Hubshout, LLC Employee Reviews

Digital Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Was really interested in the employees and customers. Training was excellent, teamwork was important. Fast-paced environment experienced knowledgeable management
Pros
Great team of coworkers
Cons
Training material was complex sometimes
Good work for mind numbing job
Web Content Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 31, 2017
If writing copy on topics on which you are not an expert is your thing, have at it. It's not the kind of job you want to work for the rest of your life, but it's a good job for paying for that case of beer for the weekend.
Strong team growing stronger
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2017
I've been at HubShout for many years as an Account Manager. To be honest, it didn't go well at the beginning and I was actively looking for a job.

But the company changed dramatically in 2016 as HubShout started to work on improving the overall culture of the company. Teams were formed to write company values, surveys were gathered and feedback heard openly. The entire management team was trained on listening skills. Book clubs were (and are) common where people from any job title exchange ideas and discuss difficult topics.

I noticed that the suggestions I was making started to be heard too. For example, I suggested that the entire QA process should be scrapped as it was hurting the culture. And that's what happened. In July of 2016 I supported the radical idea that the Account Managers should have no specific set hours to work, as long as their work was done. The company implemented this idea and people gained huge levels of freedom for their schedule. Many other teams have followed and implemented ROWE too.

A big complaint in the past was that there was no career path for employees. That has changed a ton in 2017. I was promoted, as were many other internal candidates.

The company is not perfect, but it is listening to feedback, growing revenues, and investing in their employees.
Strong team growing stronger
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2017

Great SaaS
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 23, 2015
I can honestly say that it was great working here but it was very trying and working for a small company has its ups and downs.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No Control of Pay
Account Manager
Senior Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Using the company dashboard to complete daily tasks and
work w/ resellers to have them close new deals and also
help with customer retention.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
a lot of daily tasks
Very informative team leaders
Offsite SEO content writer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, New York.June 29, 2014
Daily tasks include researching topics online, formulated 300 to 500 word articles, and an emphasis on SEO keywords for search engine rank. I worked as an independent contractor for Hubshout for 5 years and I didn't have any coworkers because this was a telecommuting job.
Pros
Steady work, steady pay
Cons
Layoffs, worked 7 days a week.
Good Place to work at
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 24, 2014
All around good, just a bit sloppy. Some times due dates were missed.