Hubbell

Hubbell Employee Reviews

United States616 reviews

lightingplantsupervisorproductionmanufacturingunionovertimehot

hot and heavy work

Old factory, you might even get rained on at your workstation. Very hot, up to 140 degrees in the summer, have seen as many as 28 days straight work days then 1 day off before starting all over again.

Good people

Everyone was helpful and easy to get along with. The chemical smell is overbearing and it's messy work. I probably would have stayed longer if the commute wasn't terrible.

Hubbell insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Alright place

Management sucks. Hard to move up pay not good. No personal time no way to check your points. Slot of favoritism going on. They make a lot of money and set record profits every month but none of that money goes to the employees management get big bonuses but they want to give you 50 cents every year that’s what the union negotiated

Cool

Good pay really really good benefits as well. Work isn’t that difficult once you have gotten the hang of it but it is definitely fast paced and consistent

Good Company, Great Pay and Benefits

I’ve been with Hubbell for 3 months now as an HR Leader and I absolutely love my job. Leadership is good and I’m able to implement processes and make positive changes. The company does a lot for their employees in exchange for hard work and dedication. Big company security but small company atmosphere.

Ok place to work

First off make sure your pay is what they said it will be, I wasn’t getting my shift premium at first and they didn’t even give me back pay…. They also just switched to 8hr shifts.

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work. They make you work so many hours don't give you room to move up they don't give you raises for nothing even if you are one of their hardest workers. They like taking advantage of people and not allowing people to take their loved ones to the hospital and giving the a Dr note stating I was there did not clear me so I got suspended for 20 week days so a whole 4 weeks

plenty of work, lots of overtime, nice and helpful co work, solid company typical management thumb's up hot in the summer cold in winter, ok company

There is always work to do.Plenty of overtimeTypical managementLearn something new everydayLong daysWeekend workAttendance policy is not badCo Workers are helpful

Pros

Summer Fridays

Cons

unpleasant work place

Bought out by big company who wants fewer people to do more work.

The engineers with the highest talent levels were blamed for failures in development process which were really failures of management to allow time for proper R&D. Of course this talent left for better jobs and the new owner fails to hire enough new people, expecting the remaining people to do all the work of their team. As a result there is little time for cooperation between groups.

Cool and interesting work, HR was a total nightmare

The work was interesting to learn and my coworkers and trainers were easy to learn from. There seemed to be a lot of drama, specifically union centric. Overall the work experience was fine, it was just when covid hit and I had to deal with HR that it turned sour. When I attempted to come back from my approved covid leave with doctor ordered accommodations, they said they would contact my physician and get said accommodations verified and set in place. The following Monday I received an email stating that they were terminating me. They never contacted my doctor to see what accommodations I would need, and told me instead that I was "too sick to work" without consulting me or my doctor before making that determination.

Pros

Union

Cons

Short breaks, HR terrible, mandatory overtime

Great Job!

Pay is great, benefits are great and the overall work environment is great as well. I love working here. My manager is a great leader and everyone is very welcoming.

Who you know and not what you know

Mosy of the people are friendly. Nepotism is an issue. Very hard to move up in the company. There are no formal processes and employee work plans are limited.

Laid Back

Laid back and a good place to work at, the compensation is mediocre but very laid back. I like working here and would recommend it to someone else....

Advancement

If you are a good worker with good attendance you will advance quickly . I would say they need better training and teaching for all departments. If you catch on quickly you will advance.

Pros

Room To grow

Cons

Sexist

Productive and relaxed environment

Good company , management and pay could be better but overall its a good place to work. A typical day is running my machine getting rate and going home. There's nothing really hard about the job at all.

Pros

paid lunch, 8 hour shifts, rarely work weekends

Cons

short breaks, one break on 8 hrs

Leadership very unprofessional and cliques;

The division I worked at had mostly men “the good ole boys club” and corporate management was very cliquey and unprofessional. I believe Hubbell could be a great company if they did an overhaul of management from the top down.

Good co-workers, poor HR, awful management

Currently always understaffed, causing almost constant overtime. Some managers are good to work for, but not many,Is the pay worth the stress? Probably not!

Good pay does not compensate for poor culture

Salary structure is strong, but is not worth the unhealthy work culture created by management. Do not let them know you’re a good employee or they will rely on you to carry the load for the slackers. Company is focused on being profitable (which is, of course, justified), but they do not provide the support for employees to reach the financial goals the company expects. Be prepared to chase your tail and constantly ask “who’s on first”. Disorganization is rampant and manufacturing processes are antiquated and ineffective.

Great people, Warranty Engineering is the punching bag of Hubbell Engineering team.

A typical day at work has you managing several claims about the same 3 fixtures from all across the country. With COVID affecting supply chains and lead times this job was a total nightmare.

Terrible management and terrible culture.

There is talks to do things a certain way, but never any action. Terrible management in terms of people management. They keep making money year after year, so this problem is never solved.

Management is terrible

Hubbell used to be a great place to work, it no longer is. If you speak English you are probably the only one. There is not much to do, so if u enjoy standing around or sweeping you will love it.

Pros

Union company

Cons

Terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hubbell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss