Hudson Group

3.0Pay & Benefits

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,100 reviews

Hudson Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Okay for starters with no experience but

Not a company to be working for if you plan to grow. With little to no experience in retail or customer service. There are times when I’m a little over worked and the pay rate is okay for me at the moment but I feel like I deserve to get paid a little more than my current pay rate. There are companies that are paying a little more than the current minimum wage here in my area and whenever I compare the amount of work that I’m doing here, it can be disappointing and frustrating. As a current associate here, they never really mentioned that food handling was also included in the job description because I thought I was applying for a book seller selling books. Somebody also mentioned here that the benefits in this company was “non existent” and I couldn’t agree more. They do send out applications/handouts about the benefits but the HR never really bother asking the employees if they were interested and they never bother sitting down with new hires about it. There are employees who tend to be bossy and sometimes we tend to be fighting over who’s doing what or who is supposed to be just cashiering focusing on the customers or who’s working on the food delivery. Some managers will bother assigning doing what, but some managers do not care at all and there are lazy ones who supposed to be doing their job (like opening a register for the associate, helping them how to open one or grabbing items thats needed in the store) but instead they assign it to another associate who just happens to have more seniority or experience with the company and leave it to them. I also hate that you’d -

Pros

Lunch is paid

Cons

over worked and short staffed at times, toxic bossy workers

Sales Associate

Work-life balanceI worked in the Atlanta Airport met a lot of people all over the world. I was at the company a year.Pay & benefitsN/AJob security and advancementN/AManagementN/ACultureN/AOverallWorking in the Atlanta Airport you have to move fast passengers like to buy the snacks before boarding the plane. I had to keep the store stocked when no customers were in the store and I also stocked while working before and after shift even though we had stock workers I enjoyed the people that work for the company.

Productive work place. Meet a lot of people.

Managers suck. Have to wait until someone relieves you to go restroom. Pay is horrible. Not fair with scheduling. No training have to learn on your own. Never have time for family. No rotating the schedule.

It's a good job

Rigid and inflexible with the schedule If you have a sense of business belonging and are punctual, you will do well and you will feel good in this job; Although they do not guarantee stability due to absence from work, regardless of the nature of the cause.

An okay place if going to school or an easy job to do.

Sometimes the scheduling will be wrong and you have to correct them sometimes, and make sure you check your hours to make sure you get paid your holiday pay if you worked holidays. There's too much gossiping, so don't tell too much of your personal life to people and management does a terrible job at dealing with issues co-workers have with each other. Union isn't so great. I did learn a lot though, how to assist customers and improve my customer service skills.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Be ready to have different days off each week

Hudson is a good place to work at. You get to meet new people everyday since it's inside the airport. You get to meet new co workers which in the future can be really good friends.

Pros

They pay you on the holidays

Cons

get 30 minute breaks sometimes 1 hour

productive, nice surroundings, comfortable place to work

A good company to work for with room for advancement and great benefits, good surroundings. You can meet people from all around the world. Need improvement with upper management.

Great company to work for. Benefits are okay but could be better. Hours were great. You do have the opportunity to move up. Poor management and communication.

Stressful workplace

Standing with no chairs Short breaks Not enough staff Boring Cant talk to anyone No overtime Good dress code Lack of communication In laguadia airport

Pros

Dress code

Cons

Short breaks and no chairs

Its ok to work there for sometime

There is no benefites and growth in the company. Its only good for part time. I dont recomand it for full time. Management is not good and upto date. Hardest part they dont pay good enough to survive.

Hudson News Good place to work For

Fantastic company to work for.t’s really rewarding, you learn a lot about customer service. They have good benefits and a lot of opportunity. Excellent culture and always striving to make the moment right.

Hudson Group

This is a good company to work for. The people are friendly and welcoming. I love the 4am-1pm schedule, but it is not enough pay. I don't like that they don't offer maternity leave with pay.

Pros

great people

Cons

short staffed

hudson news

Its been a while since i worked here but from my experince it was a good one, great staff, good money free lunch and good benefits. also plenty of chances to advance in company

Horrible place to work.

They dont care about their employee's if you're sick you have to come to work they dont care that you're coughing and sneezing all over the money and products that you're selling to customers. Shifts are supposed to be from 2-10 they come to close your regisiter whenever they feel like it... They don't care what you have to do as soon as you get out of work. for instance you have to pay babysitters extra cause they keep their 2-10 employees until 2-3am if they have late flights.. This is horrible company to work for after 10 + years no benefits or retirement

Temporary job

The break is the best part of the job and knowing people from all over the world. THe pay rate is way too low and the opportunities to climb is less than 1%.

Pros

Lunch Break

Cons

Standing for the full shift

unprofessional, and poor work environment

The compensation isn't high enough for the process you have to go through just to get to work. You move stores everyday so, your job is never consistent. Poor management, and very unorganized.

I enjoyed working for the company.

Hudson Group is not a good place of employment.They have a terrible manangement team.I had good days And bad days.I learned a lot on my own.Manangement was terrible.The hardest part of the job was not being treated fairly.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all Kinds of people.

Pros

never offer free lunch

Cons

they very rarely gave short breaks

Good company

Love working at the airport and meeting all the interesting people. Hudson has good benefits for it's full time employee. I would work for Hudson Group again.

Pros

Get off work before noon.

Cons

Getting to work at 4:00am!

its ok i guess

the job was ok, I got to be surrounded by books all day. the management was fine, the pay was a little low. you didnt get to read on the job which customers actually expected.

Pros

books

Cons

distance.

Great Place to start of as your first job.

The job was very easy and great hours and benefits. The managers were very willing to lend a hand. There was many opportunities for growth and higher positions within the company.

Time consuming

Work 12 hours shift, with one 15 minute and one 30 minute break, these hours were bad on my feet. Coverage was on point. Pay was not good. Management was okay.