Hudson's Furniture Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Not worth your time!
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 14, 2018
You are made to feel special for about 2 months then you are on your own. Cut throat employees and management that turns away from it. CEO doesn't care unless you are the top performers.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Not worth your time
May 18, 2018

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. Would you be open to discussing the issues you brought up? If so, please give me a call at 407-708-5963 or email me at klestrange@hudsonsfurniture.com.

Stay away!
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 19, 2018
Upper management doesn't want to hear of problems if the store overall is performing well, several people were forced out or terminated following their complaints to HR...the message is "DON'T ROCK THE BOAT"
March 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours!

Look elseware
Design Consultant /Sales (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Company has way too many turn arounds, no stable management what so ever! Owners more concern about their jet and private island than instead of being more concern over their employees. Also if your not making over 150k a month your just consider nobody important. Never again
February 16, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Hudson's was disappointing. We strive to be a great place to work and it sounds like we did not meet that expectation for you. If you would be open to sharing more about your experience, please email me at HR@hudsonsfurniture.com to set up a time to talk.

Awesome workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Snowflake, AZFebruary 5, 2018
This is a great place to work - clear expectations and fair compensation. Supervision is consistent. You can get as much as you put in out of working here. Great training and ongoing support.
February 9, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Great Company
Sales/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Ormond eDecember 9, 2017
Great company to work for. Too many management changes but change is always necessary for improvement. Great benefits package and training, great team.
December 15, 2017

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback.

Working at Hudson's
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 6, 2017
The manager is an a hard working, fair individual. The culture is good. The President of the company is a sharp young man. The customers are great. The staff is great. The traffic is very low and it makes it hard to make a living. The work life balance is not good due to having to work every weekend day and most holidays. Also, there is no sales traffic after 7 pm in Lakeland, yet they are open until 9 pm every day except Sunday.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Working every weekend and every Sunday. Working until 9 pm when the traffic dies by 7 pm.
November 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm happy to hear you were pleased with the environment and staff at our Lakeland showroom. I appreciate your feedback about the light traffic in the evenings as well.

poorly run company and don't care about employees
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 6, 2017
family run company and they only care about making profits for themselves. No loyalty to employees and they are not open to hearing suggestions.

vacation time is only granted on a yearly basis and per day worked as most companies are. Raises are rarely if ever given.

tremendous amount of favoritism takes place throughout the entire company.
November 3, 2017

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Hudson's did not match our intention of being the best place you ever worked. We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering a great experience for you.

fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 20, 2017
friendly staff and employees, fast paced, kept busy in warehouse environment, relaxed place to work not stressful, ok pay and benefits, had to relocate or would still work there.
Pros
good work environment
November 3, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! If you return to the Central Florida area, please stop by to say hello!

Lacking stability
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 25, 2017
While one would expect high turnover at the entry level sales positions, Hudson's seems to experience unusually high turnover at key positions, such as GM.
Position seemed unnecessary
Buyer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 5, 2017
I spent most of my time at work doing what felt like busy work to justify my position. The environment was quiet and no one really seemed to associate with anyone.
Great experience
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLAugust 3, 2017
Gained a large amount of knowledge when it comes to furniture and design. Great place to work. Friendly staff and management. I would recommend Hudson's as an employer and a great place to shop.
stressful work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 12, 2017
stressful job, lack of management support for sales associates
Training off premises for 2 weeks and out of town travel weekly
Mandatory sales pitches needed when welcoming guests
Sales with great benefits but little else.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2017
It's ok. There could be more advice taken and less emphasis on the profit. Benefits like insurance are awesome but can become a trying workplace with no emphasis placed on anything but production.
A Decent Company to work for
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Hudsons. I don't love being in sales but I did ok for myself their compensation program is a good one.
Pros
vendor reps will often bring food or gifts
Cons
The tagging and inventory system is out dated and redundant. It also wastes a ton of paper.
June 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we appreciate your feedback!

Delivery/Service Manager very unprofessional and rude toward employees
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 1, 2015
The Delivery/Service Manager treats a good amount of employees in a rude and disrespectful manner. This certain individual does not appear at times to care about the employee/s doing the work of loading and assisting the Driver/s with their truck. This Manager definately does not care too much about good/genuine hard working employees. Most people working in the Warehouse who are vested and have been working there a while are aware of this. This certain position needs to have a new Manager that treats all Warehouse employees with respect for their hard work and dedication consistently and the Manager needs to be both fair and firm.
Pros
New Delivery/Service Manager
Cons
Delivery/Service Manager
Waste of time for most people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJune 27, 2015
Working at Hudson's Furniture was a bad idea from the start, and I knew it. From the beginning, they were deceptive and blamed their employees for everything. They start you off with this whole unrealistic mindset that "You can make $80,000 a year! Employees never have to compete for commission! You can make as much money as you want!" and it's all bull. Look, you're either good at sales or you're not, and most people are not. You can psych yourself up and swear up and down that you're going to give it your all, but at the end of the day, if you're not a shark, you're not a shark. Plus, even if you DO make great sales and you do everything you're supposed to do, orders are ALWAYS late, they're USUALLY damaged, and you will have customers screaming at you EVERY DAY. I sold plenty of furniture, but in the end, I got sick of the stress from angry customers, the toxic work environment as everyone was constantly stabbing everyone else in the back, the completely unrealistic pay structure--100% commission, and it takes MONTHS to be able to support yourself!--and knowing that every time I told a customer their furniture would be ready in 8 weeks, I was lying to their face. Everything was late always, and customers who love you one second turn on you the instant something goes wrong. It's a horrible job with a horrible environment, and the pay sucks. That's why they turn over 70% of their employees every six months. Oh, and they force you to tote this "Furniture Protection Plan" to everyone that is literally wasted money that covers NOTHING, and then when customers want to use it, Hudson's  more... does everything they can to not help them, which means the customers are then furious with YOU. And the managers straight up lie to you: they have this Selling Guide they make you do, and they'll tell you it's guaranteed to work, and they've been using it for teeeeeen yeeeeeears--BS! they implemented it a few months ago and change it every six months. They have no idea what they're doing.  less
Pros
I now know what french dovetail is
Cons
Literally everything.
Great opportunity to help customer decide on their needs and wants.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 21, 2015
This can be a very rewarding career, having fun assisting customers with their decisions and satisfying their family needs.
Pros
Excellent high opportunities
Cons
No income floor
Excellent workplace and management
Furniture Salesman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Learned the in's and out's of furniture and mattresses. Great management and coworkers. Got to talk to people all the time and use suggestive selling techniques to increase business sales as well as my commissions.
Not a good place to work. Because of pay structure, hard to put together a good commsision check
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 4, 2014
I would not recommend this as a place to work. The management is terrible and they have a HUGE turnover rate. The owners are getting rich, while most of the sales people starve.
great company
Sales Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2014
I came to this company when they were down just after the house market crash. I have seen their sales rocket.
Pros
As with most company that are smaller the benefits could be better
Cons
As with most company that are smaller the benefits could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.