start your career to is take fast paced courses or find a mentor to take you under their wing. The courses you originally need to take to obtain a license are irrelevant after you receive it. It is expensive and frustrating in the beginning but there is money to be made if you find a good mentor to coach you. In the end, be as resourceful as possible and you will succeed.
Growing company
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 13, 2017
Good company but I would like to have benefits and an average work week.
I was to have referrals from residential agents who are not to practice commercial real estate, but after several months, it is still not working the way the company wants it to be.

the people there are very good, and have a great working relationship, but I would like to have a benefit package.
Pros
Growing company with several new offices
Cons
no benefits
Very Cliguey
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 8, 2017
Very Cliquey at times as they have their "favorite employees", say they have an open door policy which at times is not correct. Company does not have an EAP.
Pros
Flexible with time depending on department working in and management.
Cons
Health Care Options are expensive
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 27, 2017
As the Administrative Assistant to several real estate agents; I find that my days vary all of the time. The agents are extremely busy from early spring straight through late fall; therefore, the work load is consistent with that.
Pros
Really great co-workers
Cons
Salary is below what job expectations are
The Merger has been a debockle and stressful. Too many emails that were not neccesary.
Real Estate Salesperson - Agent (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NY 14228September 9, 2017
Great on-line training but very disorganized merger and poor name recognition. Signs took too long to obtain and hey are too small to read. Company gave us only 1 name tag and gave me 500 business cards with the wrong information on it ! Too many irrelevant emails and no additional help in marketing and IT.
Pros
Working for the 3rd largest family owned real estate brokerage in the US.
Cons
Poor name recoginition, disorganized merger, signs too small, too slow...
Great leadership and sales culture
Agent (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work and the management was great. team environment learning culture...Services provided were spot on and management was always available for questions.
Real estate is amazing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work. The real estate agents treated me like family. There was 45 agents and brokers, towne bank located right on the premises.
Pros
schedule
benefits
Great Family Owned Company, Great People!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJune 14, 2017
I've been with Howard Hanna since 1998 and would not work for another Real Estate Company! Howard Hanna is classy, and their tools and market share speak for themselves. Howard Hanna does not need to speak badly about the competitors to get Realtors to work here, Howard Hanna's reputation speaks for it's self. They are a family owned business, which means they are owned by 1 family, the Hanna's. Their offices are not franchises, they are all under the leadership of the Hanna's, and each office has a non-competing manager, so you don't have to worry about the manager competing with you for the business. Plus there is at least 1 professional Administrator in each office working for the Realtors. Howard Hanna has no "Hidden Fees" either!

I highly recommend Howard Hanna!