Hudson River Healthcare Employee Reviews

experience
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 8, 2018
Typical day providers are booked 4 patients an hour, you are expected to see 25+ patients a day. Supportive management, flexible scheduling, on call requirement.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
over booked
Hrhcare
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYMay 15, 2018
HRHCAre is not a good place to work. Advancement is given to those in advantageous circumstances and not to those who have earned it. Decisions are made not based on the mission but on management’s egos.
Productive, great co-workers from clerical to nurses and doctors
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYApril 17, 2018
It was a pleasure working for Hudson River Healthcare. Patients were able to be seen and treated even if they had no insurance due to sliding scale. At the end of the day it was a rewarding job because patients were pleased and personnel and doctors were great to work for.
Pros
There is constantly training and a lot of positive energy
Cons
Unfortunately, low salaries
very friendly atmosphere to work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Good place to started to get any experienced related to your job description. multicultural workplace. this company help you to grow up not only as a person but also as employment.
Pros
friendly enveromental to work
Great place for the Community they serve, Horrible for some people that work there
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beacon, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Poor Management which trickles down to a disruptive, disrespectful, unprofessional and disorganized work environment! Allot of ‘catty and insecure girls’ so if you are smart and have yourself together, you are a target for foolishness. All while trying to work!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Unprofessional foolishness that will make any good professional run away
Community centered great place to work
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJanuary 15, 2018
I learned so much from working there. From medicine to medical records. Everyone work as a team, and the doctors don't mind teaching you things you want to know.
Pros
Administrator was always available if you wanted to talk.
Productive and Organize work site
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYOctober 17, 2017
We are over 12 CA, WE SEE OVER 300 Patients a day is a fast enviroment but very organize, i think is very important because everything goes smoothly in a day basic, and when Caos attack we know what to expect and we already are train to deal with situation that we can handle in a careful matter.
Pros
accumulation of hours to have vacation time personal, sick
Cons
No opportunity to grow in company
its a great starter job and you are able to learn a lot.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYSeptember 28, 2017
there is the ability to advance in your career however you must act quickly due to multiple individuals are competing for the same position. the agency morale at times can be poor due to being overworked and short staffed.
Pros
loved the people I worked with, it is culturally diversed, does not have much turnover
Cons
not much supervision, no middle management, workers have multiple jobs duties and titles
Great place to get your feet wet
INTERN MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYSeptember 26, 2017
When you walk in it feels very welcoming and very friendly. The staff all feel like family. Its a great place to learn and become familiar with new medical advances.
Fast paced, work place with room for advancement
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYSeptember 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job are my patients and helping them to maintain a healthy and vital life style. I highly recommend working for HRHCare. They truly care about their patients and their employees.
growing organization, mission focused fast paced health care
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYSeptember 7, 2017
HRHCare is a large and growing organization full of committed, passionate people who love what they do. There are opportunities for advancement and growth as HRHCare is always taking on new projects and initiatives. The organization could improve communication and applying staff feedback, but I have never questioned the overall mission and passion of the leadership. This is a great place to work.
Pros
advancement opportunities are available, orgnaization committed to the work of caring for the underserved, great people work here
Cons
growing organization, sometimes hard to keep up with the changes
Quality and patient centered
AmeriCorps Member HealthCorps assistant (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJuly 12, 2017
I worked at Hudson River Health Care as an AmeriCorps, but I had a good experience. I was provided additional training and education and allowed to work with the patient group of my interest. I worked with Pediatrics and with Students in schools and this prepared me for my subsequent position as a Physician working in School Health.
Pros
Varied educational opportunities
Cons
patient scheduling
Love what I do. I enjoy working with my TEAMs.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockland County, NYJuly 11, 2017
I've worked at HRHCARE for over 5 years. I got promoted twice within the first 3 years. Love that there is opportunity for advancements. If you work hard and demonstrate your dedication and commitment to help others they will definitely take that into consideration when it involves growth within the organization. Everyday is not the same. Some days are more stressful then others but it all balances out. Very family oriented environment. Good job security. Great manager. She is very helpful and has helped me grow professionally. The organization is very mission driven. They try their best to help the patients not only in medical need but overall services such as housing and food. They do many events to help bring the community to our beautiful centers. Overall happy and very blessed with my job and the people I work with. One thing I would change is prior to higher administration making any operational changes suggestions should be asked to those who are actually working in the centers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great manager, wonderful organization
Cons
The more you work the more is expected of you
Very stressful and cut-throat environment. Cannot trust co-workers, spy for supervisor.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYJune 28, 2017
The manager was very dishonest, & unprofessional, lack managerial skills. Dishonest about the job description. Cut-throat environment cannot trust anyone.
Pros
Vacation & Sick Days
Cons
No breaks except lunch.
Workplace
Supervising Accountant (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 7, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Company mission is on point and as an organization they are caring to the people they serve and to their employees. Always have a willing to teach and promote with in the organization.
Great rewards require great work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 10, 2017
Every job has its ups and downs. Nowhere is perfect. The management works very hard to serve the people in the community. While not all of the managers are perfect, the VP is kind and approachable. He thinks nothing of sitting down as a front desk rep and registering a patient if needed. You will not find that anywhere else. Patients always come first. No job in healthcare is easy these days. They get funding from the government so pay could be a little better, but this job is so rewarding. You never know what you have until its gone. The staff works hard but again, the community is in such need that sometimes the days are really hard. But they help so many people. If you are not a hard worker, this is not the job for you. But if you are a hard worker, promotion is available. They hire/promote within whenever possible.
Pros
No better place to help the community
Cons
Many people in need in the area-more funding/good workers needed
mixed emotions
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMarch 27, 2017
this job helped e grow as a person and as a medical assistant. However, there is way too much favoritism. There was a number of occasions when management would make me travel instead of putting the medical assistance into rotation like they were supposed to. Management was back and forth with knowing protocol and not knowing protocol. A lot of times the clinical nurse manager was not there and the other manager was not clinical and tried to run the clinical staff, that didn't work out that well.
Great place to work.
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 23, 2017
The company has good management and I would tell anyone to work for this company
the lunches and breaks were well put together. In all I really loved working there
Pros
Lunches were great
Cons
Over all a great company..
Mission driven organization with amazing staff who really care.
Manager (Current Employee) –  PeekskilllMarch 21, 2017
HRHCare is a great place to work. The staff are really committed to the patients. Pay and benefits are good. There are always new projects and efforts to improve, very innovative. Would recommend a friend to work here.
Pros
Flexible hours; staff really care about their work and the patients
Cons
Work way more than the standard hours
Mission driven, community focused, quality healthcare organization
Provider (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I have worked with this organization for over 12 years, and although they have rapidly expanded in the past 5 years, they continue to be mission driven to care for the poor and underserved or their community. They pride themselves on delivering quality healthcare and access to all. There is always room for growth, and you can offer your feedback at all times. It is a national and state leader as a health center, with strong advocacy in Washington to assure stability and awareness of the important work that is accomplished. If you are a provider and want to work daily where you know you wil make a difference in a patient's life, this is the perfect fit for you.
Pros
Flexibility, commitment to quality and access, mission driven
Cons
Busy work day