Hub Group Employee Reviews

Lack of Communication
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 31, 2018
This place was taken over by Hub a year ago. The communication is not there nor is the culture. I feel they are extremely unorganized as a large company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture, Communication, Disorganized
Hub group
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work, good environment, nice trucks, clean environment, well maintained equipment and great great community. Would recommend to anyone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 16, 2018
Hub Group is a good place to work,the wages are more than competitive,they take good care of us as hole company,Management actually knows you by name instead of just an employee number
Very fast paced work environment
Yard Driver (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 26, 2018
Very fast paced work environment. Many employees drive at a speed in the warehouse yard that is not very safe. I keep my speed steady and safe at the same time not slowing production.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Fellow employees sacrifice safety for speed
You are a number
Site Manager for Dedicated Drayage account (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 20, 2018
Those in mid to upper roles only see you as a cog and not as an individual. They all have their own agendas which always put you in the middle of every department raging war against each other
Misleading people
Dedicated driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
They take advantage of drivers fail to pay what they promise recruiters lie continuously about pay fail to give you correct info .onboarding have no clue and you may end up paying your hotel stays
Pros
Cons
Misleading company
I love it
Class A CDL Truck DriverClass a CDL (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2018
This probably one of the best jobs I’ve had you go work your five days and you’re off the same two days every week you’re not forced to sleep in your truck the whole time and if you have ken as dm Your money will always be right
Pros
Steady pay and consistent
Cons
Some overweight loads at some pick ups
Lot's of phone calls
Yield and Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 13, 2018
As an inventory manager there I was moving inventory from one place to another. Very boring work and everyday was the same thing over and over.

Additionally, 30 minute breaks are unrealistic.
Overall a great job to learn the industry.
Highway Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
My experience at HubGroup was very positive. Every day I came in ready to work because of the fast paced environment and great co workers. Very positive environment to learn and work in and I would recommend HUB to anyone.
Hhuu
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2018
I really do not have anything to say about hub Group other than they not worth working for if you ask me you have to keep coming in asking for a truck
Professional environment
Owner Operator/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
The management team is professional. The team usually has a prepared schedule to meet daily quotas. The employees are typically satisfied with work conditions.
Sketchy, Unethical Management, does not hire based on merrit
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 8, 2018
I worked for Hub Group Highway Division Toledo for 6 months. At first it seemed like a great place to work and the hours were good but that was during the peak season. Once things slowed down it went down hill. They moved me departments claiming corporate downsizing had reduced the amount of space available in the department I was in so to continue working there I had to move. I moved under the verbal conditions that I would be transferred back once things picked back up. That never happened. I get a call from my Aerotek Rep asking me me if I knew any other people who wanted to work in the department I got moved from because they had a bunch of openings. That should have been a major red flag. The manager at i the department i got moved to got promoted and another manager to over. This manager said they heard good things and it was recommended I got hired in. A couple months later things slow down again and all a sudden I'm being told I not doing anything right and they were letting me go, no warning, no corrective action or anything and they even had me train my replacement! My co-workers were great it's just a shame a couple poor managers lying to and screwing over their employees ruin what a good workplace it could be. My recommendation, get your training, get your money and then GET OUT!!!
Pros
Company Activities, random free lunches, good co-workers
Cons
Lying Management, Sketchy practices lying to customers. Terrible Hours
Account Management Team Stretched Very Thin
Senior Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 9, 2018
Beautiful building with great views and very nice cafeteria. Management and key account team stretched out very thin with constant issues knee jerk reaction expectations. Team was great to work with, however, it felt that the work day was never done and when you did leave for the day the work continued to come in after hours and felt that you were never able to catch up and always working from behind.
Pros
Beautiful building and work place
Cons
Always working from behind, too many accounts per manager, unable to fully handle and cater to customers
family oriented
Truck Driver/ Trainer/ Yard Hostler (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Hub Group Trucking. I appreciate how huge they are on safety. If I had an issue management addressed it promptly. I liked the equipment because it was comfortable and safe.
Pros
easy going company
Cons
n/a
Hub is a growing company developing its appeal to new employees
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
Hub Group is an industry leader in the 3rd party Intermodal industry. They have begun to address their Company Culture to appeal to new and existing employees. They are continually trying to get the right blend of individuals in place to be on the forefront of their industry. I respect, and admire how the Company had evolved over the 15 years I was employed by them.
Average place to work
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2018
Average place to work. The environment is good and I have learned additional leadership skills while working for the company. The hardest part of the job is the obstacles that arise in moving products via rail.
$10 per hour 0.21 per mile at 1100 miles a week
Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 9, 2018
Low pay. Slip seat intermodal company. Blue Cross Blue Shield run $123 a week if you walk into the Emergenci room it’s a $300 co pay
Drivers don’t get promoted. New hires take priority over old drivers - it’s cut throat. Don’t get friendly with co workers . Pay raises are $10 per hour but after 10 years you can top out at $ 14.83.
The 15 days of vacation is nice $200 per day ( 5 years of service. ) the Memphis yard slip seats.
Hotel card pays up to $ 125 per night
The owner operators tend to last about 90 days before they go broke
Company Drivers. Turn over rate is about 80%
Five years in and I still have to beg for loads
Pros
Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance for $140 a week / family
Cons
Low miles- $10 per hour- no layover no paid detention/ rail yard
Stressfull
Truck Driver Intermodal (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILApril 5, 2018
New management came in with new terminal screwed everything up. Hardest part of the job was dealing with poor equipment and very bad training. Most enjoyable part of the job was the commute to and from work.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
poor equipment long hours low pay
Challenging, fast paced operation
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 12, 2018
A typical day at work as a Site Manager at Hub Group challenges you to make quick, decisive decisions throughout every shift. Senior Management is available and easy to communicate with when needed. The office culture always revolves around safety and getting every employee home to their families at the end of the day. Even though the job is extremely stressful and challenging, making as many moments fun and enjoyable is encouraged. The hardest part of the job is keeping a full staff of drivers, since temp usage is restricted in the contracts. However, finding the right employees that want to grow in their positions with the operation becomes the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Operational challenge interrupt your personal life regularly
Great place to gain experience.
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 12, 2018
Hub Group Inc. is a great company to get your foot through the door, but that's about it. The company has gotten rid of many employees while working there and there tends to be a bias when the company evaluates candidates for promotions. Don't get me wrong, one will get the experience and opportunity needed to be successful in Transportation, but it would be a stretch to say Hub Group Inc, is a company where you have job security. It seems like every couple of months there is turnover.
Pros
Entry Level Experience, Strong Environment within Departments
Cons
Job Security, Departments are not treated equally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss