HPOne Employee Reviews

Don't Do It!
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Worse and most immoral company I ever worked for. I'm speaking for many employees who spoke of the same complaint. Management makes compensation promises that they make sure they don't have to keep by releasing the majority of the staff early. In addition, they "mishandle" pay. I have worked as an agent for 10 years under contracts and as a permanent employee. Worse and most blatant underhanded practices.
Pros
Dental day 1
Cons
Pay is already low and you are screwed out of promised pay!
Great Culture
Outbound Medicare sales (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 30, 2018
It's one of the few places I actually enjoyed working at especially once I got the position I really desired! Management is respectful and focused on improvement without micro-managing.
New ideas are always heard and sometimes implemented soon after, it's a growing company and they appreciate feedback!
Pros
Culture and the people
Cons
benefits are ok
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and rating of your experience at HPOne. We are pleased to hear that it was such a positive one and wish you continued success!

Productive Environment with a Family Atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
HPONE has a very relaxed family environment, however, it is definitely sales focused. Great tools for engagement and professionalism. Salary is not as competitive for licensed agents on the Member Acquisition side of the business. However, the management has a plethora of tools for developing agents.
Pros
Professional & Family Environment
Cons
Salary
Great entry into Customer Service/Call Centers
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2018
Learn the basics into health insurance
help Licensed Insurance Agents gather customer demographics
Inform customers about Insurance benefits
Assist Licensed Agents in enrolling customers into Policies
Option to train to become a licensed agent
January 14, 2019

We are pleased to hear that your experience with HPOne was rewarding. Thank you for the great review. We wish you continued success. Tell a friend about HPOne - we love referrals!

If you can wait it out...
Sales Broker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2018
Absolutely loved my supervisor (who has since been promoted)
Sales agent for outbound broker side.
Work culture....have never worked for a place where they really are LAX and liberal! Enjoyed my time there.
Management was pretty cool and cared about folks.
Hard part about job was just the frustration of cold leads.
Most enjoyable was making the sale!
Pros
Employees
Cons
I beleive they have a better compensation plan in place now...but slow to build income
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us at HPOne. We are pleased to hear that much of your experience was positive and rewarding and we wish you continued success with your employment.

Typical sales job
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 12, 2018
It's a typical sales job. You get paid by your ability to sell. Company will lay you off in a heartbeat if your numbers are low. It's business it's all about the dollar. It's basically a hundred percent commission. They give you a base salary of $11 an hour but it's a draw that they take it back. They promised residuals but you have to stay employed for one full year. If you get laid off ,which most people,do you don't make any residuals
Cons
90% of the people get let go.
March 12, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback and review of your experience with HPOne. It is unfortunate that you did not find the opportunity a good fit for you. We wish you much success.

Busy office, easy products to sell.
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 10, 2018
Inbound sales call center. Easy sell of Blue Cross/Blue Shield products. Salary + Commission + Bonus. Mandatory 10 work days, but overtime was time and 1/2.
Pros
Bonus if exceeded goals
Cons
10 hour days only 30 minutes for lunch.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating and comments about your experience while at HPOne. We wish you continued success and hope you will consider us again as an employer of choice.

Insurance agent broker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Healthplanone is a great place to work. The managers are friendly and helpful in assisting their employees to be efficient . There are many benefits offered by the company. Some of those benefits are health insurance, dental insurance, vision and life insurance as well as 401k benefits and tuition help.
Pros
learned a lot about sales
Cons
the job was temporary
January 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at HPOne. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found it to be a rewarding experience!

Glorified call center
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 19, 2018
Went from inbounds to outbounds with the promise of lots of money. 300+ dials per day with low sales made me leave. The people here are great. Management is good. But it is a call center.
Pros
Sitting down 40 hrs a week
Cons
Sitting down 40 hours a week and making 300+ dials per day.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and rating of the experience you had with us. We wish you continued success.

HPOne truly believes in wok-life-ballance, career growth and family atmosphare.
Human Resource Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
Great company to work for, HPOne truly cares for their employees. Management works hard to provide a friendly, nurturing team environment and strives on promotion from within.
Pros
Fun team building functions and great sales rawards.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for the kind words and great rating of your experience at HPOne. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and encourage you to consider us again in the future.

Productive, Fun and casual relaxed atmosphere
Senior Licensed Broker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2018
During my time at HPOne I had the opportunity to work with several top rated sales agents in the company. the managers and supervisor were very respectable.
Pros
good pay for a commission only and benefits
Cons
if you don't sale the pay is low
February 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of HPOne. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your experience is positive. Keep up the good work. Your opinions are valued!

Workplace culture
Licensed agent (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 7, 2018
Everyone tends to work within their groups rather well, despite the fact that the management tends to ignore rule infraction so long as the one breaking those rules has a lot of sales.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for providing feedback and rating of your experience at HPOne. We value your opinion and would welcome any additional information that might help us to improve the experience for others. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at: feedback@hpone.com

Supportive workplace for a working mother or father.
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 15, 2017
Family oriented company. We have a beautiful new open space office with lots of natural light. There is a cafeteria with home made meals. Building is in a great location.
Pros
Benefits, nice people, great location, Pto, offers medical benefits and 401K. Growing company located in the USA.
Cons
As we grow hopefully they will offier better medical benefits.
December 27, 2017

Thank you so much for providing such a positive review! We appreciate you and the time you took to leave comments.

Hp One allowed Associates to work with more than one company and sell in different states.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLDecember 20, 2018
I was hired as a seasonal employee in2017 and became permanent in 2018. There are supervisors to help you when you have questions for n every shift. The Company considers training as a high priority.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Half hour lunches
January 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with HPOne. We are pleased to hear that you are having a rewarding experience and we wish you continued success!

Good safe place for followers, future leaders or out of boxers not allowed
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2018
Great for head down follow the leader types ask no logical questions or you'll be shut down or frowned upon. Lack of communication to all equal parties across the board. Lack of uniformity among lead supervisors application of new or old protocols.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and rating of your experience at HPOne. We appreciate all feedback that will continue to help us improve and will share yours with our leadership to that end.

Productive and Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2018
This is one of the best jobs I ever worked for they are very professional and friendly and they are very understanding and will work around your schedule if you need time off and allow you to get overtime as well.
January 14, 2019

HPOne appreciates you and we are so pleased to hear that you are having a great experience. We wish you continued success!

Plenty of insurance companies for customers
Medicare broker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2018
It is a nice company but I have gained more wisdom being here. I learned a lot and was able to meet very warm and friendly people. It is a very laid back environment so you can be comfortable when you come to work. The supervisors and management are professional and really care about your success here.
Good coworkers
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Dog-Eat-Dog sales
Two. 15 min breaks, 30 min lunch. Work 4 10hr days, not of your choice. $10 per Medicare policy sold
Good coworkers who were planning to resign after open enrollment
HP did assist and pay for Health License
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Every second accountable
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
The people here are great to work with. The supervisors are always there to help. They make it a fun place to work. Theres not much room to advance as it is a small company
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you are having a positive experience. Continue to work with your supervisors to help you identify roles that you can grow into as they become available. HPOne is growing!

HR is great, Operation Managers are NOT
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZ 85297November 6, 2018
Operation manager was not for his people and interpersonal skills were lacking. HR was always accommodating and very clear on company policies, I had a great supervisor
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and rating. We would welcome additional information about your comments that might help us improve our leadership. Please reach out directly to us at: feedback @hpone.com.