Hub International Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere..friendly co-workers..no micro managers.
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSMay 14, 2018
Relaxed work place. Minimal supervision and good managers. Friendly co-workers. This was a really good place to work from a contract employee stand point. Regular full time employees seemed happy, content.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Lack of communication between departments
Great learning experiance.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 4, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at HUB International, but feel it is time to move forward. My experience has been wonderful and I have learned so much. The people are great and everyone gets along well. Most of the team loses their earn PTO due to the work load. That could be because we all have high standards and a lot of work ethic. Pretty stressful most of the time due to the heavy work load.
Pros
Great people. Many different work tasks that are sometime fun for me.
Cons
Very heavy work load and unable to use PTO much. Not much structure.
Good Place to work if your willing to accept the minimum wage
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 29, 2018
While I worked with this company, the managers are polite but be careful like in any job, if you don't do as they said they are used to retaliation. Managers keep their hard feelings on anyone and are very immature. Company policies are very strict, with low pay rates, colleagues are very rude even the Human Resources Manager. They are looking to hire straight college students just to take advantage of salary requirements. Overall, this place is good for learning but not a place to stay for good. You have to be the son of someone with high authority to see progress with this "company".
Benefits
Cons
Immature Management, Retaliation and Poor Work Environment
Very relaxed atmosphere
Associate Program Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
My day start from 7 to 4.. Process quotes.. issue policies.. send out Cert of insurance or Evidence of propery.. Work is no stop.. We have 5 online rating system I work with daily.
Hub International
Client Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 23, 2018
At Hub I work on small to large commercial accounts. Most of which are construction. I do the marketing of the policy lines at renewal. Working with the company underwriters on pricing and commission amounts. Once the renewal quotes are received, I pull together the proposal the Producer and/or Account Executive use to present the package renewal. Once approved by the insured, then I would contact the underwriters to bind the coverage as quoted or with changes. I am back up to the person that handles the day to day things that may come up for an insured. Issuing certificates, making policy changes, or setting up new lines of business.

There is no real growth available at Hub. As a Client Services Agent, I would probably be a Client Services Agent forever.
Pros
The people are great to work with.
Cons
no chance of growth
Corporate Structure
Sr. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2018
HUB is a large corporate brokerage that employs many people of different abilities and knowledge levels. As with any environment, if you work with colleagues who pull together, it is very positive.
Pros
Great office locations; nice employees
Cons
national structure may cause all locations to be affected by glitches
They'll hire you but they won't train you
Riverside - Cash App Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 20, 2018
They'll hire you but they don't train very well and then blame the employees for doing a bad job. Their bad managers just get moved around instead of receiving better training or getting replaced.

Overall the company has good culture but they also don't believe in pay increases. Last year I received an annual bonus of $0.30 and this year I was informed I won't be receiving an annual bonus because I had earned a promotion a few months back.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, friendly coworkers
Cons
Bad training, no bonuses or pay increases
Great place to work. Would recommend to other people.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2018
Great place to work. Would recommend to other people.

Worked in a team environment. Fast paced, very busy during the month.

Worked with people in the other offices, offices in all parts of the US.
Excellent Manager
Commercial Lines Processor/Receptionist/Notary (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTApril 7, 2018
In a very small town in Montana we maintained a large list of clients, the co-workers and management made the job more enjoyable. The amount of work-load per pay was not even. Better compensation would have helped to keep us around longer.
Pros
Management and coworkers were fantastic
Cons
Wage is low for the amount of work
Poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 4, 2018
Unless you work in accounting, the management will never back you up. No management credibility at all. Low pay, back stabbing culture. Avoid this company
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Pay, management, culture
Good place to work if you are placed in the correct role
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2018
Employee Benefit manager is good. HUB offers good service and resources to it's clients. The culture is casual depending on which department you work for. Management is attempting to place highly skilled people into positions for which they may be too skilled. There is a culture of distrust and disrespect between the purchased companies.
Great Place to Work
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 2, 2018
Everyone is nice. Good Benefits. Employees are shown appreciation for job well done. Community involvement in fundraising events, as well as fundraising events at work.
benefits
Cons
can't rollover vacation time
Entry level Position
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 28, 2018
I was excited to hit the ground running. I was promised promotions if I worked hard and got my insurance licence. I jumped in with both feet. Learned the job I was hired for as Office Administrator. I also jumped into books and registering for my license in Insurance. I worked very hard and passed with flying colors after one test. I began applying for promotions and was told that I should focus on the job I was hired for not the job I want. WHAT!? After a year of working in this entry level job, I was reprimanded for being too ambitious and wanting to move up in the company. The office manager made if very clear to me that I was too focused on moving up. Never in my life have I ever been faced with people treating ambition as a negative thing. .
Pros
Generous Holidays
Fast Paced and Innovative but with some politics
Specialist (Current Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 26, 2018
Great place to be working with good people, however, there are a few individuals that prove challenging and like anywhere else, your manager creates either a good or monotonous work-life.
Overworked and Underpaid
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 15, 2018
Best part of the company was the other employees. Many friendly faces and good people. Worst part of the company is they use and abuse you for the dollar. Felt overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Coworkers, Benefits
Cons
Salary, Fast-paced and stressful at times
HUB Is a great place to work
Accounting Direct Bill Commission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 7, 2018
I am only leaving due to accounting moving to Riverside, CA. I tried to move to another department, but the salary was not right for me. The workload was heavy but that is most places I believe.
Professional environment with great atmosphere
CISR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2018
great place to work, room for growth, good benefits. Though there are a lot of employees coming and going, it is mostly due to the fact that they are gaining experience and either moving up or transferring to other HUB Int'ls locations.
Pros
Great to gain additional experience.
Cons
The hardest part of the job
Direct Bill Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 5, 2018
overtime is mandatory, managers are not understanding, high expectations, low pay, not many opportunities to move up in the company, same day routine
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Not bad
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2018
Growing Company with much to do. No real complaints, except they lay off accountants when they acquire new branches. Fast passed and hard working culture. Free snacks and drinks.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Lay off Accountants when they acquire branches
Terrible Management of EB Service Team
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2018
HUB San Diego Employee Benefits has placed the wrong people in position of managing the service team. They are NOT people oriented at all. Hard to have a manager managing service people and they are NOT service oriented.

Many times they are rolling out a cart before the horse and always playing catch up. Not a good way to do business!

MANY Employee Benefits employees are seeking work elsewhere.
Pros
Good benefits, overall good people
Cons
They stopped matching the 401(k) until the last day of the year, and ONLY if you are still employed on the last day! Management needs a lot of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight