HSS Inc. Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 19, 2018
clean and fun place to work. great manager and clean place. great pay and always make sure i have hours. i get a lunch break, and i always enjoy coming to work.
Depends on location
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2018
The first two hospitals that I worked at with HSS, the experience was a very pleasant one. Good people, good work environment, feeling appreciated and supported. Since transferring to Las Vegas, I have found that the company has lacked involvement into a newly acquired hospital. I feel that they made the mistake of keeping staff that was employed with the previous company and not stepping in to make the changes to HSS, while the security continues to operate under the previous company policies and procedures.
Pros
Paid time off, benefits
Cons
Lack of support (depending on location), no paid sick time
ok
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2018
This job is was just not for me. I needed to be active and just sitting there and not doing anything drove me crazy.i would get sleepy. you could not read a book or anything.
Pros
helping others
Cons
not able to keep yourself busy
fun place to work
3rd Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJune 29, 2018
Working for HSS is a good thing for me i started out as a supervisor and I has been promoted twice. i enjoy my job and this is a good company to work for, the are big on promoting within the company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
culture
Applications Specialist - Systems Integration (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2018
work is busy some departments have more work then others and get to do little work. new office keeps people that they want seen up front and the ones that make the money in the back. staff gets bullied by some management, poor communications
Cons
lack of pay
Horrible company to work for they dont care about the employees at all. All they care about is having people to fill a post.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
This is a job to hold you for the moment until you can find a better job. Don't expect to make a career at Hss they pick and choose who they want to advance.
Pros
40+ hours a week.
Cons
Short breaks, bad management and supervisors.
Worst company i have worked for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA, airportJune 19, 2018
Management has no skill in management. They lie to you. They won't return phone calls. They hire horrible people. It is not a place you want to work. They show favoritism to their friends. They don't terminate the ones that should be, instead they make them supervisors.
Pros
Not many
Cons
To many to list
Responsibility is a must.
AVIATION SECURITY AGENT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2018
Most of days are normal, relax environment with a responsibility to enforce airport regulations. Conduct vehicles inspections. Inspect accessibility to restricted areas.
Pros
relax environment
Cons
short breaks
HSS is ruining my marriage life!
Spouse of HSS Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2018
My significant other works there and I never get to see the person I married. I can't stand HSS's work schedule of 16 hours a day/5 days a week. They shouldn't let someone work that many hours. They are always short staffed and need coverage. They have a high turnover of employees and they do treat people as though they can and will replace you in a second. HSS is ruining my marriage!
Pros
Plenty of work, including overtime
Cons
Chronic shortage of employees.
Unrealistic goals for my possition
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2018
Others and even managers could see that the work load was more that one person could handle and be successful. A good work environment, most of the employees will take time to help, instruct or share knowledge.
Pros
Most of the people are very well educated and compassionate.
Cons
Non-revinue positions are paid below fair market earnings.

Want to know more about HSS Inc.?

Ask a question
Enjoyed my work environment.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2018
Enjoyed my work and made lasting relationships. A good company that invests in there employees to continue with educating them and keeping them up-to-date in the industry.
Pros
Company activities for team building and positive work atmosphere
It is okay
SECURITY DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
Working for this company is okay, but not as a career. You will work long hours if the company needs it. Favoritism does happen here and will help you advance faster. There is not much advancement. You have paid breaks which is okay but you will never really be able to eat your lunch in peace. Company has really bad and expensive benefits. Policy and rules change constantly. People get away with a lot if you are favored. If you are a hard worker majority of the time you will not get recognized or even a thank you, eventually they will just expect you to go above and beyond all the time with no recognition. You will be MOT at the last minute if someone calls off. If you are looking for a job where you can do a lot of OT this is the job for you. Hours of operation are kind of bad since its 24-hours so schedules have tight turnarounds depending on what shift you are working, Management is unorganized and unfair, they will take credit for your hard work and will turn around criticize you after. Management will give the people who have messed up multiple times multiple chances. Pay is not too bad but could be better. You do not get vacation hours only PTO and you will not be able to use it until after a year. Constant change.
Pros
Ot, Paid lunch breaks, Pay not too bad, Pto
Cons
Mot, Management, Unorganized, No vacation, Constant change, Hours, Schedule, Favoritism, No advancement
Simple
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 12, 2018
Working at the hospital for HSS requires attention and professionalism. The pay is not the greatest on the market, but there is always overtime available for those who need money or want to cash in a big check.

The job is simple, but not easy because of the hospital setting. You will be interacting with people from all races and different backgrounds as well as with the medical staff. Since the hospital has sensitive section and some patients require special care, there is no margin for error. One slightest mistake can get you terminated.
Pros
Payroll, free uniform, overtime and respectfull staff
Cons
Compensation
Don't work for this company!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2018
This company does not follow Texas state guard licensing laws, as your a level 2 guard with very little or no training and is expected to do level 3 work hands on take downs which is not allowed for a level 2 officer!
It's all about the money and client the guards are treated very badly by upper Mgr.
Don't work for this company it is the worst company I have ever worked for of my 30 years of experience in this buisnes!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything, very unprofessional management & company!
Better than most, but.......
Officer (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 9, 2018
Advancement is given to slackers, sleepers, dodgers and duckers. Experience, longevity, work ethics, proven loyalty and support is not a factor with HSS.
Pros
Education portals and access to IAHSS
Cons
Poor communication between mgmt and troops
It's a okay job to have.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 29, 2018
You run into some interest people, I learned don't be soft. Management they can work on a little better and think before giving a person a management role.
Hss
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2018
I work with this company for more 2yrs. I do driving patrol with company car is provided . I like my job because its not stress. This is my high paid job.
Life at HSS Systems Integration Division
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2018
HSS is an excellent place to work if you're able to work with your hands. Every job is different and you don't have to set and stare at the same desk every single day. They have great opportunities for advancement and give their technicians the freedom they need to get jobs done. Overall, great company to work for.
Not good as a life time job.
Securty Officer (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIApril 24, 2018
Can be unsafe working in the emergency room as the hospital and state of Hawaii will not allow personal protection equipment. Only rubber gloves. Have been assaulted several times. Money a little above average compared to other security company's. Management is okay but needs to take better care of good employees.
Pros
Paid lunch time.
Cons
People calling off. Getting stuck working extra shifts.
Need more pay!
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 24, 2018
The management is fantastic at the Concord Campus John Muir. They only complaint is that the officers are way under paid for the amount of work they do. They are getting $4hr less than the other hospitals that are less than 5 miles away. Thats why the good people are walking away, pay must go up!
Pros
management, employees
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight