Hudson Valley Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYMarch 7, 2018
Nice community hospital setting. Management was very personal which made it unique. They didn't allow us to work from home even though I enjoyed coming to work each day.
Bad Management
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYAugust 30, 2017
The management team was very mean and unfair to their employees.
I was stressed everytime I worked and was terrified to make a mistake for the fear of being screamed at.
Pros
Gained experiance
Cons
Bad management
Great spot and great team to work with.
Clinical Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJune 28, 2017
Great spot and great team to work with.
Solid work experience and great training provided to students desiring enhanced education.
Proficient providers who always do their best for every patient.
Great Place To Work
Hospital Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYMay 1, 2017
HVHC was a great place to work. I was pursuing a full-time job and at that time HVHC did not have anything available.
The staff and administration were great to work with.
Hudson Valley
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Valley, NYMarch 19, 2017
As an intern at the time, i had a wonderful opportunity to learn a lot about the healthcare field. Its because of such positive experiences such as this that made me want to continue my education and become a nurse
Productive and easy
ER/ADMITTING REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYFebruary 19, 2017
I was working 11pm-7am in the emergency room , learned some billing and coding.
Management - good.
Workplace culture all types
the hardest part of the job was the salary, very low and once the facility got a new CEO, went down hill.
The most enjoyable part to the job was my co-workers.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
breaks were too short.
It was under different management during my time there.
PCT II (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 27, 2016
Hudson Valley Hospital allowed me several positions and i was very proud to be an employee working under many hard working and caring nurses. It wasn't easy surviving on my pay but New York isn't the cheapest place to live. Management changed hands more times than i can count so many aspects of my position changed seemingly month to month. Despite these changes the one constant was making sure all of my patients felt comfortable and safe. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was making someone feel comfortable. Doing whatever i could to ease their pain. I understand it runs much smoother now that New York Presbyterian has entered the fold.
Pros
Opportunity to advance.
Cons
At the time the hospital was going through some growing pain.
Most Welcoming Hospital Yet
Hospital Intern (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Not your average hospital. Very warm and inviting atmosphere and staff. Excellent patient care and concern provided.
Productive and fun place to work
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Town of Cortlandt, NYNovember 5, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. Employees were nice and very upbeat. Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with the patients and their needs.
Great work environment
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYMay 21, 2015
Nurses are valued and treated with respect by both physicians and management. A great place to work. Very busy but manageable work load. Co-workers always helping out each other. A lot of call required and 48 hour weekend coverage every 5th to 6th week made it hard to spend time with family.
Pros
Nurses are valued
Cons
Call
A quality organization
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYMay 21, 2015
This hospital improved their quality from poor to excellent during the time I was there. The Rehab dept was excellent.
I enjoyed working at this hospital as excellent work was encouraged. I feel best when I do excellent work
Pros
Were complient with regulations
Cons
My position was eliminated when the hospital was purchased
Great place to work.
Subject Matter Expert, RN (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYOctober 27, 2014
Staff is friendly and professional. Lots of positive reinforcment from administration for jobs well done
Pros
friendley and professional work atmosphere
Cons
small town medicine
Family atmosphere is the culture amongst the organization.
Manager of 33-bed medical/surgical unit (Current Employee) –  Westchester, New YorkAugust 8, 2014
A typical day at Hudson Valley Hospital Center for a nurse manager is as follows: Immediately upon arrival each day you collect the report on all patients and then see all the staff. Gather information and prioritize tasks and needs from these communications. Daily meetings with all managers takes place twice daily to manage the bed assignments and staffing needs. All managers work well together and support all unit needs as a team. The most difficult pat of the job is fitting everything in and accommodating for staffing issues such as call outs. The best part is the interactions with the patients, families and the staffing team.
Pros
Family culture & Magnet status
Cons
Staffing is sometimes tough with sick calls and FMLA, but the management team works together to handle crisis situations.
Excellent work experience
VP Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJuly 15, 2014
Leadership very involved in mission of hospital - quality and efficient patient care. Promotes this culture for all employees. Rewards employees for job well done. Very congenial atmosphere where employees and leadership know each other by first name, line staff mingle easily with management, ideas shared and bottom-up approach to problem solving greatly encouraged.
Work with some great co-workers.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJune 14, 2014
Have some very hard working nurses. Too bad the management doesn't seem to appreciate all that they do. Very short staffed on nights and the benefits are terrible.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Benefits, low pay, under appreciated
Some hardworking staff members
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJune 13, 2014
Have some very good co-workers. The 12 hour shifts are hard but give you more time off. Most nights there is a high Patient to PCT ratio which makes giving quality care quite a challenge.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
short staffed, benefits are minimal
Productive morning draw
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Traveling through the hospital drawing blood on people from all walks of life. learning the ins and outs of costumer service.
Pros
working 5am to 130pm
Cons
having to work every other weekend
Productive and Fun place to work
Authorizations/Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYDecember 5, 2013
Hudson Valley Hospital was a fun and productive place to work.I learned a lot working here.
Pros
discount on lunches for employees/ Christmas partyes/ free lunches once in a while
Cons
Hard to move up.
Great place to work, quickly become good friends with associates
Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, New YorkAugust 25, 2013
- Patrol all five floors, parking garage and the outdoor property.
- I learned the importance of being thorough
- Management is very good, always making sure we're doing our job
but reasonable and available to help.
- Co-workers are reliable and very helpful
- The hardest part of the job is remaining calm in stressful situations
- The most enjoyable part is doing something that feels meaningful
and knowing that i'm doing something positive and helping people.
Pros
Employees, feeling of achievement, helpful bosses
Cons
Commute to work is far
HVHC is the one of best place i ever worked
Envirienmental aid  (Current Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJune 17, 2013
I love my current job . but i am looking to get in my field . co workers are great no complains everything is good