HOWARD REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Very positive experience while working at Howard Regional.
Diabetes Program Coordinator/CDE (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 18, 2017
This employer was always encouraging growth, education and job satisfaction. My management and co-workers developed and maintained teamwork. I was given the opportunity to enhance my skill set by pursuing the Certified Diabetes Educator position.
Fast paced atmosphere
Ward Secretary Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 10, 2017
Fast paced atmosphere.Worked with very skillful and knowledgeable employees.Benefits were excellent.Excellent working conditions.Highly satisfied with the type of work required.
Supported through many advancements
Certified Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy my work environment very much. However, I am slightly interested in opportunities that would allow me to further my career and broaden my skill base.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Interested in broadening skills
Welcoming environment for both patients and employees
Patient Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJune 20, 2017
The office was always an open and inviting place to work, and we would strive to maintain that atmosphere for the patients. While working in this office, I learned many things, including teamwork and how important it is to be organized. The management was very patient and accommodating, as I was a full time student, pursuing a Bachelor's degree in biology. My co-workers were very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay on top of everything. Since it is a medical office, all tasks had to be completed efficiently and correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the community through patient care and becoming good friends with the entire staff.
Pros
They worked with my rigid school schedule.
Enjoyed Postion with the Hospital
ADMISSIONS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 13, 2017
Had to resign because of relocation with spouse. Enjoyed working in admissions and registering patients for their lab and xray testing. Fun atmosphere to work in and hours suited my lifestyle.
Banking-compliance and auditing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 31, 2016
I loved banking and would go back to it tomorrow even though I have been out of it for several years. I loved compliance and auditing. That would be a great fit. This review encompasses all the banks I have worked for over the last 20+ years.
great atmosphere and co-workers, great relationship with patients
Registered Nurse/ Rehab (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 3, 2014
I loved my job at Howard West Campus, patients stay typically 11-14 days-so you really got to know your patients. Great co-workers!
Pros
available overtime
Cons
large patient load
Loved working there
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 2, 2013
I loved working for Howard it was such a great place. I worked as a lab assistant/phlebotomist and my supervisor was an amazing person. I did lots of different things. It was always busy which thats what I like.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with and loved my hours, and made decent money.
Cons
n/a
A Fine Place to Train
Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 28, 2012
I was a Resident Chaplain, a student, serving on a medical surgical floor, in pediatrics, and in a long term care facility. I was also assigned with three others in our group to be an on-call chaplain for the entire hospital. I thoroughly loved Howard.
Pros
resident salary is commensurable with others
Cons
food in cafeteria marginal
Fun atmosphere with my co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 24, 2012
A typical 12 hour shift at work started as soon as my feet hit the unit. We were a cardiac/critical care unir, so we were all trained to be prepared for anything to happen at any time. I am the type of worker that even if my shift hasnt started or is over, I will get right in there and help when it comes to caring for a patient's needs. The biggest area of learning for anyone on this type of unit to me would have to be time management skills and being able to prioritize which patients yours eyes need to physically see first,second, and so forth, Our management was not always the best. When we received a new manager, it became clear that the "number of bodies [nurses] on the unit" was more important than the actual care required for nurse/patient ratio. I do any and all that I can to make sure all of my patients needs and also their families needs are met continually. My number one prioriity when I walk onto the unit to work is my patients and also the rest of the patients on the unit. I loved the co-workers I had. We all learned really quickly how to function as a "team" and learned that the type of patients we cared for were critically ill and it took more than just ourself to care for them. We never saw ourselves as just having "our own 4-5 patient", we saw the entire floor of patients as "all our patients," The hardest part of the job was learning to prioritize and have time management skills. It was something I learned rather quickly,having the opportunity to be a student nurse extern through nursing school. It made my actual RN orientation a lot more enjoyable and less  more... stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients. A majority of the patients quickly gain a relationship with their nurse and the rest of the unit staff no matter if they are there overnight or for a longer period of time. I find it very rewarding to do my best to save lives, see patient's improve over time and be able to leave the hospital, form a relationship with patients family members to where they feel comfortable leaving their loved ones in the care of our unit. It is rewarding to me to walk into a patients room and see and or put a smile on their faces,  less
Pros
amazing co-workers, underastanding house supervisors
Cons
very short breaks, if even able to get one; lunch breaks are very few and far between