Howard Hanna Real Estate Services Employee Reviews

You get out what you put in
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2019
Excellent family culture. It is a full commission job, so unfortunately not something for those who need steady income. I'm hopeful to return full time soon.
Fun and self motivated
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 4, 2019
Great place to work if you are a self started and do well working independently. The market and commission are not always guaranteed and it takes many years to establish yourself to make a living.
Competitive and stressful .... fast paced
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 2, 2019
Enjoyed working with many different clients and learned about building structures and the maze of buying and selling homes and land. I loved the work but had to slow down.
Pros
Awesome experiences met diverse public
Cons
Self employed no benefits or help with expences
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Moon, PAMarch 1, 2019
It is just hard being strictly commission. You need a supplemental income to start. The manager is awesome and has been extremely helpful in teaching the ins and outs of this business.
inviting atmosphere
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYFebruary 13, 2019
great company to work for. more support staff than most companies. Up to date technology for both office and marketing. Company has excellent brand recognition.
Overly stressful and chaotic.
Destination Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ohio HQ in Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 30, 2019
Was hired in by a manager, who then left with no explanation. Two other employees also left for other opportunities. Temp manager did not explain why first manager left and we were told manager and 2 employees would be replaced. Did not happen nor were we told it would not happen. Temp manager became new manager and we were then being managed remotely. This made it more difficult to resolve problems quickly. New manager changed procedures and chain of command became convoluted. New manager made unsupported accusations, could not provide specific info when asked.
I would have given 0 stars for management if possible.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Everything else
I am self employed
Associate Broker, Residential Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14624January 25, 2019
A REALTOR is a self employed individual! Therefore, it is not up to this (or any) company to give us work, or to provide salary or benefits! Right now, the hardest part of this job is that income is not steady due to the continued low inventory of the current market.
I am constantly calling the people I know, to find new business. Then there are so many customers competing for the same house on the market that unless you have the "perfect" buyer, you "sell" many properties to your buyer BEFORE one actually pans out. So I want to be clear, I am NOT disenchanted with my company. I am in need of a change to provide a decent, dependable wage, as I am recently widowed and now have the sole responsibility of my livelihood including keeping the roof over my head!

The most enjoyable part of my job is when the transaction comes together, and my client realizes the American Dream of Home Ownership! I have learned that I can problem solve no matter what is thrown my way, and I can find solutions to problems most of the time, as I am easy to work with, and knowledgeable.
Pros
flexible hours - I set my pace
Cons
Income is sporadic
Excellent Training Ground
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Howard Hanna is a wonderful environment. Management is awesome and the training is fantastic. I learned quite a bit about market conditions, neighborhood stats, and how to prospect.
Pros
Fun environment, great co-workers, team atmosphere.
I will return when I get my Real Estate License
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHDecember 11, 2018
I started as an assistant to test the waters in the Real Estate industry. I quickly realized I needed my real estate license to really make any money. I will definitely return when my kids are older and I have my license.
Love!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 26, 2018
I've loved my position at Howard Hanna! Everyday I do typical "administrative" tasks and, in addition to a receptionist position, I assist all of the agents in the office with their paperwork, photos, and whatever needs they may have.

Our office is relaxed and management has been great to work under.

Hardest part of the job is working with so many personalities, but I find that to be part of the fun! Most enjoyable part is definitely seeing my agents succeed and working alongside them for their success.
Could not ask for a more supportive environment
Real Estate Associate Broker (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYNovember 24, 2018
From the admins to the Branch Manager and including the other agents: a beautiful place to work. Very supportive! The office itself is really nice with intimate to sizable conference rooms. All desks and offices are lovely.
Bigger is not always better
Sales Support - Office Manager: Administration (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYOctober 18, 2018
Working with people selling and buying homes is very rewarding. The company acquired a smaller company I was working for and missed their culture. The upper management does not seam to care about “ the little people “ like admins. Never really fealt appreciated.
Good for realtors, but terrible for staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2018
Howard Hanna treats their agents like gold but could care less for the actual staff. I was in administration for 5 years and never received a positive word from management. And the raises are insulting. They expect way too much work for the positions but do not pay a livable wage. You would be better off applying for a cashier position at Aldi's making 30k a year.
Overall very satisfied with this company
Broker Associate (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYOctober 7, 2018
Howard Hanna has great core values and strives in providing
it's agents with the upmost latest technologies. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the real estate market.
Pros
very agent orininted to providing the tools to suceed
Good career if you can make it long enough
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I'm only writing this review because I can't seem to not have to write it - I've been in real estate for under 2 years. It's a difficult business to be in.
They value the non-employees (Realtors) over their actual employees...those are their money makers in their eyes...
Unvalued Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 21, 2018
I lost 5 years of my life as a loyal employee to this company who had absolutely no value of me as a person or a hard-working, loyal, employee. Don't waste your time, as I did.
Pros
Good work/life balance..that is it.
Cons
Too many to list...
It is a very good place to work
Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 16, 2018
I am self employed and I like where I work I would recommend anyone working here. I am not going to stop working at this location.
The company has been very good to me.
Pros
Great manager
fine place to work
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAAugust 1, 2018
You earned what you put into it. If you make calls, sit at open houses, and network, you can make a very good living. It does take up evenings and weekends. You need to be available when the clients are available.
Pros
flexible schedules
Summary not provided
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2018
Howard Hanna offers the lowest compensation advancement of the companies I interviewed with. I am there strictly for marketing purposes. I have obtained listings because of the company name.
Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 20, 2018
I had a perpetually absent manager, this company was difficult to work for. There was a lack of connection to any upper management, and when greeted with unfair hours and after being taken advantage of there was very little HR assistance.