HSN
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

HSN Pay & Benefits reviews

The job itself is easy/stress free. I basically get paid 13 dollars an hour to listen to audio books all day. The main con is the facility I work gives us mandatory overtime pretty much every week. I have no life outside of work. Everyone where I work is sick and tired of the mandatory overtime.
Pros
A lot of overtime money, easy, low stress, can listen to music.
Cons
If you work at a busy facility, you will be worked 50-60 hours every week. Say goodbye to having much of a life outside of work.
Great advancement opportunities, benefits, discounts through many platforms, healthcare, work culture, overtime opportunities, variety in the workplace, good Paid Time Off.
Benefits
Cons
I enjoyed this job like no other. I left only to pursue a related job with ownership opportunities. The job is ever changing and most positions are not just sitting behind the drs there are so many places to advance to with a diverse selection of opportunities depending on your dreams.
Pros
Great opportunities, benefits and environment.
Cons
This is a large campus don’t get caught up in drama
It's a fun flexible place to work. Managment is very good a coaching and days off are flexible. Get to meet lots of celebrities and get samples of the products they sell.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very busy calls
I began as a temp on Nov. 4th worked until June 1 before hired full time. My required hours was met in March. Once hired my supervisor told me I would get a $1.50 an hour raise, I waited 4 weeks (2paychecks), then spoke to her and was informed that was not possible. You get the title but not the pay. I loved the job, but leadership above team leads is worthless and a waiste of pay. I worked at the piney flats location.
Pros
Can wear pajas
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Job was easy and not very stressful. Expect to work 6 days a week and full 10 hour shifts in the winter during the holidays, and during the summer expect to be standing around doing nothing praying that they’ll let you go home early so you don’t have to keep sweeping the same area for the next 6 hours. Not a bad job if you like standing in one spot, doing the same thing for 10 hours straight.
Pros
Good benefits, easy job
Cons
Short breaks, not allowed to have your phone, very inconsistent hours
Not a bad place to work. Changes constantly. You can listen to music if your not a lead so that's cool. Some days are good some are bad. You will probably get bored of doing the same thing all the time though honestly.
Pros
Good hours most of the time.
Cons
Sometimes there are way to many mandatory hours.
When it comes to getting your allotted $.25 raise every 3 months for the first year you have to wait for several pay checks to actually receive it. They do not prorate it back to the official date of when you were supposed to receive it. They do not provide "sick days." You have to use YOUR accumulated vacation time or take it unpaid. You are provided 4 "floating holidays" per year however, those have to be "planned" & cannot be used for a sick day. Holidays are a use them or loose the situation as they so not carry over to the next year. You do receive an employee discount on products purchased from HSN as an employee. The "AHT" average handle talk time keeps decreasing lower & lower the longer you work there so you'd better be proficient and learn how to talk fast. You are allow to interject when they take a breath however, some people just don't take a breath so that extends you AHT because all you can do is sit & listen until they run out of their complaint. Some people call just to complain about the Post Office or UPS when you have absolutely no control over those companies. Product leaves our company is pristine boxes & arrived damaged, opened, etc. I've been with HSN for almost a year now & am going to start looking for a happier work environment meaning no more constant complaining. You'd better have thick skin with this position.
Pros
Working from hom
Cons
Please read my comments.
Summary: There is mandatory overtime during the holiday season, rude customers 24/7, broken systems/policies that they refuse to fix or take responsibility for, and many more grievances. If you work at home and have issues with your phone, computer, or internet and cannot work you get effected negatively and could end up getting fired. Pay could be better but it is decent and benefits are pretty good. Overall, I would not recommend customer service but you could do worse than HSN.
Benefits
Cons
Rude Customers, Strict Policies for Employees, Hard to Get Time Off Work
I was part of the electronics division where I was overworked, had little direction or support, and was consistently lied to by my management. They had me train associates above me without proper compensation. The only good thing about this job was that I learned an enormous amount about the purchasing industry.
They have very short call times in my opinion. Some calls can not be done quickly. One long call really hurts your call times. Training was pretty good with pay.
Pros
Good discounts for employees
Cons
I don’t think they let you take your time to effectively help the customer.
This is a good job if you want it to be! Motivated people who want to work can thrive in this environment. This is a standing job requiring 10 hour shifts. A positive attitude is the best way to make friends and progress.
Pros
Free food and prizes
It was okay , long hours & during training u CANNOT miss anydays or they will ask u to resign .Overall Decent Pay And Make Sure Your BAckrounds VERY VERY quiet or they will ask u to resign
My review is this. There are several things that are good about this job and several not so good. The best thing about this job is the pay of course. Pay progresses on a regular basis
Pros
pay
Great place to work. Easy as long as you meet your metric goals. Love working from home. Not stressful, can be fun at times. Some overtime available.
Pros
Discounts, bonuses, spendable kash, great benefits
Cons
Not too much room for advancement
I have worked for HSN for over three years now as a work from home customer Order specialist part time. The work is fairly easy and we usually are only super busy around the holiday season, which is nice.
Pros
Work from home, fairly easy work, easy to manage PTO
The job was fun but hard. Long hours but I enjoyed it. Management was a bit all over the place and was they were unsure what was going on on the floor as they were constantly in meetings.
Pros
Good pay, other employees, help when needed
Cons
Long hours, confused management
Tough to meet the required goals especially as a seasonal employee, you don't get commission or benefits or time of as a seasonal employee....they offer 30 minutes at a time called convince leave but it is only offer right before it starts and sometimes after it starts and only when they have scheduled too many people..there is alot of ot opportunity. Hard to find answers to questions and you need permission to be off the phone to research questions but its hard to get a supervisor to answer you. The company is unorganized and it is a stressful job..the customers are mostly nice
Pros
Discount 40%
Cons
Tough compliancr goals
During peak season you get one day off a week, and it usually lasts a few months so prepare to have no life during this time. When it’s not peak season however, YOULL BE LUCKY to get 30 hours a week. Besides a select few, management and supervisors are a joke. There’s constant drama, overall a very dull work environment. If you go through a temp you will be treated completely different and not receive the same benefits. I was out because of Covid TWICE, and wasn’t paid at all.
Pros
I wouldn't recommend working here, no flexibility and the pay is very low. Very stressful job. Customers were great, good discounts. You really have to way out the good with the bad
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
Had high hopes about my experience here but felt extremely let down. Repeatedly asked for feedback but was not told much of anything.. hardly had hours.. no chance to improve or advance.No benefits to speak of. I did not get the experience I was hoping for.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion
Cons
No stability, no helpful feedback, lack of hours, no benefits