HubSpot Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Culture is great, pay not so much
Email Deliverability Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 25, 2018
HubSpot hires young. This makes for a young vibrant environment, and great culture. They love to promote from within, but with everyone being in their 20s or early 30s it's kinda like being back in school.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Productive and fun loving place
Inbound Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 8, 2018
A great place to work with a strong work culture and flexible hours. I did learn a lot during my time at HubSpot and was able to get a couple of certificates along the way that are still very useful to me till this day.
Pros
Free lunch, Gym, relaxed environment, Technological advancement
Cons
Inability to work remotely.
Great place to work with awesome benefits
Renewal Manager, LATAM (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
Great place to work with awesome benefits - A lot of flexibility and work life balance. Always an opportunity to grow and connect with different teams.
Great place to start my career
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 29, 2018
HubSpot was an awesome place to be a new college graduate professional. I learned a lot including customer-facing skills, managing up, and learned that having a technical job doesn't have to be intimidating.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Work from anywhere
Cons
didn't pay great
Overall, HubSpot is a great company with good benefits.
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 9, 2018
My day starts between 8 am to 8:30 am. I process and create invoices and reply to emails. I learned enhanced communication skills, multiple finance systems and CRM, such as Salesforce, Recurly, and Avalara.
bleeding orange never felt so cool
Partner services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2018
I had a great time working here. The people were collaborative and creative and I made some lasting friendships. There is a large bro-dude feel to the culture but it seemed like that was changing as I was leaving. Career advancement is difficult as many of the jobs have titles that do not transfer to other industries or companies.
Pros
free food, drinks, coffee, nap rooms, autonomy
Cons
advancement issues
Great Company
Team Mentor | Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 4, 2018
HubSpot as an overall is a great place to work. Great working area in Cambridge, positive, friendly and talented co workers. dog friendly, Would deff recommend applying for most positions at HubSpot
Cons
Pay
Cool culture that eventually comes at a cost.
Global Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 20, 2017
HubSpot is a great place to work. The culture really is unique but eventually the perks do come at a cost. You are working non-stop and the pay never quite adds up to what you should be making. The benefits are amazing and paid time off is cool. Honestly, the people are the best part of HubSpot.
Pros
Free barista/ Coffee Garden with cold brew & tea, ping pong table, video game rooms, unlimited paid time off, kitchen full of snacks
Cons
Sales bro culture, cliquey teams, not always recognized for hard work unless you are close with executives/managers
Flexible and fun workplace
Junior data analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Massachusetts, United StatesOctober 10, 2017
Hubspot is a great place for millennials to grow and gain experience. When need you can work in remote locations. The managers are kind and friendly and know how to keep you up to date with your tasks. The culture at the company is pretty chill. The manager will tell you what to do and trusts you to get the job done.
Pros
free breakfast, flexible working location
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2017
HubSpot offers a balance of culture, challenge, encouragement, and transparency that no other company I have been with has offered. They treat their employees well.
Great place IF you are working perm.
Inbound Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 19, 2017
Great workplace however if you are temp isnt worth the stress. I feel it could have been planned better with a more secure feeling however overall a cool place to work.
productive and fun place to work
HubSpot Education Partner Program (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 11, 2017
I think work in HubSpot is the most happiness time in my career life.I could learn lots of new marketing knowledge in this company and know more about the whole market picture .
Great Place, Awesome Sales Training
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 1, 2017
Worked at HubSpot for 2.5 years as a Sales Rep in the Value Added Reseller Segment where we help marketing agencies sell inbound services to clients. HubSpot offers really great training, an awesome work environment, and a whole host of in-office perks that are unparalleled with that of any other company i've ever worked at.
Pros
training, coaching
Cons
cut throat
Sales team feels a bit like a fraternity
Entry-level Sales (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2017
HubSpot deserves its reputation for being a fun and exciting place to work. Everybody there is young, hungry, and proud to be there. However, working in Sales, I began to feel frustrated with the culture--it felt like a fraternity. There was heavy drinking, not only on weekend nights but on many evenings, which led to a blending of work and personal life that made me uncomfortable. However, beyond Sales, I believe HubSpot to be more tame and balanced in its culture. It certainly has good perks and is an exciting place to work.
Pros
Free food; exciting culture; dog-friendly office; beautiful location
Cons
Pressure to work overtime; heavy drinking; extremely young managers
accountant
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2017
Hubspot is a great place to work if you are a hard worker. Great culture and a great place to start your career if you are just coming from college. I really love the culture at Hubspot
A call center
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 2, 2017
HubSpot spends a lot of time and money trying to cover up the fact that the entry level "Support Engineer" role is just tech support in a call center, but you'll get the picture soon enough after hiring (if you make it through the ridiculous interview process).

There are a lot of good perks to working at HubSpot, but you will be expected to attend all sorts of social events (mandatory fun) after you get off of shift. This doesn't sound too bad on the surface, but when you've been working with difficult customers on software that is broken most of the time and only earning $13/hr before taxes, it gets tiring.

I've heard people describe HubSpot as "cultish" and that is very accurate. They will try to get you to buy into their culture (just like every other company) and shove it down your throat if you resist.
Pros
Free food, beer. Decent benefits
Cons
Cult like vibe. No work/life balance. Low pay.
Learned a lot
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 20, 2016
company is growing fast, a lot of career opportunities. Things change frequently so be adaptable. Overall great place to jump start a sales career.
Free food, beers on tap, great open office environment, amazing benefits and earning potential
Channel Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 10, 2016
The training here is very in depth and provided me with a ton of knowledge in the marketing realm. People are very friendly and the atmosphere is fast paced but very rewarding.
Pros
Cons
Fast paced, challenging, aggressive targets and goals
Exciting Work Environment - Culture is King
Channel Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 22, 2015
The work you do at HubSpot is all very thoughtful and following a rigid process with a proven track record of success. The culture is special at HubSpot with it being a critical part of the interview process to make sure someone will be "HubSpotty".
Awesome place to work, but be ready for LONG hours
IMC (Consulting) and IMS (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 31, 2014
Best:
- super smart, driven, ambitious co-workers
- outstanding leadership in management
- cozy work environment
Worst:
- they have 'nap rooms' for a reason

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HubSpot. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.3InHerSight Score

4.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight