HOWL AT THE MOON Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAMarch 1, 2018
Great people great work environment. Got to really test my experience and skills set and make some really great money. I would definitely apply with this company.
Very fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service and hostess (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2018
It was a fun environment with great co workers and amazing managers. The food was great and the drinks were good too. The bowling alley was fun but had issues alot with the lanes. Our parties were great.
Fun
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Great place to work at for college students. Servers, bartenders, bar backs make great money on 3 day weekends. Every other position is questionable due to large pay cut on higher positions.
Pros
Night Life
Cons
Night Life
Mismanaged!
Bartender/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2017
In my time there I went through 4 different general managers. Each was openly drinking in the job, stealing, and operating illegally (ABC compliance). Some of these things the company turned a blind eye to, and it didn’t matter to them unless the theft got out of hand. Employment is based on a social system. If GM felt you were a threat to their position because you may blow the whistle on their theft they would find a reason to fire you but if you were willing to help with it and take a cut you got the best schedule and even a promotion at times. Most corruption I’ve ever seen in a corporate company.
Pros
Good pay, okay to drink on the job, free drinks, fun environment, flexible schedule
Cons
Management, team environment
Always Smile
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2017
Fast paced fun environment. live music every night. Fun staff and Management. Learned a lot there being consistence but also try new things, there is more than one way to skin a cat type attitude always evolving.
Pros
Fun place to be and work
Cons
short breaks
Howl At The Moon
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
Not a bad company, just poor leadership and direction. There was very limited training, and they expect you to know everything quickly, so if you have not had solid training prior you will be set up for failure. The place is fun to work at, but finding staff to work at a 3 day bar is also not easy.
Sales and Events Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2017
Had to leave this job due to relocating and really miss it! I was a Sales and Events Manager and loved the job, people, management, and atmosphere. It felt like a family! You know it's a good place when you go there OFF the clock, too!
Unsatisfying work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 23, 2017
The company itself seems to be run by an owner who cares about nothing more than lining his own pockets with as much money as possible. Working conditions over the past five years have only ever decreased.
Pros
Only working 3 days a week
Cons
Everything else
Unethical management
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2017
If you're not in the 'in crowd' then management will find a reason to fire you. It makes me question working here. People are often cut for no logical reason other than the manager didn't want them here. Very unfair to see such talent forced to leave unjustified. I'll be looking for a new job soon. Not sure how much more I can tolerate.
not productive
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 20, 2017
typical work day included standing there all day because there was no business coming through the doors and waiter/ waitress time was being wasted not worth the time or paying expenses
n/a
Event coordinator/Musical director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2017
Howl at the moon is a great place to get started in the music scene and perfecting the instrument that you play. Its a great way to make friends and build creative ways to entertain customers.
Usually fun
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2017
Its generally fun working there, the employees are typically great. But it's a huge tourist crowd so you can never rely on your tips being good. Some parts of the season are fun and you make lots of money, but some parts are extremely slow and you don't make anything.
Good Time in downtown San Antonio
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2017
Howl at the Moon was a great experience if you like the night life. Always busy, good money, and fun atmosphere. Very late hours, sometimes long hours
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
job security
Barback/Security (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Management all the way up to ownership is very good with their employees. Good hours, good pay, amazing employees. I love the job and company.
Pros
all
nightly live dueling pianos
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 15, 2017
typical corporate bar job - high rate of turnover due to general bias distrust of bartenders
strange management structure, little room for advancement especially if you are unable/ unwilling to relocate
willing to hire inexperienced staff members and train them
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
unpredictable income
Newly opened and still working out the kinks
Hostess//trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 6, 2016
a typical day of work was Tuesday -Thursday would be setting up party's for vip"s and running the Brunswick and be able to work fast and independently . I've learned that i'm very talented when working in a fast pace environment. my management were still working the problems and perfecting the restaurant but weren't good at communication and a lot of misunderstanding take place.my coworkers where great all acted and took care of one another like a family. hardest part of the job would be the miscommunication and and the unprofessional actions from my managers. the most enjoyable part of my job was servicing and communicating with the guest and making sure there time was wonderfully spent with me.
Relaxed atmosphere with great management
Server Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2016
A dueling piano bar that rocks and is amazing to work at. They believe in rewarding hard work with promotions and other opportunities. Management is honest and sets good examples for their employees. The owner himself stops by once in a while, great guy to work for as long as you do your job
Pros
Discount, location, income
Cons
late hours
Good people, no social life
Host (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2016
There seems to be an overlap in management is some areas. It's a nice place to work, can be fun and entertaining at time. It is impossible to have a social life because you are working during the hours most people are social.
Fun
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2016
FUN FUN FUN

Cons- Night Hours
Pros - Decent Pay = to work ethic
Management - Great!
Enjoyable - Social Atmosphere
Learn Time Management
Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2016
I already reviewed Howl at the Moon. I worked here for 2 years and I loved every bit of it. I loved being the promotions manager and a bartender. It was a lot of fun.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOWL AT THE MOON. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.7Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight