HSN Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job.
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNMay 15, 2018
The hardest part of working at HSN is the constant repetitive heavy lifting and the other bad thing is the early starting hour. you have to get up at 2:30 in the morning to be at work at 4.
Poor management, discrimination
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNMay 7, 2018
super discriminatory work place, unfair treatment of hard work
feels like prison, ridiculous rules, can write you up for candy if they dont like you.
Pros
no pros
Cons
low pay, discrimination
Great
Sales/Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 6, 2018
• Front line service professional and brand representative for HSN: Interacted with customers and established account: built customer loyalty and increase brand value with each phone interaction.

• Established meaningful connections and confidently drove accurate and appropriate resolutions to problems with customer orders, accounts or other aspects of the customer experience.

• Provided product knowledge to customers in sales market; established credibility and trust with customers while using up-sell techniques for daily conversations of 15%.
Benefits
Cons
n/a
A great transition job
Remote Sales/Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 21, 2018
It did what it needed to for me... I'm not a home body so I was miserable. However, it was a great line on my resume giving me experience with a customer relations database and proper customer service etiquette.
A good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLApril 20, 2018
Working for HSN is relaxed and enjoyable.
Not for a person who has young children.
The hardest part of the job was being able to make the Average handling times they require.
Good place to Work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP(Work From Home) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
Good place for working from home, they give you good training. The hardest part is customers who you can't make happy no matter what you try to do for them. And the most enjoyable the people I work with and my supervisor.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Upsells
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2018
It was a good place to work for and get hands on experience with latest technology etc. The manager wa nice. I left because the salary was not good.
Pros
few
Cons
low salary
It's fun here
Part Time WAH Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 17, 2018
HSN is a very good company to work for and provides very good benefits for part time employees. The discount, alone, makes it worth working for them! Sales quotas are a bit hard to reach but not impossible.
One of best @ home opportunities
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 16, 2018
People hear at home and often feel its going to be easy. Its a job and a job is work. As with any job, you will have good and bad days or things that you would rather not do. Yes there are tech issues or system lags but its also part of the job. I love that I can help others and earn a paycheck while working in my pjs from the comfort of my home office. I am a part time Ohio rep who is dual trained with HSN and Cornerstone Brands. I've been here 1.5 yrs and have no intention of leaving anytime soon..
Pros
Excellent support and training, perfect work area ( my house), ability to trade hrs with cooworkers to better meet work and life balance, paid holidays and pto.
Cons
Hrs vary on pt
Friendly and customer focused
Macintosh System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2018
Working for HSN has been great. With the purchase of HSN by QVC there has been a lot of uncertainty of what the future holds. QVC has a great vision of where they want to be. The CEO is a perfect fit to drive this company to a successful future. The only fear I have is they take over, grab only the top selling products and dismantle what's left.
Pros
Large Campus to walk, awesome management
Cons
Expensive Food, Job uncertainty.
Decent, not enough hours.
HOME SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2018
This was my first Work-at-Home jobs. The idea is great, I just got stuck with the late evening hours. My schedule block was 7pm-1am. The job is easy enough. It's good to have thick skin and understand, the customer isn't angry at you personally. Make faces at them silently if it helps, just don't let it come through in your voice. That's honestly where it went bad for me. After about a year and half, I just couldn't hold back and was heard saying some things in a less than pleasant way. So we agreed it was time to part ways. The worst thing with this position at HSN is the same as many companies have started doing. There is no full time. All employees in this position are part time. Not that many could take it full time to be honest. But you will not have benefits other than paid time off. Which was a good amount. That's it though. And the discount. Which was worth it even though I'm a large man and 99.9999% of their customers are woman. I still found plenty of things that I could use, and still do.
a very conflicting place of employment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2018
My training was a joke, every day of training employees were discussing things with their family, pets, carpet, even the park by their house. they train you one way and punish you for doing it. i feel they don't care about the customer because there are employees that just say and do anything to get the sale. some customers would believe their order was in and the employee had not even placed it. it took me 5 weeks to get my first check and they did the same on 2 more of my checks.
Pros
discount, 401K and PTO
Cons
you may not get your breaks if you're on a call.
I LOVED every second of my experience at HSN
VP, UX DIGITAL COMMERCE (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2018
HSN was one of the most amazing experiences of my professional career. At first I hated it as it was in florida.. and I did not want to be there.. but once I got there.. I LOVED every EVERY second of it. IT was fun.. creative. .and made me smile every day.
Pros
real people with real passion
Cons
sometimes there was too much passion. lol
alright place to work
Work from Home Agent (Current Employee) –  work from homeApril 3, 2018
good discount. pay is okay. hours suck and are not worth the time and effort you get paid as part time. Multi emails daily for just informational stuff. To much change going around. VERY STRICT MONTHLY guidelines to follow that are hard to reach with customers who want to speak over you and talk for a long while when you call has to be approx 3 to 4 mins only! Customers are mainly rude, few nice ones out there. I had a great manager after being switched from horrible one which didn't help you with anything, huge difference in performance based on your manager of the team your in. Trainging was great and fun to be at. Although "live" calls are different from training and some rules are not explained in training that are needed for you every shift.
Pros
good discount, decent pay could be better
Cons
hours are horrible, 50% chance of horrible team supervisor, customers are rude
Customers rude- management doesn’t care-you’re told that you can offer the customer KASH back but when you do, you get coached for it.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 31, 2018
No room for advancement . You get beat up every day from customers wanting free items and/or returns. Customers know how to work the system and when you see a pattern with a certain customer, no one cares. Customers get more perks than the employees.
Pros
. Great people to work with
Cons
No schedule changes- if you want a weekend off, it’s impossible
there ok
Q/A-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 30, 2018
they are mad about missing a day there are no excuses they will take unless it is FMLA. do not trust the management of the FMLA poles go to HR and have them print a copy out for you.
HSN Review
Retail Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2018
Hsn is a great company for retirees, college students, high school students, and stay at home moms.

The atmosphere is fun and relaxing. The customers are very loyal.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and fun work environment
Set Stylist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 21, 2018
Great atmosphere, coworkers genuinely care for each other and try to help lighten each others work loads and offer amazing support. Management is amazing too!
Pros
Great Work life balance
Cons
pay could be better
Great company
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLMarch 19, 2018
You can work from home and the company is great. They aren't pushy on upsells. Friendly all around. They will work with scheduling. I just wish it wasn't only a seasonal position.
QVC Acquisition, No Current Opportunities
Specialist - SSC Command Center (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 16, 2018
I loved my work, but there was little to no room for advancement. QVC recently acquired HSN, not all under the umbrella Qurate company, and any departmental redundancies are being done away with. Not a good time to join the company. Little to no job security.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
departments are being shut down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSN. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.