Huddle House Employee Reviews

didnt enjoy the job at all
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 20, 2018
the huddle house is privately owned and the owner did not like people to well. she is very hard to get along with. she and i did not get long to well. a lot of servers would walk out even with customers sitting at tables
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything was bed there
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALAugust 17, 2018
Huddle house pays less no matter how many hours you do and also no raises, I was there five years and only made eight dollars an hour. I was the head cook and through the week I cooked by myself with no help.
Murp.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNAugust 14, 2018
I do not know how that place is doing now, but before when I was there it simply wasnt managed well. I did enjoy the job itself. I just didnt like the environment or management.
Pros
Discount Food.
Cons
It wasnt ran properly.
Stressful place to work with owners at the time
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNAugust 13, 2018
I love waitressing so I really loved it at first and got to know all the customers so that always made it fun and made descent money always. Manager was the best one I have ever had but the owners were not.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks. Late checks
My manager was awesome
Head Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Moreland, GAAugust 12, 2018
He ran a very tight ship. Unfortunately I was working with priates. If I was working with a higher caliber employees it would have been a lot lot better.

I'm of the opinion coming from culinary school that you take your job in the food industry extremely serious because you can make the public sick if you don't and my management took it just as serious if not more. There were just some lackadaisical employees. I know that has changed now now thank goodness.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Not serious at the time employees
one of the best place to have breakfast
Cook and asst. mgr (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, MSAugust 8, 2018
Huddle House was a fast pace working place. the customers were always respectful and polite. I enjoyed cooking and learning new cooking habits. I learned alot from working here.
Fast-paced kitchen enironment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ALAugust 6, 2018
A typical day at work involves prepping food, disinfecting surfaces, washing dishes, stocking food, grilling food, working a point-of-sale machine, and interacting with customers.
Productive, fun, steady paced
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Potosi, MOAugust 6, 2018
Productive, fun, always busy and always satisfied with customers and with satisfying the customers. Overall great experience with working there, eating there or even just visiting there.
Not really the best place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  De Soto, MOAugust 6, 2018
This isn't really the best place to work at I mostly stayed there because it was convenient. They don't train very well. You get a col days then your just expected to know what to do. You rarely get raises. The rules are never followed and it's constant drama
Stressful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 31, 2018
Huddle house employees like to call out, walk out, or just not show up very often. The turn around rate at huddle house is insane. In the past month we’ve had 7 employees gone. At one point I was one of the only 3 cooks on 2nd shift. I just need a place that recognizes my hard work and somewhere I can advance.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No real breaks
Poor place to work and manager has a bad attitude.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAJuly 31, 2018
Hard to keep staff and manager holds positions for jail birds and declines the workers that actually do their job and maintain a good record. Manager down grades and belittles previous employees and dangles job offers in their face only to turn them down and get butt hurt whenever they fire it back at her.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Management sucks
Huddle house flatwoods
Cook/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Flatwoods, KYJuly 30, 2018
It was a horrible place to work with bad atmosphere and poor customer service. The boss allowed her son who has a drug habit to be in charge of most of her employees. Conflicting views with him was a big reason for leaving.
Fun place to work at!!
Cook/Prep Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Blackshear, GAJuly 25, 2018
This was an amazing job for me. It helped show me how to be a better person! Manigmant was off the chain! BEST MANIGERS EVER!! Everyone help one another!! Store stayed in great condition through all the cooking and serving! People love coming to eat at Huddle House and get their monies worth of the DELISIOUS food ect. There were people that would come in REGURALLY EVERY SINGLE DAY even Just to get a cup of coffee.
Pros
Emploies got free appitizers (1 a day)
Cons
Clothes got greasy, gad to wear hats
Very fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNJuly 25, 2018
My Huddle House experience was one of the worst I ever had. I've worked in many food establishments in my life and have never had as bad of an experience as I did here. I would get stuck working past my scheduled time due to other employees not showing up with no repercussions for it. I had to work every holiday because I had no family in the area while other employees got every holiday off. I feel that the management played favorites. There were no penalties for bad work ethics for some people and others got fired for simple infractions.
Pros
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Relaxed, Friendly, and Steady Workplace
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYJuly 25, 2018
They're flexible with schedule and days off. No weekends or holidays off at all. Customers are nice and friendly. A little competitive which is good sometimes.
Pros
Flexible hours, discount, relaxed breaks, customers
Cons
No vacations weekends or holidays off, good workers are unappreciated, cant keep employees
Stressful and fast paced
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, KYJuly 24, 2018
It’s very stressful and intense for a work day, especially for my first job. I’ve learned it’s a fast paced job and you need to be fast. I love the manager but hate management. My hardest part is that I’m not fast enough and don’t get any breaks. Plus other coworkers do not off to help in any way. Most enjoyable would be the people I serve.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
No breaks only smoke breaks, poor pay, poor quality
A decent first job, but not much else.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Florala, ALJuly 22, 2018
While the job inst really intended for people to stay, it is good for teens. Beyond that, a dead end, in the sense that there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Break every now and then.
Cons
Poorly made schedule, no attention to employees" personal life, poor Management.
Quick moving and very busy
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  White Hall, ARJuly 17, 2018
You really have to keep yourself moving and stay ahead of all the task required. Money made is dependent on how well you keep up and serve the tables.
stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSJuly 16, 2018
very stressful job you work hard for the very tips you make and the huddlehouse in new albany is very hard to work for there is no management they employess run the store
Pros
Cons
no breaks rude coworkers
restaurant closed with notice still haven't received last pay check
Server,cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2018
I worked there for years went through managers like crazy.I stayed because I needed the job.Always short on help and ran out of food to serve daily.The last year was a circus.
Pros
Cons
it closed