Hub International Employee Reviews

Good Company Overall
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 13, 2018
It's a nice place to work, however, people have a lot of responsibilities and expectations and management is not working with staff to provide a balance. Lots of work will be thrown at you with very little help and of course with very high expectations. Employees for the most part are overwhelmed and not very happy.
Pros
Great Environment, Charity Events, Great Office Manager
Cons
Overwhelming amount of work with no help, lack training
Fast Paced enviornment
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2018
Not for the faint of heart, Very fast paced environment and a lot of micromanagement. High expectations with little explanation of what to do. Too many people working on accounts but not working in tandem so there is a lot of overlapping with the clients.
Pros
Opportunity to learn the Large accounts
Cons
Too much favoritism and micromanagement
Good Company
Account Manager - Nonprofit Division (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2018
Good company to work for. Cares about employees more than you would expect a large company to. Does like to hire unqualified employees for positions. Does not hire within often.
A typical day
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 20, 2018
Clock in---grab a cup of coffee. Greet anyone that may be grabbing a cup as well. My cubicle partner normally doesn't show up for another 30mins. Log-in into all work desk apps. Prioritize my work load. Check emails and make necessary responses. Wait for work load to be generated by lead. Take my first 15 min. break by 10:30am. Lunch is schedule for 12:30pm. I have a whole hour to eat or sleep. I take my last 15 min. at 3:00pm. Clock out at 5pm and leave for the day.
Pros
Work was easy
Cons
Pay
N/a
Vice President Operations (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2018
Lot of challenges were presented within a short period of time. consider them as opportunities to grow. Completed a system conversion and an overall restructuring simultaneously.
Heavy Workload
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 13, 2018
Heavy workload and high expectations. Have to work lots of overtime to keep up with the demad. The better you are the more work you get. Good employees get burned out quickly.
Steady Work
Premium Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 10, 2018
Pay is not comparable to the amount of work that is given.
The manager is incompetent & chose to hire & favor her former coworkers & friends.
Typically I would come into work, check my emails, then work on my tasks in our companies task master program.
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with, not management, but the people at my same level.
Pros
Free Lunches
HUB as a whole is great
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
I came in a bad time. Lots of changes happening and the department I was on was eventually closed. I liked the people there. I liked the location and the hours.
Ok comapny
Personal Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 7, 2018
No room in my position for advancement. Decent benefits and paid time off. They do have high customer service standards and like to treat the clients with respect.
Fast-Paced & Sales Driven
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 5, 2018
Fast paced workplace focused on sales. Teams vary in organizational structure and operational directives. A tremendous amount of flexibility is required for success at this dynamic company.
It's a job.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 5, 2018
It is a job. There's no room for advancement, but the pay isn't minimum wage. The benefits are not great. They will only allow a 30 minute lunch break and are very meticulous about keeping track.
Cons
short lunch
Fast paced, lively insurance broker
Enrollment Technology Specialist (ETS) (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 25, 2018
Lively place with hard working people dedicated to the customer experience and employee engagement with employee appreciation events, including lunches, and lively all hands meetings.
Productive company
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2018
This company was awesome, learned a lot about Insurance. Would of loved to learn more but didn't get the opportunity. Everyone was friendly and a joy to work for. loved my boss
Pros
retirement
Cons
hours
Hub is a respected leader in the insurance industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 13, 2018
Hub offered excellent benefits and a very nice working space. My manager was a wonderful woman who always took everyone's best interest to heart. The corporation was well run as a whole, and it was a perfect job in the insurance industry.
Pros
Excellent staff and benefits
Cons
Very stressful handing untruthful clients and large customer base
Fun Place to work
Mortgage Tracking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 26, 2018
Okay company to work for. All in all as a whole the company was okay. The Training was the greatest benefit as it was for 6 weeks and by the time you were on the floor you were pretty comfortable.
Should be Better
Anonymus (Current Employee) –  LocationJune 21, 2018
Top-heavy, extremely disorganized insurance company. Poorly-led and operated. Turnover rate is very high. Reputation within the industry is poor. Benefits package for employees is terrible. Nepotism is rampant. Only positives are flex-time and nice facilities.
Pros
Flex-time and remote working. Nice buildings.
Cons
Almost everything else.
Poor Corporate Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
Employees are extremely under appreciated. Leadership would like to have prospective employees believe that there is room for growth at HUB, but that could be further from the truth. Many employees are overworked and underpaid. The only way to succeed at HUB is to become a favorite or be related to someone on the executive board, otherwise you're treated poorly.
Cons
No career advancement, poor benefits, low pay
Job Responsibilities
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTMay 29, 2018
worked for an agent - met his clients surveyed needs of new clients, answered client claim and benefit issues, marketing benefits spreadsheets presented to client did presentations
Typical Day at Work
PERSONAL LINES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 29, 2018
Overall, a busy place. They moved personal lines to New Jersey so the whole department got laid off. The location was good. Coworkers were helpful and friendly.
Great Perks & Culture, long hours
Regional Trainer/ Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 17, 2018
The culture and perks at Hub are great. I definitely felt like a member of the team and felt valued. The pay was not competitive
and the benefits were not great.
Pros
flexibility in hours and work schedule, great perks
Cons
Had to work too many hours, too big of book size.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight