Howard University Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital with many potentials but need to improve
Resident Physician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2018
The doctors at HUH including the international physicians are very good doctors. They do the best they can with the available resources. But the hospital is struggling with resources.
Pros
Free lunches
Excellent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2018
Howard was a wonderful place to work because I enjoy helping people it helped me get the experience of working in a doctors office setting which was basically a great and wonderful experience
good
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2018
Am thankful for the job i work at you just have a strong mind. Everybody don't get the same rules as other . Meaning some manger act like they afraid to ask certain worker to do some work.
Pros
free
Cons
short break
Good benifits with free educational program.
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2018
With team quality care. Union are supportive to met the staff demand.Management otherwise, will provide CEU updates to improve quality of patient care.In my work experience that I encountered in this hospital,my professional growth and development uphold my career of nursing.Therefore,I strongly recommend this facility.
Pros
Double pay on holiday work
Cons
Short breaks
great learning experience and environement
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
great learning experience and environment
great teaching hospital
supportive staff and peers
great opportunity for additional educational exerperience
Pros
learning/teaching atmosphere
Cons
flexibility
fun workplace
Patient Access Associate I (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2018
great coworkers, hard to advance. my supervisor is very comprehensive. i would love to stay at howard if it gave me a chance to grow. too many years and nothing to show for it.
very productive
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2018
learned so much about dietary restrictions.
hardest part of job was keep up with the pace of change of diets for so many patients.Working with so many types of cultures was interesting to me,being from the south. I enjoyed the people thatworked for me. The only thing that i din't like was the union and how people played on the union so supervisors didn't have alot of say when it came to enforcing certain things
Productive, educational and honest
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2018
Good place to work. Available training. Great support.. Training available, suggestions discussed, hardest part of job is receiving updated information
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Short breaks
overall
Admin (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2018
Great place to work under permanent employment. Never a promising opportunity if hired under contract. Employees are great though. Loved meeting patients.
daily workplace
CALL CENTER REP (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2018
It could've been a better working environment if the management was better and enforce on certain rules with better communication and a little bit more direction
Pros
the pay
Cons
unprofessional

Want to know more about Howard University Hospital?

Ask a question
Howard University Hospital
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2018
I have been at Howard for 6 years in December. The institution has provided me the opportunity to further my education, practice leadership skills, and obtain several certifications. Howard has helped make me the well rounded nurse I am today.
Good working Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 12, 2018
It was a good learning experience. Enjoyed the internship program. Good staff, always willing to help us (students). I will love to go back to work in their coding department.
Pros
good staff
Cons
Non
What you learned
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2018
This institution had given me the best ICU experience. Working 12 hrs shift at night goes by smoothly in spite of being so busy, thanks to the Team work among staff.
productive with great patient care and amazing team members
Senior Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with professional and amazing team members thereby giving the patient's the most adequate care. thank you
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2018
Observing, reporting, documenting and providing safety awareness.
Helping patients with turning, walking and everyday basic needs.
Taking vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, respiration and etc,)
Overall, it was a great experience.
Dialysis Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 12, 2018
I received my initial training in dialysis at this facility. I was taken under a nurse's wing and shown most of what I've learned in the dialysis sector. I learned of the importance of teamwork, and trusting your peers. I learned of the importance of quickly communicating a patients change in status to my nurse. The workplace culture was positive. The hardest part of the job was getting to know patients, and them losing them. The most enjoyable was the sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Excellent nurses, top notch.
Cons
Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
I am very satisfied with my Career and education at Howard University/Howard University Hospital
CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT/PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2018
A typical day at work was high energy, rewarding and self full filling, working with professional and cooperative and caring staff. Clients and others needs are often successfully met by a caring. efficient professional staff. The hardest part of my job was doing more, based on clients/patient needs. the lack of time and demands were sometimes hindered. I look forward to going to work everyday giving 110% to each patient/client that came with in my scope of work. I always looked forward to helping and making someone's day special, through the services that I provided;excellent customer service. I consistently received new information and learning how to apply best practice methods to improve patient/client relationships and services, and refreshing my own skills.
Pros
Enjoyed my career
Cons
Would like to have earn more income
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
My work was Assistant Front Office Manager with a staff of 11 people. Again, do as your manager needs you to do because it is all job related. Work with the company needs.
Pros
Great Company
friendly, supportive staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2018
Due to unionization retention is a challenge because new recruits often do not stay due to the many years of seniority of current staff. New nurses often work almost all holidays, and are unable to have requested vacation approved due to seniority,
great environment to grow in
Clinical Informatics Analyst, Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 12, 2018
Loved the opportunity to conduct research. As a scientist I was given the ability to gain insight on grant writing, publishing, and grassroots participation with subjects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Howard University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Howard University Hospital Reviews by Location