Hudson Valley DDSO

Working at Hudson Valley DDSO: 42 Reviews

United States42 reviews

staffcarebenefitenjoyworkinggoodpeopletime

Productive work place 3

I love it there because all training are done at a timely manner. There's a lot of resources on the job website I would recommend this agency. You get a lot of time per year

Pros

Work schedule is great you choose where and what hours work best for you

Cons

No breaks

It’s Okay

It’s okay regular DSP work. I enjoy the house I was placed in and never have any problems with coworkers or management. They work well with your schedule and can be understanding. The down side is when you’re mandated, sent to another house, or held. I believe if they did not have mandations this job would be better because you would have a better work life balance. I only encourage those who have grown kids that can take care of themselves or single people to apply.

Pros

Great benefits, fair pay, overtime pay

Cons

Mandating, lack of staff, no work life balance

Hudson Valley DDSO insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

You'll learn but not earn

Seeing the clients progression day to day is awesome. Unfortunately management does not listen to their staff enough. Different shifts are pitted against each other on purpose. The union is a joke. Management does not care if you get mandated to stay and with some houses losing good people because of how they are treated this happens quite a bit.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Everything else

Good people, bad politics

The people who work there are always wonderful, but it feels as if more red tape and bureaucracy is added every year. The pay is average, but the overtime can be brutal. Though, I only work part-time The Final thought is that you are only really a person until after you got through probation otherwise you're just a body.

Good company to work for

This is a good company to work for. They provide opportunity. They have scheduled both full time and part time. Days, evenings and night shifts. Great health benefits. This is a good company to work for. They provide opportunity. The job that we do is helpful to disabled adults

Excellent job for life

Enjoyed working there. Loved working with developmentally disabled patients. Great benefits and pay. Pension benefits. Can work locally. Worked with a professional staff very knowledgeable with this population.

They don't care about you having family or how they burn you out cause your forced to work overtime

My review is they need to fully staff the group homes and use and OT pool for people who want to work overtime , you work with people with disabilities that live in a group home setting with a lot of medical issues

Everyday there's a chance to learn something new, as long as you work well there will be no problems. Surrounded by a good group of people who's always there to help if you need it.

i enjoyed my career working with my individuals

I typical day consist of assisting the individuals with their ADLS.assisting with their chores, along with preparing the meals for the individuals. and administer medication.as well as transporting to and from programs and doctor apt when needed. as direct support staff I learned compassion and understanding of others has to be from the heart when dealing with special needs. The hardest part of the job with be working with staff that didn't have the same passion and drive for the individuals. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the impact I made and the smiles on my individuals faces.

NIce place to work

Great benefits and good pay. I worked there for 16 years and would still be working there if i hadn't moved out of NY state. My retirement is in tact, and i have something to fall back on from my work at DDSO.

Many opportunities for Personal Growth!

HVDDSO is a place that allows a person to grow in terms of job responsibility, promotional opportunities and personal growth. The opportunity to work with various personalities assists with increasing the ability to deal with the many stressful situation involved in this line of work. There are times when the paperwork involved can at times be very stressful and demanding, but always worth the effort.

Best place that I have ever worked

A typical days work consisted of taking care of residents along with the assistance of Developmental Aides. Management was very professional and they handled resident/employee relations accordingly. The hardest part of the job was having to leave it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with peers/co-workers and getting the job done effectively.

Great agency to work for

Currently working in maintenance. Good supervisors and co workers. House staff usually good to deal with. Job is good but not enough pay or overtime..

Pros

Paid time off, flexibility, benefits, pension excellent healthcare

Cons

Advancement a little tough to get, no overtime, low salary

Daily routine

a typical work day come in check to see things are good with the individuals then depending on what shift you do u either got to cook dinner or go on the run and doing outings with the individuals

Pros

benefit

Cons

mandatory overtime

Successful completion of traineeship depends on the training house in which you are placed.

My experience working at HVDDSO was one I would like to forget. As a trainee, you’re placed in a training house for one year. They normally place the trainees to fill the vacant houses (that the permanent workers don’t want to be). Especially on the complex. Staff constantly set each other up, then call the justice center. I eventually had to resign because of poor management, hostile environment, and excessive mandation. They could care less if you have a family or if you’re sick.

Pros

Great benefits.

Cons

Mandation, lack of support from upper management.

It was a good learning experiance .

Set up assignments for staff assist in cleaning house. Patience understanding different needs of the residents. Also dealing with different personality of the staff. writing up staff. When my residents progress improves where they can do something special for themselves.

This is a good place to work.The staff are

Productive and fun . There is always something new daily.I would recommend it as a long term career for a young mechanic. Raises are slow but steady along with the overtime.

Pros

good people

Cons

payscale to low to start

Peaceful and Kind Environment

What I most loved about working in HVDDSO was the kindness, peacefulness and the joy in the environment that I found. There were parties for many occasions and my co-workers were very giving and kind. I was able to establish wonderful friendships working there.The hardest part of my job was the constant moving and picking up of very heavy paperwork. What I most learned from this job was to never regret the little or much done, it all makes a difference at the end and it is a feeling of great accomplishment.

Pros

Food, Fellowship and Environment

Cons

Examinations to get into state job and pay is not much

Very active learning experience

I have learned a lot while working at Hudson Valley DDSO. I have been in a supervisory position for about 10 years and I have learned the importance of time management and being available and on schedule to provide the services and care for each individual in my care.

It's a great place to work if this is your calling.

I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to work this company. I did enjoy what I do and I learned so much to be patient and kind from the individual I worked with which in return helped me with my sick mother's Alzheimer's disease I will always be grateful.

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Could be stressful at time.Minisink

Good place to work. Was responsible for taking care of residents with brain injuries. Staff worked as a team and accomplished some amazing things for the benefit of the residents.

Pros

teamwork

Cons

management no clue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Valley DDSO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Hudson Valley DDSO with

• Hudson Valley DDSO
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?