Hubshout, LLC

Hubshout, LLC Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
Last I heard, pay was $0.01 per word. This is not great, but if you want to be a writer you've got to start somewhere.

I haven't written anything for them in a few years. I think they pay a little better now.

When I was there, you couldn't pick your own topics. You just requested an article and had to write about the topic you were assigned.

The great thing about HubShout is that they never criticized the content of my articles. They just accepted and posted everything I wrote.

Management is very nice, the hours are flexible, and they pay on time.

I wish that there were more opportunities to advance. It seemed like the in-house team was always having parties and award ceremonies and all of us freelancers were just left out, with no money and no bonuses. Nothing.,
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Pay too little
Easy take of jobs but less pay and you'll be sacked for no apparent reason after some time. Some times no jobs are available. It pays less considering the effort need on working on some of the technical orders. No need to invest your efforts and time here!
Pros
No supervision, Remote work
Cons
Poor Pay, Fired for no reason, inconsistent work flow
The people at the company are great and the work is fairly easy. However, they are constantly looking for freelance writers when they don't even have enough work for the writers they have.

They post that you can work as much or as little as you'd like. That is definitely not true. You have to compete for work with several other freelancers. You can spend hours refreshing your computer screen and submitting work requests and get nothing. The dashboard generates a work request for you to complete with a deadline of that day, so plan on doing at least some work 7 days a week.

The pay is absolutely terrible. You'll be very lucky to make even $200 a week. It's a full-time job with at best part time pay. But if you need extra cash on the side, this could work for you.
Hubshout was a great place to learn. Using experiments to try new things and make decisions was great. It is truly a lean organization that is not afraid to mix things up. The support was great and anyone was willing to jump in and help at a moments notice. Book clubs, birthday cake, and awards were all great aspects of the job.

That being said, the compensation was not adequate for the amount of work that was expected and necessary to complete the job. Having great work perks and a good corporate culture are awesome things to have, but they need a solid foundation of people feeling like they are compensated fairly.

Overall, Hubshout was a great learning experience for myself. I absorbed more knowledge during my short time there than any other place that I have worked. It is a great stepping stone. If you know where you want to go, they will help you get there.
Pros
birthday cakes, book clubs, dogs in the office
Cons
Compensation, limitations based on older software
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The people you work with here are awesome and you'll make friends almost instantly. There are various different areas you can work, so have at it and enjoy.
Was really interested in the employees and customers. Training was excellent, teamwork was important. Fast-paced environment experienced knowledgeable management
Pros
Great team of coworkers
Cons
Training material was complex sometimes
If writing copy on topics on which you are not an expert is your thing, have at it. It's not the kind of job you want to work for the rest of your life, but it's a good job for paying for that case of beer for the weekend.
I've been at HubShout for many years as an Account Manager. To be honest, it didn't go well at the beginning and I was actively looking for a job.

But the company changed dramatically in 2016 as HubShout started to work on improving the overall culture of the company. Teams were formed to write company values, surveys were gathered and feedback heard openly. The entire management team was trained on listening skills. Book clubs were (and are) common where people from any job title exchange ideas and discuss difficult topics.

I noticed that the suggestions I was making started to be heard too. For example, I suggested that the entire QA process should be scrapped as it was hurting the culture. And that's what happened. In July of 2016 I supported the radical idea that the Account Managers should have no specific set hours to work, as long as their work was done. The company implemented this idea and people gained huge levels of freedom for their schedule. Many other teams have followed and implemented ROWE too.

A big complaint in the past was that there was no career path for employees. That has changed a ton in 2017. I was promoted, as were many other internal candidates.

The company is not perfect, but it is listening to feedback, growing revenues, and investing in their employees.

I can honestly say that it was great working here but it was very trying and working for a small company has its ups and downs.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No Control of Pay
Using the company dashboard to complete daily tasks and
work w/ resellers to have them close new deals and also

help with customer retention.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
a lot of daily tasks
Daily tasks include researching topics online, formulated 300 to 500 word articles, and an emphasis on SEO keywords for search engine rank. I worked as an independent contractor for Hubshout for 5 years and I didn't have any coworkers because this was a telecommuting job.
Pros
Steady work, steady pay
Cons
Layoffs, worked 7 days a week.
All around good, just a bit sloppy. Some times due dates were missed.