Hudson River Community Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with occasional bonuses
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 4, 2018
A typical day at work is waiting on members cashing checks , doing deposits, helping members with their needs when possible..Also making debit cards when needed.
Pros
bouses
Cons
No healthcare for per diems or part timers
Good place to work if you like constant change in your work environment.
Lead Teller/ MSR III (Former Employee) –  Hudson Falls, NYFebruary 25, 2017
It was a fun and productive workplace when I first started there, but became more and more like a bank. They made more and more demands on us, giving us jobs that took more of our time than should be acceptable on the teller line. We did everything from IRA accounts, to wire transfers.
Pros
Good people to work with, for the most part.
Cons
Short lunches, no time for breaks, stressful work environment.
It is ok short term
Operations (Current Employee) –  Main buildingOctober 28, 2016
As others have put there is a lot of negative drama and gossip. It happens at the highest levels (senior managers and even the CEO at times) and makes the whole place very difficult to work for. You have to be on someone's "good side" to get anywhere and even that takes years. HR has had turnover since I've been here and it's made things worse. Policies and procedures are ALWAYS changing and most don't go by them anyway. All the management just makes up their own rules, do what they want and "deal with the punishment" later - which hardly ever comes to them. Hard working employees sometimes go unnoticed because there are so many "stirring the pot" and moving up as they get closer to their managers. The whole place is very biased and makes for a negative work place. Many people have been there for 15-20 plus years when it was a small company, so they are very close and act like family (which is great for them) but they are catty and nasty to new employees and unfortunately that treatment never goes away. I wouldn't suggest taking a job in the main building. The branches were ok. They do pay for logo shirts and stuff and paid holidays following most banking schedules is nice. Some of the employees are really great, but they fade into the shadows of the ones causing drama and becoming a senior managers best friend. If you can tolerate the cut throat, catty drama you'd be fine here.
Pros
Paid holidays, sometimes they buy lunches, logo clothing allowance
Cons
Gossip, policies always change, no room to grow
Easy, simple, fun
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 31, 2016
Pepole are great to work with. Job is easy once you get the hang of it. I had plenty of help from Co workers when I wast confident on my own. Great institution to work for!
Could've been a nice place to work...
Teller (Former Employee) –  CorinthFebruary 8, 2015
It seemed like a nice place to work at first. The co-workers at the branch I started at were great, so I regret taking the full time opportunity at the main branch, because it was a very different atmosphere. I've read the other reviews on here and they are on point about the changing of policies. If you followed policy and it made a member unhappy then you got in trouble. If you didn't follow policy to make a member happy, there was always something else you should've done. We were always short staffed and had to work long hours in the drive thru. Everyone got burned out quick and we were always discouraged due to a lack of promotion. It didn't help that everyone was always worried about getting fired because corporate watched us like a hawk. The higher up women at the operations center were the worst by far, and they're attitude will be why they are unable to keep people long term. Without getting too long winded, I will leave it at the fact that I tried to do the right thing and was kicked in the teeth for it. When I was first hired there, they made it look like this amazing place to work, but I learned just how miserable a lot of the people are. If they actually made employees feel like they had some value there, it would've been a much nicer place to work, but the corporate women (who give each other awards every year), make it a high anxiety place that you dread going to every day.
Pros
They give you food sometimes, some nice co-workers
Cons
Long hours, bad corporate management, fear of losing job, inconsistency, difficult to have a life outside of work
Nice jobs and advancement but managers need help
Sr. Lending Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corinth, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Having done a lot of leadership work and consulting, this place is interesting. I loved my boss but most of the managers or supervisors have a serious issue being professional. They yell at employees behind closed doors when they disagree with something instead of staying professional. There are also some employees who will go from department to department or branch to branch and start drama and conflict or gossip. It is difficult to work around it, but as I said I liked the job. The HR director is very good, and the VP of Lending was good as well. the CEO and CFO I never really talked to. But I heard good things about them.
Pros
Pay, benefits, advancement
Cons
Managers, lack of leaders within company
Great Company
Events Coordinator/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corinth, NYApril 23, 2014
Planned many events, ran payroll, answered employee requests etc. I learned what being a team player was all about. HRCCU gave me a foundation for event planning. The hardest part of my position was payroll. It was very involved but I loved the challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers. They were extremely friendly and great people to work with.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Hardly any training.
was a fun place to work at one point.
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Corinth, NYSeptember 4, 2013
When I started there it was full staffed and for the members. Then it went down hill after about a year and half. Became money hungry and had for chiefs and not enough Indians. Forgot the members and teller staff. Was not getting and breaks and having to work from open to close a lone in the drive thru. I loved the working with the girls that was left on the teller staff. They started making up there on policy as they went a long. The reason I was let go was not right, but didn't want to fight it, because they would have been looking for another way to get me out of there.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
no breaks, working short handed
members are really amazing
MSRIII teller (Former Employee) –  glens falls, new yorkJuly 1, 2013
the members where the best part of the day...i would wait on them all daywith any transactions they would need. i learned that you need to keep you personal life out of your work life. Work needs to stay with work and personal with personal. that was the hardest part of the job. The members where the best part of the job.