HPOne Employee Reviews

Call Center Representative (PDP) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
Relaxed environment.
Assisted in special projects
knowledgeable team lead
Meet great people to whom I still have a relationship with
Assisted beneficiaries with PDP
Enjoyed co-workers
Licensed Heaalth Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 23, 2018
In the Phoenix Az office: Very clickish environment so choose your friends wisely! Some low level supervisors were not very honest and twisted truths, if you were not agreeable or did not fear them they'd make sure your employment days were numbered.
Hpone
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 8, 2018
HPOne is a quick to fast paced environment in the Healthcare Insurance field. The people are fun to work with. It is a transition job for myself. For a person to work there, they must pass Federal and State requirements and tests.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for providing your rating and feedback about your experience at HPOne. We appreciate your thoughts and insight and hope you will continue to enjoy your time with us. We love referrals - tell a friend about us!

HPOne truly believes in wok-life-ballance, career growth and family atmosphare.
Human Resource Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
Great company to work for, HPOne truly cares for their employees. Management works hard to provide a friendly, nurturing team environment and strives on promotion from within.
Pros
Fun team building functions and great sales rawards.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for the kind words and great rating of your experience at HPOne. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and encourage you to consider us again in the future.

Rewarded you being there.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
I felt you were throw into the fire without all the neccessary preparation. Felt like a number in a sea of numbers. Were problems getting my appointments from Aetna and Humana put under HPO and wasn't able to work on specific assignment I was hired to do.
Did a good job of motivating employees with helpful information on products and outside activities.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating and comments regarding your time with HPOne. Your feedback is helpful and will be used to further our improvement efforts.

If you can wait it out...
Sales Broker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2018
Absolutely loved my supervisor (who has since been promoted)
Sales agent for outbound broker side.
Work culture....have never worked for a place where they really are LAX and liberal! Enjoyed my time there.
Management was pretty cool and cared about folks.
Hard part about job was just the frustration of cold leads.
Most enjoyable was making the sale!
Pros
Employees
Cons
I beleive they have a better compensation plan in place now...but slow to build income
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us at HPOne. We are pleased to hear that much of your experience was positive and rewarding and we wish you continued success with your employment.

Work Culture is the Best!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
The work environment is supportive and encouraging. The management truly cares about the success of the team. People get along like family members (that like each other) and there is no drama or back-stabbing like I have seen in other companies I have work for in the past.
Pros
Working Environment is the best I have had...
Cons
Bathroom Facility is not conveniently located near work space...
June 26, 2018

Thank you for providing such positive comments and feedback about your experience here at HPOne. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to share your thoughts and we hope you will continue to have success with the company!

Busy office, easy products to sell.
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 10, 2018
Inbound sales call center. Easy sell of Blue Cross/Blue Shield products. Salary + Commission + Bonus. Mandatory 10 work days, but overtime was time and 1/2.
Pros
Bonus if exceeded goals
Cons
10 hour days only 30 minutes for lunch.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating and comments about your experience while at HPOne. We wish you continued success and hope you will consider us again as an employer of choice.

Health Plan One
Supervisor - Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 7, 2018
As a supervisor I was able to work with other supervisors and or mentors if I came across a situation or issue at work I was unsure on how to do.
I learned that everyone works at their own pace and speed and not everyone can be a fast and efficient worker.
Being the supervisor taught me a lot of life lessons regarding others and management
Pros
Free lunches, great people
March 12, 2018

We are pleased to hear that your experience at HPOne was rewarding. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and review. Tell your friends about your experience! It is always great to get referrals!

Great Place To Work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2018
I love working there, everyone is so helpful, they want to see you succeed in your potential. I have gone back for 2 season's now and ready to go when ever they need me. They treat you with respect and like adults, as they have lives too.
Pros
They will feed you, treat you like a person not children
March 12, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate all your contributions to HPOne. Taking the time to share your experience with others helps us attract more quality employees like yourself!

Fake Gold
INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2018
If you want to get started in the insurance industry for good company. If you are looking for a company where you can grow and take on bigger roles, keep looking for the simple fact that this isn't a trustworthy company. They make a lot of enough promises and if its not on paper and signed they don't follow through
Pros
Paid training, Free lunch(sometimes)
Cons
Liars
March 12, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts about the experience you had with HPOne. In an effort to improve the experience for others, we would welcome additional information about your comments. Please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@hpone.com to continue the dialogue.

Very Busy Phones
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2018
The hardest part of the job was getting phone calls one after another.
Emphasis on enrollments and there were prizes for most enrollments.
Support was readily available for questions.
Pros
We had constant support
Cons
short lunches
Typical sales job
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 12, 2018
It's a typical sales job. You get paid by your ability to sell. Company will lay you off in a heartbeat if your numbers are low. It's business it's all about the dollar. It's basically a hundred percent commission. They give you a base salary of $11 an hour but it's a draw that they take it back. They promised residuals but you have to stay employed for one full year. If you get laid off ,which most people,do you don't make any residuals
Cons
90% of the people get let go.
March 12, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback and review of your experience with HPOne. It is unfortunate that you did not find the opportunity a good fit for you. We wish you much success.

Productive, Fun and casual relaxed atmosphere
Senior Licensed Broker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2018
During my time at HPOne I had the opportunity to work with several top rated sales agents in the company. the managers and supervisor were very respectable.
Pros
good pay for a commission only and benefits
Cons
if you don't sale the pay is low
February 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of HPOne. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your experience is positive. Keep up the good work. Your opinions are valued!

Overall
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2018
Very inbalanced senior leadership team. Supervisors are very inexperienced and lack guidance. Overall organization lacks the ability to effectively train new and or established employees
Pros
Decent agent Incentives
Cons
Favoritism, lack of guidance, misrepresentation of expectations
February 12, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide constructive feedback about your experience with HPOne. Our efforts are focused on improving leadership development and making further adjustments to our training programs. We hope you will see results as we continue to grow and enhance our programs. You are encouraged to reach out with additional suggestions and feedback to: feedback@hpone.com

Low pay
Non-Licensed Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 23, 2018
It was just a temp job during the 3 month Medicare enrollment period. The pay was way below average for any position in the insurance field and there were to many Indian Chiefs. What was nice about working there was the variety of coffee that was available to employees. They sometimes bought lunch.
Pros
Coffee food on occasion
Cons
Pay very low
January 30, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with HPOne. We would welcome additional dialogue regarding your comments. Please reach out to us at: feedback@hpone.com

Very Nice Place to work
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Very supportive Management, non Competition distributed everyone is the same, good pay structure, and pleasant working environment. they go out the way to help make you very successful.
January 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience at HPOne. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your assignment. Please share your feedback with your friends as we are always looking for great people like yourself for the team!

Insurance agent broker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Healthplanone is a great place to work. The managers are friendly and helpful in assisting their employees to be efficient . There are many benefits offered by the company. Some of those benefits are health insurance, dental insurance, vision and life insurance as well as 401k benefits and tuition help.
Pros
learned a lot about sales
Cons
the job was temporary
January 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at HPOne. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found it to be a rewarding experience!

Fun work place because of the people
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2018
they had great people working for them but the culture was cutthroat. not against the employees but against the management. It was a hi-stress environment with people being cut left and right. I function in a high -stress environment but this was ridiculous.
Pros
rewarded us during high volume periods with food.
Cons
no paid time of. time off was counted against you.
January 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are disappointed to learn that your experience with HPOne was not a positive one. In an effort to learn more about the environment you are referring to we would welcome additional discussion. Please reach out to feedback@hpone.com.

Stressful
HEALTH INSURANCE CONSULTANT AND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 4, 2018
Overall stressful. In the beginning the expectations were far more different hence why it was such a good fit but as time progressed my hours got longer and it was starting to become a hectic and invasive position to work
January 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. We would appreciate having a more detailed discussion with you about your experience at HPOne to help us continue to improve. Please reach us at feedback@hpone.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HPOne. Our community is ready to answer.