HSHS Medical Group Employee Reviews

Fun and product work enviroment
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 26, 2018
Very flexible,family oriented organization. Management is very supportive. Benefits are very competitive. Fun place to work. Hshs is a Great place to work
Medical Assistant Employee (Former Employee) –  Breese, ILJuly 5, 2018
It was a great job. For orientation they got a hotel for us in Springfield Illinois. They took us to dinner and it was a lovely experience and orientation.
Pros
Friendly envorment
Cons
Lack of room due to remodleing.
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled that you were able to find value in our orientation experience that we provide to all new colleagues. We are definitely in growth mode, which can sometimes cause growing pains, but maintain our commitment to patient first care at all times. Thank you!

If the employees do not like you, it will not last
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 1, 2018
No job shadowing, you are just thrown in and expected to know it all. I tried my best to do extra things to impress my peers with no luck. All my co-workers watched me to stumble and instead of offering their knowledge or suggestion, they would report my errors to the manager. I felt like I was back in high school and all the cliques.
I loved the patients and almost always enjoyed the physicians.
Pros
The patients are awesome
Cons
always feeling depressed and doubting yourself
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened to hear that you did not have a great experience during your time with us as a colleague. We are currently reviewing our training processes to ensure a consistent and thorough training plan for each colleague as they onboard. We wish you well in your new ventures and future career.

Good Part time job
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 16, 2018
I wasn't sure how I would do in a hospital type setting but once I got used to being in the rehab unit I found that I really enjoyed it. Everyone there is very friendly and says hello every time you pass.
May 21, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are glad that you've experienced our colleagues living out our promise of Patient First Care.

Hshs medical
PSR (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILApril 27, 2018
It is a great place to work. We get a lot of lunches brought to us by pharmaceutical reps. I love working Monday thru Friday. The only thing I would have to say I do not like is the pay. I don't make enough for my experience in customer service.
Pros
No weekends with my position, free lunches often
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks
May 21, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to keep our pay rates competitive with the market, and review positions annually to ensure they are where they should be. We also offer a comprehensive value-add benefits package.

tech analyst
Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 15, 2018
overall i made sure that that people got assistence whenever they called the support lines. in addition i had to make sure to do routine maintence on equipment
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and for the work you do to keep our systems running smoothly!

great
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Great place to work. Good people, good benefits. Room for growth. Leadership is very willing to assist someone to advance. They invest a lot into their employees.
April 6, 2018

Thank you for your review and nice compliments. We agree, our leadership is committed to colleague success and growth. We are even working on an Emerging Leader program to launch in 2019!

Advanced Practice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Friendly environment, good team work, very efficient, the hardest part of the job was just having to tell patient's things they did not want to hear, the most enjoyable part was when our treatment provided relief for patient and they were so thankful.
April 6, 2018

Hello, and thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad you found your experience as an HSHS Medical Group colleague to be a rewarding one.

Productive & Fun Place to Work
PSR (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Typical work day is busy but productive. I've learned a lot from my current managers they are fair and respectful. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the patients,
January 30, 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are so encouraged by and thankful for colleagues like yourself who really embrace our patient first care philosophy!

Absolutely love working in this faith-based environment
Jack of All Trades (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 20, 2017
I love working for HSHS Medical Group. In reading through some of the bad comments, they seem like your typical disgruntled employees who got fired for not doing their job and are now out to damage the company's reputation. Sure, there are good days and bad days, good leaders and ones that should move on. But, unless this is the first place you've ever worked, you've probably figured out by now that no where is the 100% perfect place to work. With that said though, HSHS is by far the best place I've worked. The managers care about you as a person, they promote a good work/life balance among the team, the company provides good benefits and competitive pay. They do neat things like tuition assistance, a wellness program, and cell phone reimbursement if you need it for your job. I love the deep history of the Sisters and what they started and how they have passed the torch on to us. I love being able to pray before meetings start, talk to patients and coworkers about faith and pray with them, but that it isn't an overbearing and expected thing for all employees to do, since we welcome all faiths.
Pros
Cheap benefits, family atmosphere, pension and retirement, faith based
Cons
regulatory matters and changes to that effect
October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear that your experience with us has been positive. We are proud of the benefits we are able to offer to our colleagues, and of our core values and faith based background.

Want to know more about HSHS Medical Group?

Ask a question
they do care about the patients
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 20, 2017
It was my second home. I loved working there. I learned a lot from other coworkers and liked what I did. I would recommend other friends and family to work there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
September 13, 2017

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you were able to witness our "patient first care" mentality while working with us. We would love for you to send your family and friends our way!

worst management, from the CEO all the way to low management, terrible
PSR (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILApril 11, 2017
Poor benefits and pay, management has no communication skills. I would never recommend them. I am very sorry I ever accepted a job and wasted my time with them.
Pros
None that I know of
Cons
Pay, and management
September 13, 2017

First of all, thank you for taking time to leave a review for us. It sounds like you had an experience that was unusual. During our 2017 Colleague Engagement Survey, 82% of our colleagues were considered content or engaged in their positions. 79% of our colleagues reported that they thought our benefits were great, and 60% felt they were paid adequately for their positions. We wish you the best of luck with your future career goals!

Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 10, 2017
Great company to work for. They provide excellent healthcare coverage and good benefit package. My manager is always really helpful and provides a positive attitude within the work environment.
September 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that your experience working for us has been positive. We are proud to offer our colleagues three different levels of health insurance coverage, with out of pocket premium costs below the national average! We are also proud to hear that your manager seems to embody our core values of Respect, Care, Competency, and Joy!

Poor Management - Poor Culture - Apply at your on risk!
Project Manager II / Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Patient Financial Services & Financial Planning Departments.... I should have known something was wrong when they told me my department had went through 5 Directors in under 2 years *RED FLAG* and then I didn't even get interviewed by the newest Director *RED FLAG* -- During every Manager Meeting my group of 10-12 Managers spent most of their time complaining about their employees (their smell, their orientation, their drama, etc) which I was always really uncomfortable doing. The other time was spent complaining about upper-management and how mis-informed everyone was. And last but not least, they were terribly disorganized, with really poor on-boarding/training, and nobody could give me straight answers about anything.... we are talking about BIG Data and $billing, and nothing seemed to add up. Glad to be separated from this employer & even more alarming when your own employees won't even take their loved ones to your own hospitals or clinics!! *TRIPLE RED FLAG*
Pros
Basically their policy is if you are a Manager, you can leave 1/2 days whenever, and they have competitive wages
Cons
Besides the obvious ones? Tons of drama...
October 3, 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. It seems that your experience with us was out of the norm. We take your concerns very seriously and will see what we can do to address them.

Very misleading as to a future with the company
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 6, 2017
I had high hopes that were dash, after what I thought was a great interview! Too many false promises from leadership! So,I now am going to search elsewhere!
September 13, 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that your interview did not go as expected. Our advice is to keep seeking, the right opportunity may be awaiting you within our company! We do love to see our colleagues grow within!

A very productive place
St Elizabeths Hospital (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 18, 2016
My day starts off...by clocking in on time..an making sure I have my scheduled assignment for the day.. I have learned many different skills for example working in the Surgery department an E,R..... which I enjoy the most. An far as the management.. they could do better ..my co workers I truly enjoy working with .. we are always willing to pitch in an help one another...an the hardest thing about my job is starting a assignment an not being able to finish it..an the most enjoyable thing that puts a smile on my face ...Is knowing that the patient/customer is satisfied at the end of the day...
Pros
this is a good institute..
October 3, 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review! While it seems like you likely work for one of our affiliates, St. Elizabeth's hospital, colleagues across our system are top notch and truly do care about each other, and about the patients!

Working for HSHS medical group is a JOKE
medical personel (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 11, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. The management is a joke. Practice Managers don't know how to do their jobs. Favoritism is the normal. No one follows the rules. Everyone is out for themselves only, forget about the patients, they could care less about their patients. Patient needs are last on their list. They are more concerned about who is bringing in lunch for them that day then the care that is given to the patients. Personal phone calls are more important patient phone calls. Individual homework and party planning are more important patient care.
Pros
Cons
being an employee of HSHS Medical group
October 3, 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave us this review. We are truly sorry to hear you had such a poor experience during your time with us. This is not our normal practice, as our motto is Patient-First Care, and we do strive to keep that at the forefront of our colleague's mind and mission each day.

Constantly changing position which gives a challenge
Manager of Anesthesia Services (Former Employee) –  Springfield ILSeptember 5, 2015
HSHS Medical Group is 5 years old and still has many bugs to work out. The decisions are made on the Finance or accounting side of the business not by the management over the actual working side of the business. This does tend to lead to many changes in direction and inconsistent direction.
Pros
They allow flex time to be worked by employees
Cons
There is a lot of turnover in management
October 3, 2017

Thank you for your comments. You are correct that our organization is newer and did initially go through some growing pains. However, we've now been in existence for 8 years, and have certainly made strides in improving our "bugs." We believe that can be seen in our recent Colleague Engagement Scores!

Not a True Catholic Organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 29, 2015
HSHS Medical Group is hurting financially and have eliminated several positions in the corporation. Upper senior leadership is a revolving door of individuals trying to "fix" the company and leave after a year or two when they realize they aren't able to fix the situation of the company. Middle upper management is dishonest and does not practice any of the four values stressed by the sisters......Joy, Care, Compassion, and Respect. Middle management does not respond to emails or phone calls, are dishonest with their employees, and do not have the patients as the priority. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this to anyone. Most lower management and floor colleagues are stressed daily due to middle and upper management.
October 3, 2017

In the two years since this review was left, we can happily report that the Medical Group is thriving financially. Our management turnover has reduced, and our focus on Patient-First Care is more evident than ever. As a newer organization, we have had tremendous growth, but have still held strong to our Catholic foundation.

HSHS Medical Group
Pre-bill Auditor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 18, 2015
Outstanding employer. Strong family understanding, good benefits, good pay, great leaders, and positive work environment. This is an amazing company to work for. They stand behind their employees, and go out of their way to make you feel welcome within the company.
Pros
Pay, Environment, People
October 3, 2017

Thank you for your comments! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience during your time with us. We place a lot of value in our orientation and onboarding program to help our new colleagues feel welcome, and that carries into our clinics and departments as well as they get acquainted there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSHS Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.