Hudson Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Interesting workplace. Something new every day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 25, 2018
Interesting workplace with favortism showed throughout the company. Its a good old boys club with upper management not to be trusted. Although, there are many choice of stores to work at,
Love to interact with people
Retail Specialist and Barista (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 21, 2018
Working with this company is so much fun. Meeting different people every day and learning different cultures. My cokoworkers are real team players plus we have the best of the best manager.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits at all
*typical Day at Work
Customer Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 21, 2018
*Basically it was my first job so i experience so many things like how to deal with the customers and with the colleagues and with the management too and I learn how to work put the things in proper Place and the most enjoyable part is to be busy and deal with the customers and help them and assist them
Pros
No free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
fairly low pay too much expectations unfair union rules that works for the company not the employees
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 21, 2018
They pay you okay, expect you to move the world with next to no time or support to accomplish these tasks. Good place to start a career if you can handle the stress and demands.
Pros
learn how handle cash in a fast paste environment
Cons
low pay and poor managment
Good learning with cash handling and keeping record of merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2018
I learned a lot working with Hudson group enjoyed the customers I also provided great customer service kept work area clean always was on time switched shifts at timely manner
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
They want you to spend all your time there.. The Gm at hobby don’t know how to talk to people always thinking she’s right. You get no over time only if they short of people. Which people been leaving like crazy they can’t keep nobody at all
Managment horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 17, 2018
You work alone sometime with no help. Your lunch break is only 30 minute. And to walk from one place to another takes up to 10-12 min of you break time.
work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Friendly place to work, very flexible with your schedule, excellent management . If you really like tp interact with customers from different cultures, it is the best place to wor for. Great for part time students.
summary of work
Customer Service, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company but it was too much on my body after a year in a half of walking and standing for 10 to 12 hours daily.

If they had another job where i could sit, stand and walk I will still be there.
Pros
working with all cultures
Cons
too much walking and standing
Everyday Routine
Customer Services/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 7, 2018
Provided retail services at JFK International Airport
Assisted customers with returns, exchanges and unwanted merchandise
Operated computerized cash register
Tallied and closed out register at the end of business.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 7, 2018
apply now they hire quick and great pay and lots of overtime you enjoy the sights of the airport. Just a different culture overall. lots of security ofcourse
fun place to work
Associate, Inventory and Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 6, 2018
excellent excellent good good nice staff benifits available understanding managers perfect timing overtime given but per hour paid less than the amount of work they get from u
Hudson don't practice fair employment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2018
I worked at Hudson in Cleveland Hopkins Airport. I recently quit because of discrimination. Being the only black Muslim in the warehouse. It's always a double standard for me.i recommend if you're a black Muslim keep it moving.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Discrimination.
Time consuming
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 29, 2018
Work 12 hours shift, with one 15 minute and one 30 minute break, these hours were bad on my feet. Coverage was on point. Pay was not good. Management was okay.
Cut Throat Atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 23, 2018
I was paid well and had great benefits. But the long hours broke me down to where there Medical Benefits were needed. There was zero work life balance. Zero loyalty or appreciation from upper management for the day to day effort given during flight delays & cancellations. Long hours during new store openings and store closings. Your reward. A kick in the pants. I won’t even go into the comedy show of a union they have. Run as fast as you can or you will regret it.
Benefits
Cons
Union, Lack of Support, Management Attitude
excelente equipo de trabajo.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2018
Lo mejor es llegar y saber que tienes colegas que ayudaran en el trabajo como equipo,
Nice
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 18, 2018
Its a nice place to work. met with different people with different culture and background. i interacted with everyone and discussed with them about their problems and we shared the same goals.
Terrible place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 16, 2018
Management is immature. They have their favorites who they do nothing but hang around and gossip together with. They reward associates who shirk their responsibilities and also talk bad to the customers. Some associates get away with yelling at supervisors and nothing gets done about it. The pay isn't good enough to deal with the garbage you have to take from fellow associates.
Pros
Cons
All cons
good
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 14, 2018
good liked it. my manager the one before that woman became manager was awesome. When she came in i left she was the worst boss i have ever had to work with
Excellent airport experence
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2018
I've worked in other industries, Drug stores and food service. This experience was a true change. The training could have been better as at times I was on my own to learn, however as I did I progressed well.
After a change in management above me, we increased overall sales by double digit percentages along with winning awards for customer service from airport management.
Pros
Interacting with people from not only across the country but internationally.
Cons
Communication was via text and email mostly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight