Hudson Group

3.0Pay & Benefits

Found 234 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,100 reviews

Hudson Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Never a dull moment

The pay is fair 50% discount on food items and 20% on merchandise. Great opportunity to challenge your sales skills. A diverse company with good leadership.

Pros

Fair wages

Cons

Standing all day, short breaks

Extremely Stressful

It’s hard to stay motivated because staff constantly tears management down and there is no support from corporate to help resolve the issues. Everyday is a battle and it’s exhausting.

Pros

Great benefits

Okay for starters with no experience but

Not a company to be working for if you plan to grow. With little to no experience in retail or customer service. There are times when I’m a little over worked and the pay rate is okay for me at the moment but I feel like I deserve to get paid a little more than my current pay rate. There are companies that are paying a little more than the current minimum wage here in my area and whenever I compare the amount of work that I’m doing here, it can be disappointing and frustrating. As a current associate here, they never really mentioned that food handling was also included in the job description because I thought I was applying for a book seller selling books. Somebody also mentioned here that the benefits in this company was “non existent” and I couldn’t agree more. They do send out applications/handouts about the benefits but the HR never really bother asking the employees if they were interested and they never bother sitting down with new hires about it. There are employees who tend to be bossy and sometimes we tend to be fighting over who’s doing what or who is supposed to be just cashiering focusing on the customers or who’s working on the food delivery. Some managers will bother assigning doing what, but some managers do not care at all and there are lazy ones who supposed to be doing their job (like opening a register for the associate, helping them how to open one or grabbing items thats needed in the store) but instead they assign it to another associate who just happens to have more seniority or experience with the company and leave it to them. I also hate that you’d -

Pros

Lunch is paid

Cons

over worked and short staffed at times, toxic bossy workers

Productivo and fun workplace

They give me support always. The staff Is available always and every Time you need them. The workplace Is Sage and clean. Coworker respect each other too.

Cons

No free lunch

Decent

Is alright so far ,better than most retail its not as hard as any I've worked at but pay more than most but they do want their money's worth even thoe it can be a alot of busy work as managers say

Productive and fun

My favorite job I’ve worked in my entire experience of working. Management could’ve been better but great co-workers, met great people, pay was awesome. No benefits though

The Security of working at the airport. I did not have to worry about being shot.

The company pays very little and you must join the Union which costs $60 a month. The union does nothing for you. The expectations from the company are very high. The company did cutbacks and changed work expectations constantly. The company takes away discounts for employees when they want to. I started work at 4 a.m. and was by myself with long lines. It was expected because flights leave early quite often. Management constantly plays politics with its employees. No open communication at all.

Pros

Good discounts on food items, They took that away after 2 months of working there, They change the policy

Cons

Horrible management, Low pay, Required to join a union which costs $60 a month and does nothing for you at all

Worst place to work

It is by far the worst management team I have ever worked for!You will go out of your way for a management team that wouldn’t do the same for you!They never give raises so good luck making more money when minimum wage goes up People who work here barely scrap by with payWorst job I have ever worked for

Pros

No pros

Cons

Worst management ever

Estresante

El gran problema de esta compañía, son sus salarios y los.horarios que ponen a los trabajadores, nunca tienes un horario fijo , cambia todas las semanas , tienes que esperar al viernes cuando sale el horario para saber cuando trabajas la semana próxima, a veces te ponen un horario en el que trabajas 10 días seguidos sin descansar porque te ponen 5 días de una semana en el horario pero al cambiar la semana siguiente como pertenece a la otra semana tenponen los otros 5 seguidos o sea 10 días sin parar , es exclavisante

Cons

No puedes cordinar tu vida

Mass exodus

Ever changing schedules. And the only reason they are paying more now is because they refused to give pay raise for two years. That is a reason everyone left.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

General manager

Good Company

Good company to work for. Management proactive to retail trends. Really liked working with all team members across all departments. Compensated fairly. One suggestion for improvement would be the 401K match

its a decent firstish kind of job

its really just okay. if youre a night owl p much this job is for you. work hours are p guaranteed and you get paid decent. management wasn't the best and definitely played favs

Different from regular retail

The operation was very intensive and keeps you very busy most of the time. They sometimes are "old school", but have been slowly implementing new technologies. Working in airport retail is quite different from regular retail. Your business is greatly affected by weather. Getting time off was not an issue. There are no real blackout periods except for inventory. No Christmas or other holiday rushes to deal with.

Pros

Great benefits, especially the insurance for manager. Getting time off was not too difficult.

Cons

Schedule was sometimes all over the place. Flight volume really controlled when you were needed.

Flexible job.

They did not pay employees enough. It was a lot of work and not enough pay. We drove around to many places and had to Carry out heavy boxes with magazines in them and very hard on the back.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay was horrible

My favorite job i've ever had

This was my first job that I actually loved! I worked my way up in the company from a regular associate , to team lead, to supervisor within a short period of time but it was due to my work ethic and my enjoyment of the job and the work environment. The pay was great , especially due to the large availability of overtime, and the weekly pay ! It is a relatively slow job , but during peak hours it is a huge rush and nonstop busy. I will say the general manager doesn't know nothing about the actual job that the employees have to do so we could never go him to for help- he only really cares if HE looks good to his bosses and money is in his pockets but even still he was tolerable. Management was decent.

Pros

Long breaks, Great Pay, Advancement

Cons

Long days, very low discount on high priced products, short staffed

Buyers are rude & immature.

No opportunity for growth here. Salary is not good and the office is very immature & catty. Everyone whispers behind everyone's back and then is fake nice to their face. Vendor shows bring out everyone's true colors & drinking habits as well :)

No advancement

Hudson is a great place to work especially in airports. Unfortunately, unless you are a white male, there is limited advancement. There is NO diversity amongst the Senior Management Team at all. You can learn a great deal and middle management is awesome, just don't expect to move up. They do offer annual raises but it is rare to even get a departmental promotion.

Pros

Great Colleagues and Work Environment

Cons

no clear path for advancement.

Great people I worked with

The magazine business is a dying breed. Upper management is as clueless as clueless can be. Plus the union that operates is underhanded and shady.Underbidding the workers.

Pros

Free magazines

Cons

No raises. Union doing deals under the table.

Retail

I worked for Hudson from 2012-2015.The Hobby Airport is a great place to fly into but working there is a mixed bag of good and bad.The uncovered employee parking lot is a health & physical hazard- Hudson News isn’t responsible for that but it’s one of the hazards of working at the airport.DUST. So much dust! I’m allergic to dust, it activates my allergies and I felt sick most of the time because of it!Often got sick because of the dust and whatever sick bug people brought with them.Working at Hudson in the airport, you get to interact a diverse range of people and the occasional celebrity will make your day.When I worked there, the HR people were not decent people and loved to start rumors. The one General Manager that came in after the other GM left was a great guy.There’s a definite lack of communication, need to work on that.

Pros

Benefits, even if they’re expensive

Cons

Lack of communication, mean HR people

Sales Associate

Work-life balanceI worked in the Atlanta Airport met a lot of people all over the world. I was at the company a year.Pay & benefitsN/AJob security and advancementN/AManagementN/ACultureN/AOverallWorking in the Atlanta Airport you have to move fast passengers like to buy the snacks before boarding the plane. I had to keep the store stocked when no customers were in the store and I also stocked while working before and after shift even though we had stock workers I enjoyed the people that work for the company.

Company only cares about upper management

I have worked at Hudson for over 5 years, throughout that time the company has consistently shown their disdain for hourly employees. They do not promote from within and will make you take on more responsibilities that are the management's responsibility and then when you ask for a raise they will refuse. They rely on a few of their hardest workers and best employees to pick up all the slack and want to squeeze out every last bit of work they can out of you without any recognition or increase in compensation. They are terrible about working around your schedule or anyone that has children and needs to make arrangements for them. Do yourself a favor and stay FAR AWAY from this company!

Pros

You receive a paycheck

Cons

Terrible management that doesn't care about their employees, Overworked and underpaid, Will expect you to do extra duties/responsibilities that you will not be compensated for, Too many more to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Hudson Group with

• Hudson Group
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?