Hub International Employee Reviews

Warning Don't work for HUB International Colorado
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 19, 2019
* Terrible Management
* Management says one thing and does another
* Management does not care about employee's
* HUB is a risk management provider and provides EPL insurance, but they promote a hostile work environment.
* Personal lines Manager is a completely unprofessional and is a bipolar maniac!
RUN, DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
A lot of favoritism, poor management, producer allowed to act as manager
Policy Associate (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJanuary 19, 2019
Unhealthy and stressful work environment. Low pay, mediocre benefits. Revenue generated by the Producer is valued more than the Producer treating coworkers with respect. Bottom line is the micromanaging and unfriendly behavior from the Producer is allowed to continue. The arrogance is sickening. Not worth the aggravation.
Pros
Cons
Cons plenty
Great place to grow your accounting career
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2019
The office is relaxed, dress code is business casual with jeans every day. It has been a great place to learn and grow. The company is looking ahead to what the future looks like and is adjusting their model accordingly.
You are only limited by yourself in terms of where you can go and what you can do.
The workload changes throughout the year and the leadership is very open to how to do things better. There is a mindset of continuous improvement.
Pros
casual dress, great benefits
Steady employment
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 6, 2018
great place to learn and grow but VERY slow moving, not alot of opportunity to advance. hardest part of the job (if in service) is the inflexibility of the work hours.
Management is very poor.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2018
Management is very poor that people are keep leaving the company. And too much work for entry level employees compare to senior level. Workload is very unfair.
Poor management, unfair, each Hub office operates differently
Never knew for sure (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 21, 2018
Job ad makes it sound as though you will be working for a large corporate office, but you are not, you are working for a separate office of its own under hub that are each different in their own way and are allowed to be as long as each office abides to the corporate Hub rules & are profitable. Makes for a hostile environment & poor management because the "higher ups" truly have no idea what is exactly going on in each office. They just assign someone within each office to be "office manager" so they have a slight connection to the employees. I worked in a ma & pa office, literally. Sooooo much family drama within the family that worked there... very disturbing. Because of that structure I felt like a nobody, not important. I didn't even have a real title for my position in that office, hub corp said i was acct manager, but the office itself had my title as "customer service representative" even though my job description was 100% acct manager. also, Its was BS cause the Hub corp rules applied 100% to me and other employees that were not in the true family, and the rules No way applied to them (mom, dad, brother, sister) many, many, many times they even brought there kids in the office all day during working hours 8-5 running around the office, loudly, was like a daycare!!! Awful!!!! No feeling of job security because if anyone was to be cut, let go it would for sure be the non-family member. BE CAREFUL working for "Hub" because every office is different in sooo many ways! and the higher up management doesn't care, they do not have your back unless your an office  more... manager. I worked in that hostile, drama office for nearly 2 yrs and i was forced to quit because they wouldn't let me make up time or work w/ me so that i could go to few dr appts that i had to go to after my major surgery. Yet the family was able to come & go as they pleased (bring kids in all day during summer & no school days!) and as they needed. It was Awful too that even the higher up I approached regarding my medical appt needs for the short time agreed with the family office managers and literally told me in email I can either quit or continue my M-F 8 to 5. I'd never recommend working for Hub, no security or fairness.  less
HUB International
Employee Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2018
Loved working at HUB international. I got to work with a great group of people who were friendly and eager to help me with anything I needed. I was able to keep busy with projects that other co workers needed.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons that I could see
Productive company room to grow in insurance field
Bilingual Receptionist / Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJOctober 3, 2018
A typical day at Hub International was pleasant workplace culture. Acquired knowledge of differences in insurances. Access to in house insurance spreadsheets and multi line telephone system
Pros
Pleasent work culture
Cons
part time not health benefits
Totally professional, friendly and fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 2, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Company offered excellent benefits . Always offered opportunities for personal growth through various training sessions, Corporate & Departmental meetings. Annual increases and performance reviews.
What you put in, you get out.
Sales Executive, Client Benefit Plans (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2018
Not for the faint of heart, very demanding but very financially rewarding if you apply yourself and have drive. Lots of play time offered, but discipline is necessary to make your goals - or you are out.
Good Company Overall
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 13, 2018
It's a nice place to work, however, people have a lot of responsibilities and expectations and management is not working with staff to provide a balance. Lots of work will be thrown at you with very little help and of course with very high expectations. Employees for the most part are overwhelmed and not very happy.
Pros
Great Environment, Charity Events, Great Office Manager
Cons
Overwhelming amount of work with no help, lack training
Fast Paced enviornment
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2018
Not for the faint of heart, Very fast paced environment and a lot of micromanagement. High expectations with little explanation of what to do. Too many people working on accounts but not working in tandem so there is a lot of overlapping with the clients.
Pros
Opportunity to learn the Large accounts
Cons
Too much favoritism and micromanagement
Good Company
Account Manager - Nonprofit Division (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2018
Good company to work for. Cares about employees more than you would expect a large company to. Does like to hire unqualified employees for positions. Does not hire within often.
A typical day
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 20, 2018
Clock in---grab a cup of coffee. Greet anyone that may be grabbing a cup as well. My cubicle partner normally doesn't show up for another 30mins. Log-in into all work desk apps. Prioritize my work load. Check emails and make necessary responses. Wait for work load to be generated by lead. Take my first 15 min. break by 10:30am. Lunch is schedule for 12:30pm. I have a whole hour to eat or sleep. I take my last 15 min. at 3:00pm. Clock out at 5pm and leave for the day.
Pros
Work was easy
Cons
Pay
N/a
Vice President Operations (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2018
Lot of challenges were presented within a short period of time. consider them as opportunities to grow. Completed a system conversion and an overall restructuring simultaneously.
Heavy Workload
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 13, 2018
Heavy workload and high expectations. Have to work lots of overtime to keep up with the demad. The better you are the more work you get. Good employees get burned out quickly.
Steady Work
Premium Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 10, 2018
Pay is not comparable to the amount of work that is given.
The manager is incompetent & chose to hire & favor her former coworkers & friends.
Typically I would come into work, check my emails, then work on my tasks in our companies task master program.
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with, not management, but the people at my same level.
Pros
Free Lunches
HUB as a whole is great
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
I came in a bad time. Lots of changes happening and the department I was on was eventually closed. I liked the people there. I liked the location and the hours.
Ok comapny
Personal Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 7, 2018
No room in my position for advancement. Decent benefits and paid time off. They do have high customer service standards and like to treat the clients with respect.
Fast-Paced & Sales Driven
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 5, 2018
Fast paced workplace focused on sales. Teams vary in organizational structure and operational directives. A tremendous amount of flexibility is required for success at this dynamic company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight