Hub Group
53Below average

Hub Group Employee Reviews

United States331 reviews
Productive opportunities for growth
Family orientated company with growth opportunity. I was given many opportunities to learn new skill sets while being promoted to a senior executive.I was given the opportunity to travel for the company for training of new programs and innovated initiatives.
Losing my job
I got hired on April 1st 2020. Then hub got out bidded and now I'm losing my job. they text you what time to be at work. I go to sleep at 4pm and I get the text at 630pm to be at work 12am - 1230am. So I got to wake up every 2 hrs to see what time to be at work or be late. They tell you your start time is at said time but it changes everyday. Now new company is starting Operations and is trying to give an 20-25% paycut
Toxic environment. Culture of fear.
Hub Group maintains a culture of fear. Nepotism and favoritism run rampant. Differing viewpoints from anyone without the family name are not welcome. This is a public company run like a private company. Senior leadership is
too afraid of the family to voice their concerns to anyone. Employees are simply not valued. Where is

the Board in all this? Never ending cost-cutting and a half dozen major reductions in force over last 2

years despite reportedly record financial results. Mass layoffs, restructured compensation and reduced

bonuses for employees, meanwhile the family has seen its compensation rise steadily over that time.

Compensation decisions are arbitrarily decided, without communication behind the decision and often

overriding the recommendation of the employee’s direct manager. Bonuses are routinely denied despite

employees’ satisfying pre-established metrics (and therefore earned and deserved). Multiple times over

the past couple years, offers were pulled from recruits after they had been accepted and already quit

their previous job. Several employees have been fired right before bonuses to avoid paying them out.

And all this during the most profitable two years in the company’s history! What happens now that the

economy has turned bad?
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Cons
Toxic culture, Nepotism, Greed, Bullying, Dishonesty, Immorality, Lack of true leadership, Hostile work environment, Absentee Board
Total confusion
Would not recommend any one to go there planner don't know what there doing. Manger i delt with did not listen.keep me waiting for loads.did not have good communication skills. Would lie to you and on yoy
Dependability
I really enjoyed my time at Hub Group. After working there for 13 years, I have worked with some amazing people. My trainers where the ones that always had my back.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This is a scam. Positive reviews are not employees
This is night work not days. Work starts at 2 to 4 AM. One must Tarp the truck frequently. Difficult loads to strap because of different material. You have to work on top of the trucks in the rain. Must have rain suit.

I was hit by an insurance scammer and knew that I had to be fired. So I left. Management convinced me to come back and they set me up to be fired anyway.

Tree huger runs office. Must kiss her behind. These are just bad people.
Churn and burn.
Free donuts and bagels on Friday. They will work you to the bone. No sense of accomplishment and no sense of accountability from management. Layoffs are common. Everyone lives with the day-to-day possibility of it being their last day. Nepotism is rampant. Every promotion is non-merit based. Either you know someone or you will not get promoted. It is a dead end job.
Best driving experience
Best trucking job I have had if I didn’t move I would still be there . They will will work with you if you need off and pay was great .president of the company listens to the driver and cares
Hub group in austell sucks
Go through a different terminal manager every year. Shows favoritisim to ceetain drivers. Paying approximately 7 drivers $20 and more and hour to be yards workers... Etc etc
Used to be a great company to work for
They are all about the mighty dollar now company has gone downhill considerably in the last 6 months when it comes to work environment and getting paid fairly
Good experience if you are looking for a transportation position
It is truly an experience and you need to take time to make sure the work culture is right for you working at any job. I needed a job at the time and did not take the culture into consideration.
Long Hours and Low Pay
The good. New trucks and trailers.
NO TOUCH freight, dock delivery.

The bad. 12+hour work days. Nights, weekends, and holidays required.

You will be at the mercy of Wal- Mart employees to get your truck unloaded in a timely manner.

The Pay sucks!!! You get activity/productivity pay. $15 per stop and .77 cent per mile. So to make any money, you need to driver about 300 miles per day! Most of you stops are DFW area local, so you ain't driving far. Also, $15 per stop. So if you are at a store or back haul for 30 minutes or 2 hours, all you are getting is $15!!! Some stores are faster than others. You can try to help unload, but management doesn't want you to. And Wal Mart doesn't want you to either.

Hub Group says you will get $1250 per week average, but what they don't tell you is that you will work 60+ hours per week to earn that.

So do the math; $1250 divided by 60 hours equals $20.83 per hour!

And some days, you will not average $20 per hour.

This Hub group account has very high driver turnover rates.

Truck driver jobs that have excellent work-life balance, don't have high turnover rates.

A job where you work less than 50 hours per week,

and average $25 per hour.

Just do the math, 50 hours multiplied by $25 per hour equals $1250.00 per week!
Pros
No touch freight, new tractors and trailers. 100% dock delivery
Cons
Long hours, low pay. Nights, weekends and holidays required. Slow Wal-Mart employees unloading your truck.
Ok place to work.
Ok place to work depending on what account you have. Hub Group is a dedicated company. You report to a site manager who is either helpful or not. If you work early morning hours you deal with central dispatch and not your site manager if you have a break down of any kind. Some accounts are paid hourly, daily, cpm. I luckily get paid hourly and to me thats the only way to get paid.
Slip seats and musical trucks suck, which is the game I have to deal with daily, not happy. The old site manager was really good with assigning us the same truck everyday but Hub Group decided to fire him and go with someone who has never driven a truck, thrown straps or worked any hard labor. Still adjusting but not happy. Miss the old site manager.

Work is good through the spring and summer months slows extremely in the fall and winter. You may have to take on a part time or deal with slow less than 40 hours a week during late fall through winter months. That all depends on the account you are working.

Hub Group has many accounts all depending on location.
Ok work depending on site
Pay was ok. Management is ok. Your experience depends on the job site.
If they lose or don't renew their contract your out of a job... Then you`ll be on the unemployment line.
Sketchy and Uncertain
The majority of days you wonder if you will be employed tomorrow. Irrational decisions are made at the top including ones fed by admittedly false data. Regardless of performance or glowing reviews, your position can be eliminated at any time without reason
Pros
Nice building
Cons
See above review
Terrible Organization
This place was the absolute worst job I’ve ever had. Left a great career for a larger title and larger scope of work. Left Hub voluntarily one year later due to terrible leadership. COO is a 32 year old clown, SVP in dedicated is a puppet and will not have your back. Beware and stay clear if you have any self respect. You’ve been warned.
Favoritism and cut throat
I worked for hub for almost 2 years out of the cleburne yard and in the beginning it was equal and fair everyone got a flat rate per hr but since they switched to miles and stop-offs they give the money loads to the same old favorites, putting all the power in dispatches hands extremely high turn over rate now, it’s got so bad the fleet manager up an quit a week ago with no warning
Enjoyable Experience
Typical day at work involves me picking up delivery products and dropping it off at a destination. An enjoyable experience I had work was being on the road by myself and connecting with the customers.
Overall it’s not a great company to work
There is absolutely zero process in this company. Not much value to the performance testing in this company after the Vice President left the company.
Worst Place to work
I've never written a review but if I can help anyone to avoid working here I will.This is absolutely the worst company to work for. I would put down the department I belonged to but no matter who you talk to in the building everyone feel's the same. Management is an absolute joke, they fire people left to right to avoid paying increases and bonus. HR doesn't even help out with concerns. Favoritism to the max at this place. I have noooo Pro's to this place. Seriously the money is not enough for the high school feeling they put you through. RUNNN!!!!
Innovative Company
Hard-working company, but workplace culture needs mass improvement. Chances for advancement, if you put the work in. Management, depending on division will take care of you. Compensation is fair.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.7
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hub Group.