HSN Employee Reviews

i loved working there just had no way back and forth
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNSeptember 12, 2018
very relaxed place love how you can wear anything management was great and helpful they train you very good to where you wouldnt have any questions about your job
Not the same place anymore
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2018
HSN has become increasingly sales oriented for the Customer Service Reps, having to upsell customers who call in. Customers often are very verbally offensive to the agents. Glad was able to get off the phones when I did but that department was shut down.
Pros
inhouse support team, on site break room
Cons
very time managed, very sales focused
work place experience
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 11, 2018
I will never recommend any one to work at HSN. The management is so bad and confused with the day to day activities and most of their employees and confused
Most of the people there are nice
Packer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 8, 2018
There is some bias and favoritism there but overall it isn't too bad. They don't adjust the work schedule and that is why I am unfortunately leaving.
Pros
Montly sponsored employee apreciation events
Cons
Favoritism makes some people untouchable
I loved working from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNSeptember 7, 2018
I loved working at HSN because it was a full time job with full benefits and I worked from the comfort of my home. I did not have to burn gas eat out for lunch or deal with irate customers directly.
Customer Focused Organization
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 1, 2018
HSN is dedicated to bringing customer quality products at a reasonable price. They are a data driven organization with associates searching the globe for new products to bring to their customers.
Pros
New and trendy products
Cons
Returns high
Must have a lot of patience
Fielded inbound customer service, sales (Former Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 30, 2018
HSN is a shopping channel and the majority of its customers are much older, you either get the incredibly mean and rude customers or you get a nice customers who are slower than most. This company does not care about its employees and only values making more money. You are pushed to meet certain call handling times that seem unrealistic to most. It is back-to-back calls your entire shift, you have to remove yourself from taking calls just to use the restroom or take a sip of water while also worrying about your compliance being effected. They enforce policies that can be bent for certain customers at your discretion, but you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. so you never feel like you are winning. Had a very bad experience at this company. Only benefit is working from home which saves money, but you will be miserable here.
Pros
Work from home
fast paced work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNAugust 29, 2018
A typical day at HSN is taking approximately 100 phone calls per shift. I learned to not take negative calls personal. The hardest part of the job was not being able to make every customer happy. The most enjoyable was working from home.
Pros
working from home
Cons
being evaluated on so many different levels several times a month
They never keep you in one spot they moved you around way to much it was a lil stressful
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNAugust 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work but it's stupid all these factory hqveing to go through these temp service.if a employee had a better job security they would want to work more and harder.
nice to work from home
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 23, 2018
I worked nights for 4 years and it was a good experience. There are a lot of goals and I think sales associates should get paid more. Overall a convenient job for someone who needs to make some extra money without travel.
Pros
great discounts, work from home
Cons
goals are high, high call volumes during holiday season, not guaranteed hours
Overall Summary
Buyer Profile Brands/Intimate Apparel (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2018
24 hour environment that is ever changing. Must be adaptable and a team player. Surrounded by talented, creative, smart peers makes the intense work atmosphere feel less stressful.
Improvements was a great place to work
Sr. Industrial Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2018
We were a subsidiary of HSN, and far away, so most of us had little interaction with HSN. We were happy to be able to sell some of our product on HSN, which greatly helped our bottom line. We had a good culture - we were a family.
great place
Website Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 14, 2018
Good pay and even better benefits. A great stepping stone to any career and much room for advancement. What made the job easy was the team work, everybody was willing to help to get the job done in a professional and timely manner.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TNAugust 14, 2018
HSN was a wonderful place to work. It had wonderful supervisors and was very understanding and flexible about working around family schedules and hours.
Nothing was ever good enough.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNAugust 10, 2018
At HSN the rules and regulations were constantly changing. the pace is very fast paced with a very stressful work environment. The pay was good but to weigh out the good and the bad, the bad out weighs the good.
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Backstabbers
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNAugust 9, 2018
I worked my butt off day in and day out for this company. Came in on my days off when they were short, so orders wouldn't fall behind. In the end they laid 125 of us off. I will never go back!
It's fun here!
Service Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2018
HSN has a really comfortable environment that really focuses on the customer. They are very engaging, and often bring in celebrities or have fun events planned in order to keep up work place morale.
Fun work environment, great products, great employee discounts
Spokeswoman/Model (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2018
-HSN is an all around the clock 24 hr job which gave me the opportunity to pick up shows when I was free
-Great vendors and stylists
-Learned to speak on air and how to improvise on live television
-Advantage of a great employee discount when wanting to buy a product
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2018
This was a very awesome job and I loved every minute of it. They were very family oriented and took time for their agents. The pay was good and had great benefits as well.
An overall great place to work. Would definitely return!
Customer Service (WAH) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2018
Just as with any Customer Service role, there can be challenges. But HSN made is possible to face the challenges with ease and direction. The overall interaction with management, customers and the company was a great experience and I would love to go back!
Pros
Great direction, leadership and accountability
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSN. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss