HSS Inc. Employee Reviews

na
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 1, 2018
Over all working here was great. My first security job and spent 2 years there and was apply to be sub supervisor if needed. Good first time job expense as a security.
competitive work
hand wand and pat down employees (Current Employee) –  atlantaOctober 26, 2018
Job is consistent, but management is unorganized in office, would be better if they will offer paid vacations to part time employers. Also some will come to work late every week and some supervisors don't even care. You will get hours if you want them. But management needs to be more professional and organized than it needs to be,
Pros
discounts, may be asked to work overtime
Cons
no paid vacations, and it takes longer to move to part time to full time
Workplace
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIOctober 24, 2018
HSS. Is a well rounded and premier company to work for, they will supply you with skills to perform well on the job and career advancement in the company, and has lead to many advancing on into law enforcement.Great management and great place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
N/a
Bottom of the barrel
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
No advancement unless it benefits admin. Waited three years for first raise....got eleven cents. OJT is classroom only, newbies don't even know where the posts are. Seniority means precisely nothing.... unless it benefits admin. Poor staffing, cheap uniforms, the list goes on.
Pros
It's a (small) paycheck
Cons
See review
Stressful
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
This job will stress u out if u work in the Atlanta area. This is not a secure job they will fire you for any little thing . So u have to be on your toes at all times . The supervisors treat u like kids and they will snitch and get u fired for any little thing . They don’t give second chances . And the management in the office shows a lot of favoritism and they never scratch your back even if u scratch theirs . Very high turn over rate
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
Shorts ahh breaks . Poor management, over worked
Professional place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTOctober 18, 2018
Good place to start your future to become a police officer. Alot of overtime and they always professional in everyway. Good place to meet respected people at the airport and receive alot of professional tranning. Supervisor are very strict but it's for your best interests.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Short break
No raises, my Manager was fired, not a happy place
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 15, 2018
Too lax, no oversight, no benefits. There was little support or positive feedback for anyone, including our Manager. The corporate office was less than an hour away but we never had anyone visit. We were contracted by a major hospital chain but no one had received a raise in 7 years.
I enjoyed helping the patients, doing outside patrols, keeping my skills up in First Aid, use of the AED's and self-protective methods.
Pros
Exercise, uniform
Cons
Not enough training for new staff, never any positive feedback
Hss
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 15, 2018
This company was new to security and it showed. There was a scene of putting out a fire every day I would get pulled off of a project to get boots on the ground for another project just so they had someone show up.
Great people to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
I loved my job i worked Childrens hospital Highlands Ranch, just wished they paid more, great job for someone without a family tho

I patroled and sometimes had to sit with troubled or suicidal youth
Poorly Ran
Aviation Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 3, 2018
I was not satisfied with this company! Management needs better control of site and company as a whole not worth working for (and low money,hiring process, job duties) all in which could improve!
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Poor Management
Value company
Senior Recruiter/Front Range Colorado (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
Respected values, customer intrinsic, good hours, good training, welcoming culture, supported Military with hiring and location, allowing transfers/re-locations
Terrible company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoSeptember 23, 2018
A lot of favoritism, union was absolutely worthless all they did is take your money, with zero representation,if you worked the court house, you were constantly scrutinized and if for any reason at all they would send you home at the direction of the city.
Save your time and energy a completely bad company.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention.
IT Systems Admin & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2018
The people at HSS take their jobs very seriously. Their first goal is providing safety to their clients, employees, and the public. It's an honorable job, and an honorable company.
great team spirit and great growth potential.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 20, 2018
too much power struggles and it's starting to overflow in the job which is making the job stressful. I worked at healthcare where I responded to codes and monitor cameras the location was fun but the management is messed up but overall once you know what you stand for its a great opportunity.
Pros
N/a
Cons
short break period or non at all.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day is checking for prohibited items, and contacting law enforcement in case of emergency. Workplace culture is busy no lack for work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the different attitudes coming to your workplace.
love my co workers
Emergency room security guard (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CASeptember 18, 2018
love the people I work with but the pay is extremely low for the type of work we do. the rns and doctors at the facility is a pleasure to work with. need higher pay
Company is poorly managed
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2018
This company does not value their employees, they play favorites with the available overtime. They lie, cheat, steel, and disrespect their employees
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, respect, painful
Great place to work overall.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoy speaking with the staff as I do my rounds. I have learned how to relate to others in a crisis. Hardest part of the job is not having enough staff and some of the staff will not step up to help. So not a lot of team work. I personally since starting this job om March 4, 2018 have only worked a coupe of 40 hour weeks the rest a usually at 50 or more. The best parts of my job is the hours to work around my personal life, I am a full time caregiver for my husband. The pay is amazing. And most of all the post that I work at is amazing and make you enjoy going to work daily.
Pros
Pay and location
Cons
Lack of team work.
Used to be so much better
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2018
This company used to be much better, but in the pas few years it has declined greatly, and is no longer a good company to work for. They don't care about their people, and they just make everyone's lives miserable. They change the schedules and don't listen to complaints as to how this affects peoples' personal lives. Booo
Pros
Not anymoire
Cons
Pay, work environment, safety, schedule
Great opportunity and experience
Vice President of Aviation and Government Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time at HSS. I was able to learn and grow both personally and professionally. The internal training and career growth opportunities are very professional and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight