Hudson Valley DDSO

Hudson Valley DDSO Employee Reviews in Thiells, NY

Thiells, NY9 reviews

Daily routine

a typical work day come in check to see things are good with the individuals then depending on what shift you do u either got to cook dinner or go on the run and doing outings with the individuals

Pros

benefit

Cons

mandatory overtime

This is a good place to work.The staff are

Productive and fun . There is always something new daily.I would recommend it as a long term career for a young mechanic. Raises are slow but steady along with the overtime.

Pros

good people

Cons

payscale to low to start

Hudson Valley DDSO insights

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Peaceful and Kind Environment

What I most loved about working in HVDDSO was the kindness, peacefulness and the joy in the environment that I found. There were parties for many occasions and my co-workers were very giving and kind. I was able to establish wonderful friendships working there.The hardest part of my job was the constant moving and picking up of very heavy paperwork. What I most learned from this job was to never regret the little or much done, it all makes a difference at the end and it is a feeling of great accomplishment.

Pros

Food, Fellowship and Environment

Cons

Examinations to get into state job and pay is not much

Very active learning experience

I have learned a lot while working at Hudson Valley DDSO. I have been in a supervisory position for about 10 years and I have learned the importance of time management and being available and on schedule to provide the services and care for each individual in my care.

Positively fun creative artwork music basketball and table games.

It was a pleasure for me to work for the Mental Challenge Populations. I had to teach them how can they help themselves such as ADL, prepare a something to eat and drink. I go to the community outing with them. They also brought the best out of me such as pacience, caring, and mostly love. The best part The Company offered materials to do the job well. Such as a lot of training.

Pros

Lunches are optional. Staff can have free lunch or bring their own.

Cons

30 to 45 minutes break.

Productive and straight-forward

Co-workers and I worked as a team to care for those disabled. Work place was very straight-forward and demanding. We always got the job done.

Helping with safety, quality and production

Working as a team with co-workers. Performing well under pressure. Meeting or exceeding deadline. Being honest, dependable and reliable.

Pros

Eating out very often

Cons

Almost no break

room to grow

great place to work and learn. plenty of room for growth. loving and support environment for clients and employees.

A company that promotes employee growth

Hudson Valley DDSO is an NY state agency for people with disabilities. It is an equal employment opportunity.employer and it has great employee benefits and health insurence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Valley DDSO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits