Hudson Group Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for the company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 30, 2018
Hudson Group is not a good place of employment.They have a terrible manangement team.I had good days And bad days.I learned a lot on my own.Manangement was terrible.The hardest part of the job was not being treated fairly.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all Kinds of people.
Pros
never offer free lunch
Cons
they very rarely gave short breaks
Friendly work environment, Diverse community feeling, Best customer service within LAX, Benefit Packages, Promotes from within
Specialty Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 23, 2018
Hudson Group is a great company overall but the environment could be volumes better and more productive with by implementing changes to bring it into the modern age. It is true that Hudson Group lives up to its motto as the passengers best friend, however it could improve dramatically with improved logistics, storage, technology and organized strategies for managers to implement and filter down to associates.
Pros
Cons
No break rooms, Extremely low bonuses with very little selling incentive, Off site parking distance from terminals, Bad cell phone connection. Embarrassingly unreliable internet connection everyday, Hard to complete basic menial tasks due to constant complications with computers, printers and archaic technology, only expensive food on-site
Yea, no
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2018
The company is i guess alright but management at the atl airport is horrible. EVERYBODY is trying to leave. The managers on salary dont even want to be there. The pay is low for the amount of strees they try to put you under and it is basic retail. Management is selective. Turn over rate through the roof. If you want to know how bad it is, nobody, I repeat NOBODY wants a promotion. What company you know is that bad?
Pros
Ill get back with you
Cons
Pay, management, erthing
Busy Airport Retail Environment with lots of benefits for the sales associates
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago Midway International Airport, ILNovember 14, 2018
A typical day at work involves lots of customer interaction and making sure the stores are stocked fully with product to satisfy customer needs and wants. Operation managers interact with the sales associates and customers daily as well as assigned stores for sales associates and monitor Lead Supervisors. The hardest part as well as the most enjoyable part of the job is monitoring the associates.
Pros
Working in a busy environment
Cons
Scheduled work times are set and not very flexible
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
Racist company, tried to not pay me for hours I’ve worked and didn’t even apologize about it. super young, unhappy and rude supervisors that’s lazy and hate their jobs. don’t apply
if you’re anything other than asian or hispanic. seriously.
Overall a nice company.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 11, 2018
The work conditions are ok. Lower management is poorly trained.
Lack of team work. Opportunity for advancement if you are hired on a permanent bases.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  EWR NJNovember 5, 2018
It’s wonderful company to work with I am highly setisfied. Cooperative management. Timely paid and they have high pay rate on Airport. They are the one who raised first.
Pros
No lunch benefits
Cons
30 minutes short break.
Unhealthy work environment
cashier frequently (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 5, 2018
Management never knows what's going on. Coworkers are always gossiping and talking loud. Arguments outbreak in store. No one does any work and leaves it up to last minute to do.
Dead end job
Specialty Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 3, 2018
Co-workers were amazing. Management was horrible. Newsstand Managers had poor customer service skills, were unorganized and disrespectful. There was a lot of favoritism going on. People without experience would get promoted and those who had been there for years, stayed where they were. Many employees got away with poor job performance due to favoritism while others got terminated for minor mistakes. Would give 0 stars if it were possible.
Cons
Poor management, no overtime
Overall poorly run company in a dying industry.
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 2, 2018
Was promised a full-time position as well as health and dental, 401k, a raise in 30 days, and a position in the accounting department after 90. I received none of those things and it was a slap in the face.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
I am more qualified than most of upper managment
Good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 18, 2018
Love working at the airport and meeting all the interesting people. Hudson has good benefits for it's full time employee. I would work for Hudson Group again.
Pros
Get off work before noon.
Cons
Getting to work at 4:00am!
Hudson is great, managment is terrible
Cree member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 17, 2018
Working for hudson can be great---IF you get a good managment team. The job culture itself was nice...and work isn't so bad. They are busy periods, but mostly you spend your time cleaning and restocking. Be wary of the suits.
The higher ups, from corporate, are extremely nice and understanding. They actually value a good strong worker. The managment they leave behind, is where the problems honestly come from.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
Lack of respect from site management, Site managment doesnt listen to employee concerns, Short staffed ALL THE TIME.
Fun, fast paced environment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
Hudson News is a great place to work. I worked in Logan Airport and was exposed to many different walks of life, the staff was collaborative and a great team environment,
Pros
easy commute
Cons
short breaks, lacks benefits
Terrible atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 15, 2018
Very bad company to work for. Terrible management. Treated very bad by manager an asst. Other cultures were treated great. OK for them to stand there an do nothing at all or doing no call no shows an never any disaplined done while others worked hard an maybe called in when sick hours ahead of time an was written up for it.
Pros
El ambiente de trabajo es muy bueno y tiene muchas oportunidades de crecimiento
Retal sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaOctober 10, 2018
Una compañía con muchas oportunidades de crecimiento un buen salario
Friendly people
SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2018
Pro:
Good working environment; nice people; less stress; easy job, great promotion oppotunity.
Con:
Low salary rate.
A long hour to stand and walk
A long hour to commute
hudson news company is fun and energetic job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 4, 2018
when working hudson news I always looked forward to coming into work.It was always fun working with the people I worked with.Even though I had fun I always able to get my work done over and beyond what we were required to do.I would work there again in the future.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short break
pretty cool work environment, well any can be cool as long as you stay outta DRAMA.
Shift Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 2, 2018
only thing i didn’t like about working there was miscommunication between management and supervision trying to overstep their authority. other than that, pretty fun job.
Pros
45 min lunch breaks, 20% off
Cons
late shifts, breaks can be too early
Fun place to work. Great environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2018
A typical day at work was fun and productive. I learn great customer services and how to be a team player. Management was great But one Manager was unfair and rude. The hardest part of the job was going to work to here the same complaints over and over. Not the one to complain but I did my best work. The most enjoyable part was the employees was like family and team players.
Pros
Discount lunhes
Cons
short breaks
Cafe job
Cashier / Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2018
I loved working with the employees at this job. It was a fast paced workplace but I enjoyed it. My only issue was that I was fired because of lack of communication between managers to Cafe workers.
Pros
Meeting the variety of airport comers and goers
Cons
Hostility from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight