HRI Lodging Employee Reviews

Poor Upper Management
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 2, 2019
I really enjoyed working here for about a month, then I enjoyed working with my coworkers and interaction with the guests. My immediate supervisor was amazing, very caring, helpful and hardworking. She was the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
The upper management of the hotel was very distant and unorganized, bills were not paid, amenities were unavailable, discontinued or eliminated. Guests complained continually about the lack of organization, amenities and poor shape of the Hotel.
The Hotel as a whole is run down, (although it was recently renovated) most rooms are unclean, and I was not given proper tools to fulfill my duties.
As soon as the attendance dropped so did the hours, many employees were laid off or had to quit.
Very unfortunate as this Hotel has potential under the right management, and owners.
Pros
Most guest and coworkers are great.
Cons
Lack of caring by upper management
Great Ideas - Challenging at times
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 14, 2018
Will be discussed at the appropriate time and place. Company has a vision for the hotel and its location. I was able to implement a solid team with huge upside potential for the future
Growing Pains
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70118October 29, 2018
HRI is undergoing massive expansion and restructuring. While this does provide opportunities for advancement, their current management structure for their hotel division leaves much to be desired. Inconsistent support from upper management, lack of proper staffing to cover the responsibilities required, results in a horrible work-life balance and a lot of unpaid overtime if you are a salaried employee. An inexperienced or ignorant HR team makes it so that the cost of benefits outweighs the wage brackets.
Pros
Lots of room for growth
Cons
High costs of healthcare, poor management
Relaxed work place. Collaborative Effort
Building Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2018
You dont have someone down your back 24/7, and co workers are very friendly. You typically learn a lot within your first couple of months, but then the learning dies down quickly.
Homewood Suites French Quarter
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 27, 2018
HRI Lodging, LLC is the management company that oversee's the Homewood Suites French Quarter New Orleans.

Working for HRI was a learning experience filled with morals, gratitude, empathy, compassion & team driven tasks.
Pros
Room Rate discounts
Hri
Barista (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 14, 2018
HRI ws a very good company to work for. The management of my department at the time had poor leadership. The company paid great and offered great health benefits.
Cons
extreme work
Poor management + pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 26, 2018
This company will rip you off! At the location I was working at, they didn't give us year end bonuses for 3 years! The hotel itself kept changing management frequently.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Hours will go down when it becomes slow, poor management, work load was sometimes unbearable
Good Envionment
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2018
A good crew to work for while in school. There were parties as it was a hospitality environment and lots of jokes. Also, these are the best guests in hospitality.
Pros
All positive
Cons
Just a student
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 15, 2017
Great manager fair and understood anything brought to the attention of management.i had to relocate near home due to lack of own transport.monthly get togethers were great with prizes too.
Pros
Own boss but report to hotel manger
Cons
Bad area for trouble .
Upper Management great to work with!
GM Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 1, 2017
This one of the few companies that allow General Managers to operate their own business. I enjoyed working with them.Only reason for leaving is not wanting to stay in Jackson MS. Beautiful hotel and a well balanced work ethic.
Pros
Great management
Relaxed
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2017
More communication needed between departments at corporate office and into the field. More training on systems needed for those starting with the company.
Terrible Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 21, 2017
These people will give you work on top of work. No one trains you and they are quick to put the blame on you when something goes bad. Have you ever had a boss throw papers in your face? You talk about an a$s$%hole. Stay clear from this job!!!
Pros
Free parking, close proximity to everything
Cons
Parking garage is tight and poorly designed, Management is difficult
Best company I've worked for thus far.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  MississippiApril 20, 2017
I love this company. Great hourly pay. Awesome benefits. Great management. Clean environment. Well mannered employees. They offer great projects to interact with employees. Housekeeping actually have their own week of recognition. Corporate, I love them. Very understanding and reliable.
Pros
15 min breaks without clocking out.
Cons
30min break at 12:00 clock out as well with break after your 12:00 break.
working with guests and coworkers and management to ensure customer satisfaction
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 5, 2016
A challenging position that enables me to use my certifications and experience to assist guests and coworkers to the best of my ability.
Pros
Lunch twice a month
Cons
Parking can be difficult and lack of work resources to complete my job