HSN Employee Reviews

Hsn has a really nice campus
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 12, 2018
Really liked working for HSN, I did enjoy the flexibility of the hours and being about to come in and make up time whenever it was available. Co-workers were about to give and take hours from each other, which I liked a lot. You didn't always have to use your PTO time if someone wanted to pick up your shift.
Managers were very good, although I went through several Managers in a matter of couple of years working there. All Managers method of training was a different style which I liked because I learned a lot and had different ways to approach situations involving my customers. The only thing I did not like was the fact the New Hires started off with making more money then what I started off with and took away our incentive percentage to compensate for the new Hire increase. I think HSN should have considered the ones like myself that's been there for a long time as well.
Pros
flexibility, good benefits for FT Employees, discounts on items
Cons
HSN does not pay much, Not hiring as often as before
Toxic Culture
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2018
Very poor workplace culture
Poor management team
Lack of accountability
Terrible communication between all levels
No work/life balance
Lack of teamwork
I love working at HSN.
Sr. On Air Producer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2018
HSN has been my home for over 15 years now. I met my wife there. Its been a great adventure for me to work there. The only reason I am posting my resume is to try and find something with more traditional hours. I would recommend looking at HSN to anybody who asked me.
Hsn
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 1, 2018
HSN is a wonderful place to work. I learned may things there and am grateful for the time spent with this organization. They need to continue focusing on the employees and look to get a better work-life balance for them. They need to look at the overall organization and make sure that all of the facilities and equally balanced with leadership and expatiations.
Good job!
Picker (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNOctober 30, 2018
Pay isn't the best, but it's fair. Decent benefits all around. Management is slightly above average, in my experience. Work is actually enjoyable! Very erratic work hours. Some months you're working 7 straight days at 12 hours a day, other months, you're lucky to get 30 a week. It's just the nature of the business. Supervision is very encouraging to employees, and helpful most of the time. Fellow employees will help whenever you need it. It's the type of place that really makes you want to do well.
Pros
Culture, and fun work
Cons
erratic work hours
excellent place to work
SALES (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 23, 2018
I am still currently working here and will continue to enjoy working here. I have great supervisors and have the flexibility to work from home. They treat their employees very well.
telephone sales job
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 18, 2018
I was hired as a seasonal sales customer service rep. This was the worst job ever! The phones are non stop -- you can't even get a breath in before the next call comes in. I couldn't stand the pace. HSN is trying to squeeze the most of each and every minute. This is like working in a call center in India. I don't know what the mgt jobs are like but this is a tough job.....
Pros
working at home
Cons
no time inbetween calls
Good place to work, but going through a lot of changes currently
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2018
I have had very supportive management. Currently, HSN is undergoing a merger with QVC, so there is a lot of disruption and re-organization. Otherwise, I like working here and feel there is good future potential.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Lots of disruption now due to integration with QVC
Planner (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2018
Good place to work, lots of advancement and good work place balance. Happy to be a part of the HSN community with lots of benefits and happy people to work with
Fast Paced Inviroment
Command Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 11, 2018
There were times you could not even go to the bathroom. Then there was times you had little to do. It all depended on what was going on at that time. If there was issues, you needed to find out what and contact the right department to fix it. This included answering the phone, emails, instant messages and even people walking in. You did what had to be done.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
very fast paced
Fast paced
Customer Svc./Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 10, 2018
Fast paced and fun with great work/life balance. Supervisor cares about your success. Metrics not within reason to properly take care of the customer.
Pros
Discounts, Discounted Lunches, Convenience leave, Buddy trades
Cons
Metrics not reasonable, Needs to listen to the employees more
Not Great
Senior Engineer of Financial Systems (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 5, 2018
Used to be better. Not sure where this company is going, likely not going to be here in the long run. Senior leadership is lost and likely wont get any better.
Culture is very do as I say
Vice President (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2018
It just is not the same since acquired by QVC.-the new Qurate Retail Group. There are a lot of chiefs and I have been unsure of how or why decisions are made.
Pros
Great salaries and employee discounts
Cons
work life balance and constant last minute requests
Very productive
Hybrid Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 26, 2018
HSN does a lot for their employees. Their always doing something, whether it's free treats, free lunch or a celebrity showing love. The job was very easy unfortunately for the amount of work they give us, we should be paid a lot more.
Pros
Free food, free gifts, lots of over time.
Cons
Pay
Fast pace atmosphere
Returns Associate (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNSeptember 26, 2018
The job itself is Fast Pace but it's not so fast you can't keep up its work your own pace you just go out of Goodspeed once you figure out what you can do supervisors could have been better the atmosphere itself could have been better
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long walk to smoke at the side of road at 3:00am
Great Company Overall, Sneaky behind the scenes
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 25, 2018
My time with them was good. I was a Loss Prevention Officer. After some leadership rearrangement, the old manager was let go and they brought in a different guy who brought in another manager from a different HSN site. They swore to the department that we were not getting outsourced, no one was losing their job. However, during Thanksgiving week, we were told that our department was being outsourced and in order to get our severance package we had to stay and train the private company coming in. If we chose to stay with the contracted company, we lost over two dollars per hour and all of our benefits as the new company didn't offer anything. I loved the people I worked with, I just think that the situation could have been handled differently.
Pros
Great Co-workers, fast paced at times
Cons
upper level disconnect
Talented team but very low work/life balance with no opportunity for upward growth
Designer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 24, 2018
There are many talented people to work and learn from within the company. However there is very little opportunity for promotion and personal growth. It is a 24/7 a day job with very little work/life balance. Employees seem replaceable and undervalued.
Pros
Large creative circle
Cons
Little to no professional opportunity
Good place for part time work
FLEX (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 13, 2018
I went in as a FLEX employee so I made my own schedule on an app on my smartphone. Sometimes shifts were cancelled but I knew that going in. Work isn't hard as long as you can be on your feet for 4-5 hours at a time. Management was a bit disorganized, but didn't bother me because I was only there temporarily. I would go back to work there if ever between jobs or if I just needed some extra money!
Pros
Not hard work
Cons
None really, except maybe management (most are okay and doing the best they can, but there are a couple that are clueless and not helpful)
i loved working there just had no way back and forth
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNSeptember 12, 2018
very relaxed place love how you can wear anything management was great and helpful they train you very good to where you wouldnt have any questions about your job
Not the same place anymore
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2018
HSN has become increasingly sales oriented for the Customer Service Reps, having to upsell customers who call in. Customers often are very verbally offensive to the agents. Glad was able to get off the phones when I did but that department was shut down.
Pros
inhouse support team, on site break room
Cons
very time managed, very sales focused

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSN. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HSN.

Powered by Comparably