Hudson Headwaters Health Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Workplace
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mineville-Witherbee, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Work was a fast-paced, friendly environment. Management was always helpful and understanding, willing to jump in at a moments notice and help out with anything needed on the floor.
Pros
Lunches
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Management is very poor at the administration office. Management needs more training. They need to treat everyone the same and not single out certain people. Some people are ignored until the management needs their knowledge, then they are nice, then go back to ignoring the employee.
benefits
Cons
managers
fast paced Multi physicians officed
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, ny 12885January 3, 2018
Wonderful family oriented office.. Family first attitudes..
Great staff. team work from all
Started out as a small town office and has expanded to several counties
Cut-throat place to work. Watch your back for knives from management!
Lead RN (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYDecember 27, 2017
The staff is cut-throat and intimidated by anyone that has an independent thought. The nursing department management at WMHS2 pretends to care but then reveals personal information to the rest of the staff. Too many cliques within their PODs to make any new staff feel welcome. GOOD LUCK if you go there and be careful you can’t trust anyone there!!!
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Everything else
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYDecember 5, 2017
Great place to work. A typical day is very busy. Management is wonderful and works with your schedule. Balance of work and family life. Great support from providers and management.
Teamwork environment, great management, efficient, follows code and procedures, family oriented, empathic, expansive, and compassionate
Front Of fice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 30, 2017
My experience was wonderful. I sincerely loved my job, my teammates and work environment as a whole. I support HHHN and all that they do and aim to do.
Pros
Teamwork, face-paced, always work to do, food all the time, balance, hardworking team, great doctors, great patient care, endless list!!
Cons
More pay should be given to workers, more employee validation I am always for
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 6, 2017
I start working at 8:00am to 4:30pm. Scheduling appointments, answering phone calls checking emails. I have learned may different types of things. How to obtain authorizations through insurance companies. Hardest part of my job is to not take patient care home with me in my head. I have enjoyed my time at Hudson Headwaters.
great place to work
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 12, 2017
I have worked for Hudson Headwaters for 12 yrs and have enjoyed my job every day. I work per diem 2 days a week but enjoy working with the patience and staff.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
the pay is low
Management is horrible
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMay 11, 2017
Management does not care about their employees, specifically the admin management. That only care about the bottom line. By far, the worst management I have ever worked for. My co-workers were friendly but were so unhappy with working there it was constant negative talk. They do not care how good of work you do. They nit pick your job performance, nothing is ever good enough. I think the organization as a whole is growing with great providers and services but you also need to make your employees happy. I'd rate this employer a negative zero if I could. Admin job seekers take warning!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor admin management
Fun, fast paced
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at work was fun and busy. I learned a lot at Hudson Headwaters as it was my first medical office job in the career I chose. Unfortunately, management at Hudson Headwaters was often difficult to work with. The hardest part of the job was working with direct management for personal needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was having direct patient contact and making their day brighter!
Pros
Free Lunches, Direct patient contact
Cons
Managment
Excellent group of providers and nurses.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Excellent co-workers that work as a team to provide care to patients. I have become a stronger provider because I worked with the providers and nurses at this job.
Co-workers great, otherwise alot left to be desired.
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 13, 2016
Management is out of touch with staff. All that matters is the bottom line. No room for promotion for hard workers, just those that suck up to management and do the bare minimum. Alot of good people st the organization, it's really too bad that the work culture is so horrible.
Benefits
Cons
Management plays favorites
Terrible nurse manager at WMPC
LPN (Former Employee) –  WMPCJanuary 25, 2015
Terrible management at the West Mountain office. The nurse manager at this office is terrible....was never even in the office so she had no idea about anything that was going on there.....when she was there, all she did was work on the schedule, but had no clue about anything nurse-related. She showed major favoritism & was always in a bad mood!! Worst boss I've ever had! Most of the time she was too busy flirting with the guy in the purchasing department to care about her job as the nurse manager! She never checked in with any of her employees to see how they were doing or if they needed help & I think her face would have cracked if she ever smiled!! No thanks, I'll pass!!
Horrible management, good ins
admin (Former Employee) –  Carey RdAugust 18, 2014
Ins insurance is great, pay is so-so. Management is all in who you are related to. Personally would have never left my previous employer for this place but it wasn't awful. Again, the admin office managers are horrible. Spread confidential information.
Pros
insurance, work at own pace
Cons
Managers, short breaks, pay
ok place
L.P.N (Former Employee) –  Fort Edward, NYSeptember 22, 2013
I roomed patients for the MD and getting vitals and getting updated information. Called patients with test results. Gave flu shots and other shots
Pros
enjoyed working with community
Cons
pay
Work at your own pace
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, NYJune 19, 2013
Slow work environment made for long days when you like/need to be kept busy however it was rewarding helping those in need.
Pros
Room for advancement
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  glens falls, nySeptember 4, 2012
hard work, strenuous on back and eyes. i worked all three shifts during the course of my two years at cr bard. good benefits but you needed them because your body takes a beating because of the work that you do.
Pros
good hours, good benefits
Cons
body aches and pains
Enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chestertown, NYJuly 19, 2012
Fun place to work; slow in the winter; busy in the summer; great doctors; didn't have EMR when working
Pros
doctors
Cons
short breaks
Looking for new opportunities
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYApril 11, 2012
Open for discussion...

While there have been many issues with this organization I have gained valuable experiences and have learned many important lessons to be applied to my future career.
part time perdiem position
Per diem receptionists (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls New yorkFebruary 21, 2012
only work about 15-20 hours a month as a part time receptionist, like the job and environment very much been there six years, hours are great to work and they are very flexible.
Pros
nice providers to work with, sometimes free lunches, just a fun different change of pace
Cons
demanding patients, phones get busy, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Headwaters Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Hudson Headwaters Health Network Reviews by Location