Hudec Dental Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
i wouldnt reccomend this place
dentl assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 17, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this place, they work you hard and don't pay you enough. and extra work goes unnoticed to management . it is unprofessional and I don't plan on going back
June 19, 2018

We are very lucky to have a great team that works very hard and makes the care of our patients a top priority. We try very hard to stay competitive with salaries and to promote a work life balance. Feedback can always help us to improve both of those areas. I would love to hear about your specific circumstances as we always strive to learn, grow and better ourselves as an organization. Etennant@hudecdental.com

Ehh
Patient care (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 23, 2018
Not the best, not the worst. A lot of the managers act like teenagers at highschool, it was one of the things I struggled with the most while I was there. The way they have scheduling guidelines per insurance is really messed up. If you're a new patient with government health insurance like caresource, good luck ever getting in, even with an emergency. Having to tell a crying patient I don't have anything open (when I did) because of insurance really upset me. It is more about the amount of money than the patients true needs.

Dr. Hudec threw good holiday parties and was generous enough to give an extra day off usually for Christmas which was nice. It is not all bad, but I don't think I would ever go back. It was very stressful and your hard work will not be noticed unless your already a manager or higher. Patient care girls are treated poorly.
Pros
Nice place to work around the holidays
Cons
Very stressful
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are always striving to grow and be better. We truly try to live by our core purpose "to improve the quality of life of those we serve". We have a lot of patients with a lot of different insurance plans. We're happy to have a wide range of patients with vastly different financial situations and truly believe that we can help each and every one. I'd love to address what happened in this specific instance and hear more about it. Please contact me anytime, etennant@hudecdental.com. I'm glad you enjoyed the holiday parties but would love to hear your concerns so that we can continue to improve.

Productive and fun place to work
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHDecember 1, 2017
Overall, I consider Hudec Dental to be an amazing place to work. Dr. Hudec not only cares about patients, but also his communities. As an current employee for 5 years, Ive been blessed with many opportunities to better myself to be successful in my career. I recommend Hudec Dental for anyone who wants a long time career. My only feedback would be to have a more accurate job description outlining the everyday tasks and obligations of the position, and for those responsibilities to be compensated appropriately.
Pros
Pto, Benefits
December 4, 2017

Thank you so much for your thoughts and feedback. We are glad that you've been with us for 5 years! I'd love to collaborate with you to see where we might have dropped the ball with your position description. We are always reevaluating how we do things and also how we compensate our employees. I would love to sit down and hear your thoughts in more detail. Etennant@hudecdental.com

Flexible schedule
Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHNovember 16, 2017
The department I worked in at the time was new so it was a lot of trial and error but the manager really tried to make our department the best that she could however it seemed the CEO wasn't up for our ideas of what we thought would work best to help make that department more functional
Pros
CEO did a lot of fun things for his employees
Cons
Not a lot of pto time given
November 20, 2017

Thank you for your honest feedback! We're glad that you liked the fun things that Dr. Hudec tries to do for the employees. He can't physically be in all 22 offices at once so really enjoys any opportunity to surprise us. We all got movie tickets and concession passes a few weeks back "just because"so that hasn't stopped. I'm sorry to see that you're a former employee though. I hate to hear that you didn't feel like your feedback was valued. I'm not sure exactly when you left but the patient care and support center has grown and changed quite a bit since its inception. I'd love to hear more details about your experience here. I'm not sure what the circumstances were surrounding why you left but I would love to hear about that as well. Etennant@hudecdental.com. Reach out to me?

Excellent place to work
Dental Assistant/Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 9, 2017
Hudec Dental was a great place to work. The staff and doctors are extremely friendly and always there to help. The offices are always welcoming and friendly.
Pros
locations, hours of operation
November 27, 2017

I'm glad you had a great experience here. I'm sorry that you left us! Please keep in contact with us and let us know if you are ever looking for a position in the future. We really do strive to be a welcoming and friendly environment for both our patients and our staff. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. Please let me know if I can do anything to help in the future etennant@hudecdental.com

Unorganized and Unprofessional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 25, 2017
Working for this company was a temporary position. The coworkers were very unprofessional. It was very unorganized at this location. I would not work for this company again.
November 27, 2017

I'm sorry that you were only with us temporarily. I hate to hear all of this after the fact but we take your comments very seriously. Professionalism, organization and kindness are incredibly important values to Dr. Hudec. He strives to hire employees that mirror these values. Please reach out to me so that I can hear more specifics about what happened? etennant@hudecdental.com

typical day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 22, 2017
very high stressed. doctors are sometimes working out of 5 rooms at one time. scheduling is overbooked leaving patients waiting too long and they then get angry about the wait time. A typical day at work is stress from morning until quitting time. You never get off on time either. Also needs better management.
November 27, 2017

I'm so sorry that you're feeling stressed. We try to balance scheduling to not only provide optimal care for our patients but to allow our staff to work as efficiently as possible. We hate to hear that you and the patients you are referring to did not have the best experience that day. Please reach out to me? I'd love to hear more specifics regarding what would help you to be able to do your job better and what you would like to see more (or less?) of from management? I promise it will be confidential. We are always striving to be better. etennant@hudecdental.com

Productive workplace with passionate management and owners
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHOctober 20, 2017
Hudec Dental does a great job of recognizing the needs of the community, giving back in times of need, and focusing on how to make things better. Management is very receptive to most ideas and concerns that employees come to them with, and in the time that I have been here, I have seen a constant state of change towards the better. Whether it's in the form of changing staffing roles, upgrading software, or modifying company policy, it's a company that works on its flaws if they are presented.
November 27, 2017

We're glad you're here! With growth can come the need for change. We always strive to improve and are always open to changing! Please keep giving us your ideas! We appreciate you being a member of the Hudec Dental family!

not so good
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 17, 2017
I worked for Hudec back before he had all the dental offices. Was not a nice place to be. Empty promises, the atmosphere was stressfull, walked on pins and needles.
November 27, 2017

I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. A lot has changed in the 40 years since Dr. Hudec opened his doors to his first office. That doesn't make your experience any less valuable and we appreciate your honest feedback. I hope you have found work environment that fits your individual needs though I have to admit, I'm sorry it wasn't with us. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors

EFDA Cleveland Ohio
EFDA Cleveland Ohio (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2017
I worked for hudec dental as an efda. I averaged about 25 fillings per day, and about 100 per 40 hour work week. The Dr and staff were nice, and the benefits were good.

BUT the pay was low. I worked at Hudec for around 8 months, I made 20$ and hour. Getting a raise was non-negotiable, I left for a different efda position, where I complete less fillings, and the pay was 28$ to start, with the same benefits.

So, Hudec wasn't a horrible company to work for, but I personally know 5 people who quite over lack of money.

And a different recruiter contacts me on linkedin, dental post, and by email, about every 6 months asking if I'd like to interview for efda,....but the pay is just too low.
Pros
benefits, autonomy
Cons
pay, patient no shows, management with no dental knowledge at all
November 27, 2017

We have actually taken your feedback very seriously and are currently evaluating our pay structure. With grows comes the need for change. We are not perfect and know that there is always room for improvement. Thank you for your honest feedback. If I can ever do anything for you, please reach pout etennant@hudecdental.com

lack of pay
Patient Coordinator / Management (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 10, 2017
underpaid, unkept promises with advancements.. under staffed. the company "judges" you with which insurance you carry. the company has said " they are looking for bodies" the hard workers are taken advantage of
September 11, 2017

I'd love to talk to you directly and confidentially about your comments and see what we can do to address your concerns. We have a few open positions right now that may be of interest to you internally. I hate to hear that you're feeling judged or that you work for an organization that is simply "looking for bodies". We want hard workers to be rewarded not taken advantage of. I took over recruitment to make sure that we're focused on finding the right people for a role. Having coverage in all of our offices is important but it's not doing any good to our patients if they have a fully staffed office with under-qualified people. I'm not sure if we've met yet but we value your feedback and I'd love to meet with you to see what we can do to improve your experience with us, address your goals for advancement and hear more details about what happened. Hudec Dental truly believes that the happiness of our employees directly impacts the happiness of our patients. Patient and employee satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Email me and we can talk confidentially? etennant@hudecdental.com

Really loved working here, would not mind going back
Dental Assistant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHJuly 29, 2017
GREAT STAFF, FUN ENVIRONMENT, FAST PACE, GREAT DOCTORS!!!! Perfect opportunity for growth as well as students coming straight from school into the dental field.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Great dental coverage for employee and immediate family, Great orientation for new hires, Partial reimbersment for continuing education programs such as efda, And they provide scrubs to get new hires started
Cons
Compensation could be a little more
September 5, 2017

We hope that you'll consider coming back! We know that sometimes an opportunity seems too good to pass up and you decide to explore it. Hudec Dental will happily welcome back employees that left in good standing. Give us a call.

Special place
Dental Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2017
Different culture......use to be good back in the day.....certain locations have poor service and speaking up is not appreciated.

Company appreciation of employees is nice from time to time. Managers and some staff are hired with no background and no knowledge. Many turn overs in doctors and staff, Nice to start here but not sure if you can retire.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
no one stays constant revolving door unless your a favorite
September 5, 2017

We love to hear that you had a good experience but wish it had continued throughout your tenure here. If you haven't had a chance to discuss your situation in detail in an exit interview or other avenue, we would still be very interested in hearing what happened so we can continue to grow and learn. Thank you for your honest feedback.

As an employee
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44135May 31, 2017
They do not stand behind their employee's. The work ethic is less than poor and their hire ratio for Doctors may be impressive but they are mostly less than to be desired. Although my time with Hudec wasn't unbearable I do know that from being an ex employee it is not a company that you want on your resume. As for the quality of care for there patient's... again it is more like the fast food chain of dentistry and basically should install a drive through window in every establishment. NO QUALITY OF CARE ALL QUANITY of care.
Sadly, this is where the patient to doctor ratio differs.
September 5, 2017

We hate to hear that you had such a negative experience. We pride ourselves on patient care and while we strive to be able to provide fast, top notch dental services for a large number of patients, the quality of our work is of utmost importance. We'd love to hear more details of your individual situation to be able to adjust as needed to continue to create a positive experience for both our employees and our patients. Feel free to email me at etennant@hudecdental.com and we can set up time to talk about what happened.

Hudec Dental
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Greet patients, answer phones, handle customer service inquiries, and verify Medicaid insurance. Collect co-pays, scan, use copier, assist patients, schedule patients, cancel appointments, and verify appointments for following day, general office duties.
September 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your daily duties here! I do hope the 5 stars meant that you liked working here! I'm sorry that you're not longer with us. Please keep an eye out for current openings and reach out directly if you'd like to consider coming back in the future.

Interactive Culture
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OhioJune 23, 2015
I enjoy working at Hudec Dental and am exploring potential opportunities that will allow me to grow both personally and professionally. I have had the ability to enhance my management skills along with inter-personal skills. Thru daily interactions with patients as well as my staff, I have gained great insight into creating a positive environment by employing a "sense of urgency" culture. This has allowed us to cultivate a work environment that is efficient and that promotes outstanding customer service. I have always enjoyed helping others and this approach enables me to be hands on with all aspects of my job.
Pros
Open door concept
Cons
Lack of growth opportunity
September 5, 2017

I'm glad you are having such a great experience overall. We are happy to work with each individual employee to develop a customized plan for advancement if that is something he or she desires. It can be hard to know what to do next when you feel like you've hit a ceiling. Please feel free to coordinate a time to talk to the H1 department about your goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudec Dental. Our community is ready to answer.