HSHS Medical Group Employee Reviews

St.Marys is a great place to work.
Food Prep Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay Wi.October 15, 2018
I love working at the hospital,great people,good benifits,good pay.Their have been a lot of changes,but nothing my crew and myself couldn't handle. The pro's out way the cons.
Pros
Insurance is fairly good good pay.
Cons
Its Morrison Heathcare that not too many people care for.
Productive and fun working place
Assist Providers (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 27, 2018
Medical team are professionals and team basic care is a plus out here. Staffs and other clinical team members gives a 100% job time with great knowledge to whats done and needed for patients care needs
Cons
healthcare excellence
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at the call center. It was a good group of staff members.
I would encourage people to work there. the managers are excellent at the medical specialty group.
Good physicians and in hospital building
Pros
good team
Cons
hectic at times
Good Benefits but chaotic, hectic, unorganized work atmosphere
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ILSeptember 4, 2018
There are no typical days here. Plan on being asked to perform duties without 100% knowledge of task. There are no days off due to constant calls, texts, emails etc. to company phone you will be given in order to be constantly available/continually "on call". Excellent benefits but not sure it's worth the chaos and stress.
Pros
good salary, Fsa, retirement 401K
Cons
Constantly changing job assignments, unorganized, hectic, rotating call week nights and weekends
I love the people I work with
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 13, 2018
St Mary’s is a great place to work, but sometimes it’s just not enough help. We work short staffed at time and sometimes it can be a bit much. Overall I like it just wish I could advance at some point
St. Mary's was part of a big health care organization.
Operations Manager for Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 8, 2018
I supervised the activities of the 2nd shift to include Surgery, out patient departments, public areas and discharge units. I enjoye dthe faith based Mission of the HSHS system.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to move back to WI
Cons
It was difficult to work for 2 organizations with different financial goals
Great Culture.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 6, 2018
By far one of the best first Jobs I could have asked for. I was able to provide a real impact to the patients that stayed there. I learned so much about different time periods and about their lives that It was such a humbling and rewarding experience cleaning their rooms. The Food was also amazing in the cafeteria.
Pros
Great food! Very relaxed staff but organized.
Cons
the occasional room that was absolutely terrible to clean=
Cardiac Sonographer
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 5, 2018
This was the absolute best hospital to work for. I loved everyone I worked with and we all got along fabulously. I learned how to be more efficient with my time, considering the work load was a lot. We all worked together and got what we needed to get done for the day.
Pros
My colleagues
Cons
Fun and product work enviroment
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 26, 2018
Very flexible,family oriented organization. Management is very supportive. Benefits are very competitive. Fun place to work. Hshs is a Great place to work
I was only an intern here and don't know all the benefits offered
Pharmacy Technician Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 5, 2018
I was only an intern here and so therefore did not get paid. From what I could gather, the environment was fairly good, but I did hear that the raises there do not flow very rapidly.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
I didn't really have any cons
Medical Assistant Employee (Former Employee) –  Breese, ILJuly 5, 2018
It was a great job. For orientation they got a hotel for us in Springfield Illinois. They took us to dinner and it was a lovely experience and orientation.
Pros
Friendly envorment
Cons
Lack of room due to remodleing.
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled that you were able to find value in our orientation experience that we provide to all new colleagues. We are definitely in growth mode, which can sometimes cause growing pains, but maintain our commitment to patient first care at all times. Thank you!

short staffed
Certified Nurse's Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Streator, IL 61364July 2, 2018
only quit working here because of being so short staffed, I learned a lot and met a lot of new people. I really enjoyed working here but could not continue to work by myself to adequately meet patients needs.
Great Leadership
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 1, 2018
Strong leadership team! St. Mary's is striving toward excellence and inviting in their patients, colleagues, and leaders. The culture is warm and inviting
The hardest part of the job
LPN, 40 (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJune 8, 2018
The hardest part of my job at HSHS was having to leave. The community of friends that I have met at HSHS are priceless. Great work environments, management, and co-workers. I would recommend a career with HSHS to anyone on any level.
July 18, 2018

Thank you so much for providing us with this feedback. We are so delighted that you've had such an exceptional experience working for us. We love when our colleagues see first hand how we live the mission of patient first care and work together as a family.

If the employees do not like you, it will not last
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 1, 2018
No job shadowing, you are just thrown in and expected to know it all. I tried my best to do extra things to impress my peers with no luck. All my co-workers watched me to stumble and instead of offering their knowledge or suggestion, they would report my errors to the manager. I felt like I was back in high school and all the cliques.
I loved the patients and almost always enjoyed the physicians.
Pros
The patients are awesome
Cons
always feeling depressed and doubting yourself
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened to hear that you did not have a great experience during your time with us as a colleague. We are currently reviewing our training processes to ensure a consistent and thorough training plan for each colleague as they onboard. We wish you well in your new ventures and future career.

Good Part time job
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 16, 2018
I wasn't sure how I would do in a hospital type setting but once I got used to being in the rehab unit I found that I really enjoyed it. Everyone there is very friendly and says hello every time you pass.
May 21, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are glad that you've experienced our colleagues living out our promise of Patient First Care.

Decent, but not something I would stay with for the rest of my career
PART TIME FOOD & NUTRITION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 13, 2018
It was a decent first job to have when I was 16, but it was not a job that I was interested in staying with. While working at this job, I mainly delivered trays into patient's rooms.
Fast and slow
Adult Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 7, 2018
The kitchen was pretty slow until all the dishes come down to be cleaned. You have to clean them off and then put them in the dishwasher. When they are clean you take them out and then put them away.
Hshs medical
PSR (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILApril 27, 2018
It is a great place to work. We get a lot of lunches brought to us by pharmaceutical reps. I love working Monday thru Friday. The only thing I would have to say I do not like is the pay. I don't make enough for my experience in customer service.
Pros
No weekends with my position, free lunches often
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks
May 21, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to keep our pay rates competitive with the market, and review positions annually to ensure they are where they should be. We also offer a comprehensive value-add benefits package.

good stepping stone
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 16, 2018
This was a good place to work to gain experience in security. The supervisors however did not care about there employees and there was no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSHS Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.